The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Humble Jumble Bundle 7

Pay what you want (at least $1) to get:

• RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
  • Devil Daggers
  • Runestone Keeper

Beat the current average ($4.49) to get:

• Stronghold Crusader 2
  • Prison Architect
  • Punch Club

Pay $9.99 or more to also unlock!

• Miscreated (Early Access)

This bundle also includes a coupon for 10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Ooh Prison Architect and Stonghold Crusader 2...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Labbug

The Iceberg Interactive catalog is on sale at Steam from Sept 22 thru Sept 26. 

Gusington

Oriental Empires at Green Man for 19.29.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JasonPratt

That sale, I just happened to notice, includes their release of a blessedly DRM-free version of The Saboteur, aka to its fans as Grand Theft Nazi.

I love that game like cake.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Well worth the $20 normal price (well worth its original $60 tag, on console anyway); moreso on sale.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Wow, some deep discounts from Gamersgate for Batman Midweek, specifically the Arkham series (not the Lego or other things).

Arkham Knight and all its loot (via season pass), for $17 total.

All the games (except for Blackgate unless you just really like 2.5D platformers) are worthy of attention, but the original Arkham Asylum would fit best for Halloween season coming up.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

How many hours of gameplay are there in Arkham Asylum?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on September 27, 2016, 05:41:09 PM
How many hours of gameplay are there in Arkham Asylum?

Main Story : 11½ Hours

Main + Extras : 16½ Hours

source : http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=14443

JasonPratt

Agreed, about 10 hours, half as much again if you're going to try to get all the Riddler trophies scattered around the map. (For the other Arkham games, that time might easily double.)

Personally, for this game I recommend not bothering: one hundred percent completion actually requires you to pick up the cheat maps, too (which is insane, and which the Riddler will taunt you about of course); and you won't be able to get all the trophies and things until just before the grand finale (with fireworks in the sky), which will require you to give up finishing the game until you backtrack through almost all the maps to get them -- the Riddler plots tend to break immersion in the games badly -- and what is your reward? A mere minute or so of audio where Oracle finally does something she really should have been able to do the whole time, triangulate his signal, and she sends the police to raid and capture him.

I guess listening to him slowly devolve from sneering condescension into unbelieving panic and rage as you approach 100% is funny; it's worth more than the final audio anyway to me. But you can get most of that just picking up stuff as you go -- which is worth doing for the xp to buy abilities with, but you can max out your abilities in this game by the 3/4 mark and a couple aren't that useful anyway.

So again, for this Arkham game, I don't recommend trying to beat the Riddler: overall I don't think it's worth the effort. You can find a Youtube video somewhere for the completion.

Edited to add: you can't just totally ignore the Riddler sidequest, since beating one Riddle (which is pretty easy) advances the story. You can however start picking up some of the trophies from practically the first minute the actual 'action' starts. (After the Joker escapes, which isn't much of a spoiler because come on really.)

JasonPratt

You have my jealousy, btw, Gus, if you do decide to play it for the first time for Halloween.

Meanwhile, I couldn't recall if I had ever actually played Arkham Origins on the PC -- I think I've always played it on my PS3 -- so I fired it up last night... and it crashed when transitioning into the second main cutscene.

Out of curiosity, I headed to the Steam forums where I found that people with Win 8.1 (like me) have been having similar problems recently, and a recent upgrade to Win 10 completely destroyed the ability to play the game at all.  :o :buck2: :uglystupid2:

Sooooo.... as great as that game is, I can't really recommend it safely for PC atm, even though $5 is $5 and you might be able to get a Steam refund. You really might be better off just finding a Youtube compiliation movie. Or a console to play it on over a weekend.

(Edited to add for clarification: that's just Origins. The other three main games are fine on PC, even Knight although it launched rather broken in some ways and will never be able to fully use an SLI card. Never mind, looks great anyway.)

Gusington

It does look good...it would be my first foray into modern Batman games.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

I picked up that Middle Earth game, based on the Batman engine, on a dirt cheap sale awhile back.  Still haven't even installed it.   :uglystupid2: 

Forgot that the Batman-to-PC ports gave me some motion sickness when I tried playing them on my PC monitor.   :'(

Rayfer

Saw Polaris Sector 50% off on Steam.....$19.99.