Missing: One Chinese Vice President

Started by LongBlade, September 11, 2012, 02:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote says it all. Especially the response to the question.

QuoteA Chinese spokesman on Tuesday said he had no information about the status of leader-in-waiting Xi Jinping, who dropped from sight 10 days ago and has canceled a series of meetings with foreign visitors.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said he had "no information in this regard" when asked about Xi's condition and whereabouts at a news conference Tuesday.

Asked whether Xi was still alive, Hong replied: "I hope you can ask more serious questions."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/11/speculation-surrounds-missing-chinese-vice-president
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

OJsDad

Probably drowned while rolling around in all of the billions we pay them each year in interest payments each year. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: OJsDad on September 11, 2012, 06:17:21 PM
Probably drowned while rolling around in all of the billions we pay them each year in interest payments each year.

Ha!  Well played.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think there's a pretty nasty power struggle going on right now.   New senior party appointments and transitions of power are coming up soon and the VP is missing and possibly stabbed.  Another senior member supposedly drowned.  One supposedly died in a car crash and one's son and wife were involved in the murder and cover up of a foreign businessman.

Chinese Internet censors have blocked searches for news on the vice president being stabbed or missing.

MIGMaster

I'd say he's been stabbed and is now missing......

LongBlade

Quote from: MIGMaster on September 12, 2012, 07:20:25 AM
I'd say he's been stabbed and is now missing......

"I hope you can ask more serious questions."

The Puss

He's back or is it a cyborg?

Chinese Vice-President Xi Jinping has appeared in public for the first time in two weeks.

Mr Xi, who is expected to become China's next leader, attended an event on Saturday to mark national science day, Xinhua news agency reported.

No official explanation has been given for his absence, which fuelled widespread speculation.

There were rumours about the state of his health and suggestions of power struggles within the Communist party.

However, on Saturday China's official news agency carried a brief report of Mr Xi's visit to the China Agricultural University in Beijing with a photograph showing the vice-president smiling and walking with other officials.

Mr Xi, 59, cancelled meetings with four foreign dignitaries including US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

On Thursday, Mr Xi was cited in state media for the first time in 12 days, expressing condolences over the death of a former general.

During his absence, searches for Mr Xi's name on China's Twitter-like weibo micro-blogging sites have been blocked.

He is expected to succeed President Hu Jintao as leader of the ruling Communist Party at a crucial meeting due to be held some time next month.

The BBC's Damian Grammaticas in Beijing says Mr Xi's reappearance seems designed to put to an end days of feverish speculation.

China's leadership transition now looks back on track, he adds.
Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
Si vis pacem, para bellum

LongBlade

It's 1984 all over again. I would believe nothing out of China these days, except perhaps for a good kung pao recipe. Sans mercury, of course.

Martok

I suddenly hear Officer Barbrady from South Park's signature line, "Move along folks, nothing to see here!" in my head. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bob48

Actually, it could be anybody....I mean, they all look the same to me (shrug!)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MIGMaster