The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: gameleaper on November 20, 2016, 05:45:05 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 17, 2016, 10:09:30 AM
Gamersgate is having a sale featuring some older notables (mostly Steam keys iirc):

Dominions 4                   -   80%  Off     ($7)

Conquest Of Elysium 4    -    67% Off     ($8)

The Age Of Decdence     -    50% Off     ($15)

Mount & Blade: Warband   $6.78    + Napoleonic Wars  $3.40

King Of Dragon Pass                  $6

Making History series (incl. The Great War)     50% off

Starpoint Gemini 2          -   80% off

IL-2: 1946          $2.50

Men Of War Series    ~  $1 to $2.50 apiece

http://www.gamersgate.com/offers

I was busy making my blastin Metal track https://soundcloud.com/user-313843909/do-it-like-me-not-like-the-monster   when I happened upon Nefs List here wow been waiting for Dom4 price drop, its just a serial so all was fine, but CoE4 was a steam key, I will have to live with that now, Nef Thanks Id of missed probably one of the all time best games without seeing this thanks.

Some damn good prices in there.   :notworthy:

Shelldrake

I picked up Starpoint Gemini 2 Gold Pack for less than $10Cdn - can't complain at that price!  :bd:
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Silent Disapproval Robot

I bought Hitman: Complete from Steam yesterday as it was 50% off but the game sees my HOTAS stuff as a game controller and overrides mouse and keyboard inputs.  There's no way to disable controller support from in-game and, as I don't want to crawl under the desk to pull 4 USB devices every time the urge to fire up Hitman hits me, I did my first ever Steam refund this morning.

Can't understand why some dev teams don't include the ability to disable controllers and/or remap keys.  In my mind, these should be standard features on all PC games.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 21, 2016, 06:14:53 PM
I bought Hitman: Complete from Steam yesterday as it was 50% off but the game sees my HOTAS stuff as a game controller and overrides mouse and keyboard inputs.  There's no way to disable controller support from in-game and, as I don't want to crawl under the desk to pull 4 USB devices every time the urge to fire up Hitman hits me, I did my first ever Steam refund this morning.

Can't understand why some dev teams don't include the ability to disable controllers and/or remap keys.  In my mind, these should be standard features on all PC games.

Console-to-PC.

:knuppel2:

Gusington

Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 on sale at Origin for 39.99 each. Dare I purchase both?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 22, 2016, 05:03:40 PM
Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 on sale at Origin for 39.99 each. Dare I purchase both?

That's called a "sale"?!

:DD

Gusington

I have a problem now anyway. I've gotten much better at not purchasing new games immediately. But now I have a backlog of games I am waiting on sales for...guess that's better than backlog of purchases already made and not played.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Humble bundle with a couple of interesting games. Legend of Grimrock2 ...this version has workshop and Dungeons2 for under $4. For $14 you get Grim Dawn.

https://www.humblebundle.com/nicks-staff-picks-bundle

Anyone play Legend of Grimrock 2 ? Played the first one and got most of the way through until the puzzles got on my nerves.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

FlickJax

Quote from: -budd- on November 22, 2016, 10:10:47 PM
Humble bundle with a couple of interesting games. Legend of Grimrock2 ...this version has workshop and Dungeons2 for under $4. For $14 you get Grim Dawn.

Anyone play Legend of Grimrock 2 ? Played the first one and got most of the way through until the puzzles got on my nerves.

Yeah I was expecting Dungeon Master and got a cryptic quiz :(

Rayfer

Quote from: FlickJax on November 23, 2016, 03:04:43 AM
Quote from: -budd- on November 22, 2016, 10:10:47 PM

Yeah I was expecting Dungeon Master and got a cryptic quiz :(

I bailed on the first one after about 6 levels, the puzzles got annoying as there were far to many of them.

JasonPratt

I was thinking about migrating my Medieval 2 Total War (+ Kingdoms) to Steam at last, just for the convenience, when the Steam Sale rolls around again soon (possibly today).

Then I read somewhere on a thread (at Steam) that somehow the game can be registered from CD to Steam without purchase. That... that doesn't seem right? I haven't tried it yet. (I know a CD-installed game can be registered on Steam as a non-Steam game -- I think the guy may have done this and misunderstood what happened.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 23, 2016, 12:44:08 PM
I was thinking about migrating my Medieval 2 Total War (+ Kingdoms) to Steam at last, just for the convenience, when the Steam Sale rolls around again soon (possibly today).

Then I read somewhere on a thread (at Steam) that somehow the game can be registered from CD to Steam without purchase. That... that doesn't seem right? I haven't tried it yet. (I know a CD-installed game can be registered on Steam as a non-Steam game -- I think the guy may have done this and misunderstood what happened.)
No it's correct. It's to do with SEGA doing it because of Micro$oft doing a Windows update that stopped Secdrv.sys (their disk security DRM) on RTW, MTW2 and the dlc. Just put in your original disk validation code and you're good to go. All legit, I have done it as backup for my disks. I use a workaround on Cmd.exe to use my disks, so just use the Steam link as a backup. You may find using a work around actually better than Steam if you use mods, as some mods are incompatible with Steam anyway. PM me if you want details of the work around I use. It's simple to use.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

Great! -- you saved me almost $13!  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Steam has 7 Days to Die for $9.99! If you don't have it I highly recommend it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak