Main Menu

Remember

Started by Gusington, September 10, 2012, 09:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Eleven years later and the pain is still there. I want to forget but will never let myself. RIP to all those lost.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

It would be nice to think that somehow the anniversary tomorrow will be above political gain, but in an election year, I'm skeptical. And that makes me sad.

My thoughts go out to you, Gus, and to others who were so personally affected by 9/11

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

God bless the souls lost on that horrific day.

MetalDog

I was just telling my son yesterday that when it happened, I felt the pull that so many others felt.  To go to NYC and help.  Rest in peace to all those lost.  May you find peace to all those who survived.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Greybriar

The U.S.A. was a better place before 9/11. I wish we could return to those days.

R.I.P. to those who died on that fateful day.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Martok

Quote from: Bison on September 10, 2012, 10:27:02 PM
...Except for those who crashed the planes.  May theirs know eternal suffering & torment. 

Actually, on second thought, they maybe didn't have souls in the first place... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Keunert

a sad day to human history.
will not be forgotten
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Gusington

I can tell you 'Phro. you did not want to be in NYC that day. I tried to give blood and was turned away because there was no need...it is hard to fully accept the reason why here was no need, even now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

A truly horrible day that should never be forgotten by us or generations to come.

Still every time I see pictures or videos of that day the feelings of shock, sadness and anger well up inside me.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Jarhead0331

9/11 never made me emotional.  No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't shed a tear.  I was in the area when it happened and I saw the burning towers before they collapsed, yet all I can still feel to this day is anger and hatred.  Maybe one day I will be able to let go of this... 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

When I see pictures of that day, the anger always comes back.  May the innocents who perished that day rest in peace. 

I remember the first few anniversaries of 9/11 everyone would be flying their flags, but there were fewer every year.  We should never forget.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Centurion40

Quote from: Bison on September 10, 2012, 10:27:02 PM

And their families & friends.  Amen.
Any time is a good time for pie.

OJsDad

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2012, 08:15:38 AM
9/11 never made me emotional.  No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't shed a tear.  I was in the area when it happened and I saw the burning towers before they collapsed, yet all I can still feel to this day is anger and hatred.  Maybe one day I will be able to let go of this...

I didn't emotional either that day.  However, the next day, when I saw Queen Elizabeth had the band play the Star Spangled Banner during the changing of guard, I did.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Anger and hatred are emotions.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd