The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

That's the Buzz Aldrin successor that Aldrin worked on? If so, I've got it, and ran an AAR for the Soviet side as a sample back on its release. Its UI was a little clunky compared to the original Race to the Moon game (that I recall), but it has more depth. At the time of its release there was a serious graphic bug that borked the replay of re-entry footage, whereupon I stopped doing the AAR. I haven't checked if that has been fixed yet but I'd be very surprised if it hasn't.

Conclusion: if you liked the original Race into Space, you'll probably like this as much. If you like the management side of Kerbals but want a more historical game then you'll like this. (Note however that it does not, or anyway did not, have Kerbal's depth!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Fanatical has as a massive Total War sale going on right now.  There are steep discounts for nearly every game & DLC; even TW3K is available for 33% off.  Get 'em while they're hot! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Seriously, these are damn good prices.  Just about everything is 54-68% off:  Main titles are $10-15, and most DLC is $4-7.  You can even pick up the original Shogun and Medieval for a few dollars. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

There was an extra 5% off coupon offered from Fanatical for Three Kingdoms that brought the price down to 37.99 - finally got it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

kludger

Unity of Command 2 on sale on Steam, 20% off = $23.99, weakening my resistance:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/809230/Unity_of_Command_II/

Any of you guys who picked it up, is it worth it at that price? I was hoping to wait for PBEM and Axis playable but that's a good price.

jamus34

Not sure if anyone saw this but Steel Division 2 is currently on sale at Steam for $19.99 for the base game.
Insert witty comment here.

FlickJax

Quote from: jamus34 on March 03, 2020, 03:33:55 PM
Not sure if anyone saw this but Steel Division 2 is currently on sale at Steam for $19.99 for the base game.

People still playing?  if so what you think?

Pete Dero

Quote from: FlickJax on March 04, 2020, 04:50:23 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on March 03, 2020, 03:33:55 PM

People still playing?  if so what you think?

Good source for info on the game : https://www.youtube.com/user/VulcanHDGaming/videos

Playlist of a campaign : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0p3l0ggbMctuyylhI_sH8HzOF82VYSfT  (no need to watch all 56 to get an idea !)

It still is played (new DLC released this week (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1236360/Steel_Division_2__The_Fate_of_Finland/) and I should definitely start playing this more.
Best choice should be to go with the General Deluxe Edition to get the extra campaigns included in the dlc.

-budd-

Don't know if its a GOG newsletter exclusive but just received the newsletter with an exclusive discount for Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Obsidian edition for $20, its the total package, all the DLC and all the extra goodies for a twenty, couldn't pass that up.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: -budd- on March 05, 2020, 01:29:24 PM
Don't know if its a GOG newsletter exclusive but just received the newsletter with an exclusive discount for Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Obsidian edition for $20, its the total package, all the DLC and all the extra goodies for a twenty, couldn't pass that up.

It is a good game - until I got sick of chasing that demented godling.  I would have nuked him if I had a nuke. 
I put 70 hours in that game and really enjoyed it until the last 5 or so hours.  Then I never could finish it.

Sailing around, solving the various quests was a lot of fun - until I was searching for my pocket nuke.

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

JasonPratt

Interesting. I recall buying Mark of Chaos on vacation, and eagerly installing it once I got home, only to be terribly disappointed in it. I wonder if it's better than I recall....
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!