The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Green Man Gaming is running a special of 43% off the Cadet and Colonel Editions of Hearts of Iron IV.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

Although I have a phobia of many Paradox strategy games, my interest in Hearts of Iron IV has been piqued by the soon to come WWI mod...how you fellers feel about HoV IV in general?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I have it an honest try but I think I was too invested in HOI III and I found that I didn't care for the direction they took IV in.  IV automates too much for my tastes as I feel it strips control away from me.  I spend for time getting frustrated with the battle planner than I do appreciating it because it constantly moves troops across my front lines to places where I don't want them to be. Then I have to go in and fiddle with the planner to make a bunch of smaller plans therein nullifying the intent of the planner which was to limit much of the micro management tedium from III.  I also miss the wonderfully detailed tech trees/development cycles from III. IV's aren't nearly as detailed and feel too simplistic and generic to me.

Gusington

Wow the few Paradox strategy games I have committed a few hours to years ago already felt like they were playing themselves with little/no input from me...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 17, 2016, 12:56:39 PM
Although I have a phobia of many Paradox strategy games, my interest in Hearts of Iron IV has been piqued by the soon to come WWI mod...how you fellers feel about HoV IV in general?

Too bad you chose the HOI series as your main interest into Pdox games.  The most problematic AI in any Paradox series, along with all the design & outcome complaints.    :hide:

Gusington

^That's what I've been reading. Haven't played an HoI since the first one.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on December 17, 2016, 03:56:57 PM
^That's what I've been reading. Haven't played an HoI since the first one.

You quit too soon. Hearts of Iron II is probably the best of the series. But even I don't play it anymore--there are too many other games I like better.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mkivcs

And another pre festive Bargain Kerbal Space Program £10.19 on this side of the Atlantic and no doubt similarly discounted in other lands.https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Gusington

Greybriar have you played HoI IV?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on December 17, 2016, 07:20:55 PM

No. I'm waiting for it and all its DLC to go on sale for 75% off (or more) before I take the plunge.

Barthheart

Quote from: Greybriar on December 17, 2016, 08:54:09 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 17, 2016, 07:20:55 PM

No. I'm waiting for it and all its DLC to go on sale for 75% off (or more) before I take the plunge.

O0

steve58

chrono.gg has The Seven Years War (1756-1763) for $10 for the next ~21 hours.

I've never used them so can't vouch for them.  For whatever its worth, their site does show up on IsThereAnyDeal which is where I saw the deal...

What is Chrono.gg?
Chrono.gg is a daily deal site built by passionate gamers dedicated to curating the best games around and providing them to people at incredible prices. Our model is simple. Every 24 hours, right at 9AM Pacific, we start selling a really cool high quality game at a super low price. Your time and hard-earned money are important to us, so we've built Chrono.gg from the ground up to provide an easy, straightforward, and trustworthy place to buy awesome games.

Game developers and publishers are also important to us. That's why we work directly with them and will never sell "grey market" keys or work with 3rd-party resellers. Rest assured that any purchase on Chrono.gg directly supports the developers of the game.

Where do your keys come from?
For all of our deals we work directly with the publisher or developer. We decide on the sale price together and they send us all of the keys we sell.

https://chrono.gg/support
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Pete Dero

BanzaiCat

undercovergeek

That sound you hear - that's jarhead reaching for his credit card