Nork Nukes Nearing Nuisance?

Started by bayonetbrant, March 14, 2017, 11:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 18, 2018, 07:23:49 AMI'm guessing their ordinance would be in working condition, yes?
Yes, their laws are in working condition.  Their ordnance probably is, too.

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 18, 2018, 07:23:49 AMI mean, they didn't manufacture it themselves, and possibly got it from the Russians or more likely, Chinese.
Basic arty shells aren't tough to build yourself.  Even variable timing fuses aren't too difficult.  Making big bullets and having a competent military logistics system capable of delivering it when/where you need it without just creating giant piles of rounds begging for counter-battery fire.

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 18, 2018, 07:23:49 AMI admit utter ignorance of this, but is there a failure rate in artillery shells?
The shells themselves tend to shoot out of the tubes just fine regardless of manufacture.  If they explode in the tube, it's usually a faulty tube, not the shell.  The 'dud' rounds are those whose fuses didn't work properly for them to explode at the other end.  Those failure rates are very, very low (<1%) with normal manufacture, but no one has gotten their hands on a Nork one to examine it.  If there was a Nork dud over the past 15-20 years (based on arty duels with the Southies) no one has publicly acknowledged it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Soon we will be able to play Gamma World for real!  :bd:  :hide:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

Two blowhards enter, one blowhard leaves!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

Two Grogheads enter.....  And then fight over who got there first.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 31, 2018, 11:16:04 PM
Two Grogheads enter.....  And then fight over who got there first.

"Look at page 17 of the rules. Section 21.1.25 paragraph 3, "The player who enters Thunderdome shall be considered first ...."

"Ah ha! Did you see the errata posted on the Thunderdome website?"

Sir Slash

Rules are only for the 'Cool Kids'.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on February 01, 2018, 05:00:25 AM
"Look at page 17 of the rules. Section 21.1.25 paragraph 3, "The player who enters Thunderdome shall be considered first ...."

"Ah ha! Did you see the errata posted on the Thunderdome website?"

"That errata was released two days before version 2.0 was posted, so it doesn't count in the main canon. Only a total newb would consider including it in their game, like Psionics. Pfft."  :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Sir Slash

The only rules for Grogheads are the same ones for Fight Club.  :-X

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 01, 2018, 12:58:13 PM
The only rules for Grogheads are the same ones for Fight Club.  :-X

Don't talk about the Front Page

Sir Slash

What Front Page? Oppps, I said it didn't I? 20 Lashes with Bob's old Horsewhip for me.

bob48

You wish!

A sadist is someone who is kind to a masochist.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!