Main Menu

A-10C Sale

Started by JudgeDredd, September 09, 2013, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

DCS A-10C is on sale on Steam for £9
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

The whole DCS catalog is on sale, except Mi-8.

It's a one or two day sale so don't hesitate if you're going to jump in.

Huey is only $10. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

So are these interchangeable? with solo DCS?.. When I first bought Warthog, it was on Steam, then I had to enter it's key into DCS World..

Toonces

My understanding is that you have to enter the key into DCS.  So you can buy it on Steam, but it works in DCS World, is validated through DCS, etc.

It's opposite of how most games work.  Instead of buying it somewhere else and "activating" it in Steam, here you buy it in Steam and activate it with DCS.

JudgeDredd

Damn that's a helluvva lot of savings there!

They could only have pissed me off slightly more if they had put the Mi-8 on sale!
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

Yep, if you believe DCS is the future, dropping the 63 clams to get an almost total buy-in (except for several of the Flaming Cliffs 3 modules) is not a bad investment.

Combined Arms in particular is fun to goof around with. 

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on September 09, 2013, 03:34:39 PM
So are these interchangeable? with solo DCS?.. When I first bought Warthog, it was on Steam, then I had to enter it's key into DCS World..

Yes.  Now you'll load up DCS World (free) and then add whichever aircraft pack(s) you own.  With Steam, I imagine it just adds them like DLC.  Which means it'll probably download every single one even if you don't own them, but yeah.  Not sure about the Steam version, as I don't have that one.

The regular version, you just download an extra installer pack that additionally installs to your DCS world directory and  it's key.

jomni

Combined Arms is poorly implemented gimmick. 
I was hoping it would be a simplified steel beast but ARMA ground warfare is way better.

Toonces

I agree, but it's fun to mess around with.  If/when it gets fleshed out some, it could really revolutionize electronic battlefield simulation.

I don't know if it will be fleshed out...has so much potential, but I've given up trying to figure out DCS's strategy.

Combined Arms might be really fun for a force on force with fellow Grogheads, though.

gameleaper

Quote from: Toonces on September 09, 2013, 03:17:06 PM
The whole DCS catalog is on sale, except Mi-8.

It's a one or two day sale so don't hesitate if you're going to jump in.

Huey is only $10.

bought most, just a couple hours to go on sale.

anyone not got these watch the dcs world video on steam, its really good, I've paid fortunes out for aircraft of this quality.

jomni

Just finished updating my DCS World and modules. 
Now after months of not playing, I need to go though the tutorials again.
This is what I hate about DCS.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on September 11, 2013, 09:27:08 PM
Just finished updating my DCS World and modules. 
Now after months of not playing, I need to go though the tutorials again.
This is what I hate about DCS.

Think I enjoyed Flaming Cliffs 3 more than the others, just because I could get to "the meat" faster.  :D

jomni

I did not enjoy FC because I have to memorize keys. A-10C clickable cockpit has less memorization but you still gotta learn where and what to click though.

JudgeDredd

One of the things that keeps me from staying with the sims is setting it up. For some reason I don't find the key specs very intuitive (the way round they are A+LCTRL) and also - there are so many to setup. Even trying to work out what you will realistically use is a chore. From what I recall the printout wasn't great either.

I'll be reinstalling them on my new rig soon and will give another look at the keys...I might be remembering it wrong
Alba gu' brath