The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Hell, I didn't know there was that option! 

Sir Slash

No, the roaches ate all the bedbugs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

kludger

Fanatical has the Endless Space 2 Collection for $17.99 in case anyone like me missed the historical low sale last month which was just $1 less:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/endless-space-2-collection
Includes 5 items: Endless Space 2 - Digital Deluxe Upgrade, Endless Space® 2, Endless Space® 2 - Lost Symphony, Endless Space® 2 - Untold Tales, Endless Space® 2 - Vaulters

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 24, 2018, 03:26:45 PM
No, the roaches ate all the bedbugs.

The rats wanted to eat the roaches, but the roaches beat the hell out of them. In a running battle. All night.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

sandman2575

Quote from: kludger on October 24, 2018, 06:20:45 PM
Fanatical has the Endless Space 2 Collection for $17.99 in case anyone like me missed the historical low sale last month which was just $1 less:
Includes 5 items: Endless Space 2 - Digital Deluxe Upgrade, Endless Space® 2, Endless Space® 2 - Lost Symphony, Endless Space® 2 - Untold Tales, Endless Space® 2 - Vaulters

I'm admittedly a bit of a zealot on the subject, but I seriously think ES2 is one of the best Space 4x games out there -- comparable to Distant Worlds, and considerably better than the original Endless Space.

Anyone who's even remotely interested should pick it up at this price.

jamus34

Quote from: sandman2575 on October 24, 2018, 08:20:13 PM
Quote from: kludger on October 24, 2018, 06:20:45 PM

I'm admittedly a bit of a zealot on the subject, but I seriously think ES2 is one of the best Space 4x games out there -- comparable to Distant Worlds, and considerably better than the original Endless Space.

Anyone who's even remotely interested should pick it up at this price.

Have to agree with this and Endless Legend on the Civ scale games too.

It took me a while to get into them (mostly watching some YouTube let's play) but these games are deep in ways I'm still discovering and figuring out.
Insert witty comment here.

mbar

First-person shooter Metro 2033 is free on Steam for the next 24 hours, and if you download it before time runs out you can keep it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/43110/Metro_2033/

RommelFox

Quote from: mbar on October 25, 2018, 02:29:25 PM
First-person shooter Metro 2033 is free on Steam for the next 24 hours, and if you download it before time runs out you can keep it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/43110/Metro_2033/

Snagged it. Thanks for letting us know.  Seems like a pretty interesting game.
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Gusington

I enjoyed it very much when I played it a while back.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Tpek

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 29, 2018, 01:13:07 PM
Steam Halloween sale started.

Well, this is an easy one this time.
Nothing that I'd like to get right now is properly discounted, so my bank account is safe for now.

And now I'm waiting for the Winter sales :P

Rayfer

Quote from: Tpek on October 29, 2018, 01:35:30 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on October 29, 2018, 01:13:07 PM
Steam Halloween sale started.

Well, this is an easy one this time.
Nothing that I'd like to get right now is properly discounted, so my bank account is safe for now.

And now I'm waiting for the Winter sales :P

+1

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

The GoG Halloween sale has also started, btw.

Was going to buy Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, on sale for about $4 (normally around $15), and double-checking on Steam I've already got it. No idea how.

Anyway. I did note that the 3rd Person squad shooter The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is on sale for also about $4, and I enjoyed that game quite a bit more than I was expecting -- this was the game people thought we were going to get instead of a proper XCOM remake (which ended up releasing first after all). So I like to point it out when I can.  O:-)

Someone compiled all the freaky live-action commercials someone sunk cash into, for promoting this game. It doesn't give a good idea of the gameplay or even quite the tone, but they're still interesting as an experimental series of commercials-as-storyline.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!