The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on September 03, 2017, 09:30:11 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 03, 2017, 03:49:44 PM
I thought they were going to merge the two games on to a bigger map with 2's release...what's the deal?

CA stated that the campaign maps between 1 & 2  will be merged... a few weeks after. 

Which, to my ears, sounds more like "whenever we get to it".   I expect it will take them quite awhile longer to get it done (and properly).  Pretty sure they said something like "2 weeks after release" which, as we all know, is code for 'we have no idea'.

So TWW2 will only have the western continent at launch, and no combo of the two.

Why do you think "2 weeks after release" is code for "we have no idea"? Two weeks after release is pretty damn specific, if you ask me. Sure, it may be delayed, but if they were playing games, I don't think they would have publicly released such a specific time frame.

Once again, the CA and TW hate/skepticism never ceases to amaze me (this comment is not aimed at you Nef). In my opinion, TW is one of the greatest series ever released, flaws and all. Find me another game that mixes turn based grand strategy with real time tactical battles with as much style as we get in TW.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

In Falcon 4 development, saying something would be available in "two weeks" is a euphemism for "we have no idea how long."  I've been Googling it to see if it's a term that applies to computer game development in general, but nothing is popping up.

Regardless, that's how I took the above comments...not has some hate on CA.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

JH - It's aimed at me, isn't it...

Tranny on sale at Steam for half off (about 22.00) - I am taking the plunge at that price, as soon as I get home.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 07, 2017, 11:56:37 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 03, 2017, 09:30:11 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 03, 2017, 03:49:44 PM
I thought they were going to merge the two games on to a bigger map with 2's release...what's the deal?

CA stated that the campaign maps between 1 & 2  will be merged... a few weeks after. 

Which, to my ears, sounds more like "whenever we get to it".   I expect it will take them quite awhile longer to get it done (and properly).  Pretty sure they said something like "2 weeks after release" which, as we all know, is code for 'we have no idea'.

So TWW2 will only have the western continent at launch, and no combo of the two.

Why do you think "2 weeks after release" is code for "we have no idea"? Two weeks after release is pretty damn specific, if you ask me. Sure, it may be delayed, but if they were playing games, I don't think they would have publicly released such a specific time frame.

Once again, the CA and TW hate/skepticism never ceases to amaze me (this comment is not aimed at you Nef). In my opinion, TW is one of the greatest series ever released, flaws and all. Find me another game that mixes turn based grand strategy with real time tactical battles with as much style as we get in TW.

I don't get the rabid CA hate, either.  I've pre-ordered their releases numerous times and been okay with it as long as they were patching any broken stuff.  Hell.. I still like Rome 2 yet still see people complain about it despite having had 17 updates that fixed most of the initial issues it had on release.   I've enjoyed Warhammer quite a bit as well, and want to spend more time with it (among others).   :bd:

The reason I'm not pre-ordering Warhammer 2 is that the major feature I'd been looking forward to, the combined campaign map, will not be included at release.  That doesn't mean I won't pick it up in the future. 

The "2 weeks" mention was in relation to the same old game development joke.  The infamous reply to, "when will the patch be ready?".  When they replied with two weeks, you knew that was always just the earliest & most optimistic guesstimate.   

If CA does put it out 2 weeks afterward (or 2 months?), then I'll be pleasantly surprised.  Not disappointed.  Because I won't tell myself to expect it.

Expect the worst, hope for the best, and you won't be disappointed.  <:-)

Side note:  It's probably distantly related to other approximated replies of "two".  Such as police officers knowing that nearly everyone pulled over for drunk driving & asked, "how many beers have you drank" will reply with "two beers" when it's more but the driver doesn't want to admit it.   ;D

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2017, 02:41:40 PM
Tranny on sale at Steam for half off (about 22.00)

I searched for this tranny game on line, but I must say I don't see much gaming in the results I'm getting  8).

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Polaris Sector is 50% off (for $20). 

I'm torn about buying it.  I have Distant Worlds Universe (unplayed) and Armada 2526 (unplayed).  If I bought Polaris Sector, it would be my third unplayed 4x space game.

I love 4x space games, but I already have two great unplayed ones.

Barthheart

Quote from: airboy on September 08, 2017, 12:25:41 PM
Polaris Sector is 50% off (for $20). 

I'm torn about buying it.  I have Distant Worlds Universe (unplayed) and Armada 2526 (unplayed).  If I bought Polaris Sector, it would be my third unplayed 4x space game.

I love 4x space games, but I already have two great unplayed ones.

GET IT! It's a steal at that price.

Play it before the others.  O0

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Greybriar on September 09, 2017, 08:05:07 AM
Quote from: airboy on September 08, 2017, 12:25:41 PM
Polaris Sector is 50% off (for $20).,,.

Link

Or direct from Matrix : http://www.matrixgames.com/products/product.asp?gid=595   (serial is exactly the same serial you will need to redeem the game on Steam)

Nefaro

GOG has some sales going right now.  On it's Weekly Sale.  50-75% Off.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20170911_weekly_sale

Such as:

Hard West 75% off  ($5),  Tropico 3, 4, or 5 going for $3 or $6, and some others..

BanzaiCat

Hard West is pretty fun, but can be frustrating as it seems solutions to the missions are pretty narrow. But at that price it's a good deal.

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

You magnificent bastard, Cyrano. :)