Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

dammit, i thought i could unsubscribe and then carry on the campaign - sadly no

tgb

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 17, 2013, 12:44:48 PM
dammit, i thought i could unsubscribe and then carry on the campaign - sadly no

Yeah, I ran into the same thing. I think I am going to stick with Vanilla.  I'm tired of having to abandon a modded campaign every time there's a new patch.

Yskonyn

Or you could disable automatic updating for Rome 2 and finish a campaign on the current modded version, only to patch up again after you're done with it.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Sir Slash

It took about a week for Radious to be corrected when patch 7 came out though I think the patch had to catch-up with the mod version. He did give advanced notice that this would happen then and now. This time it may take longer to fix as his mod notes say there's a lot more to correct. But I'm sure in time he will fix the problems as he did before. I save a couple of vanilla campaigns to fall back on when the mod is down. But it is frustrating as hell. >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I have to fire up Rome 2 tonight just to check out all the shiny new stuff. Hopefully it won't be too tempting and I can carry on my decades long gaming/reading OCD syndrome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

With holiday sales upon us (I just picked up Aarklash Legacy for $10 from GOG), I expect I'll have plenty to keep me occupied while Radius plays catch-up.

undercovergeek

Quote from: tgb on December 17, 2013, 02:26:24 PM
With holiday sales upon us (I just picked up Aarklash Legacy for $10 from GOG), I expect I'll have plenty to keep me occupied while Radius plays catch-up.

im thinking the same - but surely a new, updated mod means a new campaign also?

undercovergeek

expected tomorrow - guys a goddam hero

Progress Update:

Radious Unit Packs - 1,2,3 - all working with patch 8 and new dlc.
Radious Battle Mod: Updated and fully working with patch 8 and new dlc.
Radious AI Mod: Updated and fully working with patch 8 and new dlc.
Radious Graphics Mod: Updated and fully working with patch 8 and new dlc.

Radious Campaign Features Mod: Important table must get new schema to be able to mod it again, then it can be finished, tested and released. Hopefully tommorow.
Radious Economy and Research Mod: Important table must get new schema to be able to mod it again, then it can be finished, tested and released. Hopefully tommorow.
Radious Total War Mod: After all is working, this will be released.

Really tired now, fun continues tommorow afternoon when i am back from work.

Sir Slash

Thanks Geek. That's great news. I guess Rome 2 wasn't built in a day. Sorry. I couldn't resist. ;)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

how does steam do its thing now though?

Radious comes home from work, completes the mod, it all works great with v8 - is the subscription linked to his upload on the twc site?

MengJiao

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 17, 2013, 11:41:11 AM
Picked up Caesar in Gaul...... have read a lot on the subject so I picked it up....  Will report back when I spend time with it.  BTY, got it at GMG for -25% off.

PE

I'm there, man.  I have nothing but fond memories of Caesar's Commentaries.  I did some of the Latin one summer when I was 16.  My Latin tutor was a staggeringly voluptuous lovely girl in her twenties.  20 dollars a session.  20 dollars in 1971!  For an hour of Latin?  Nothing much happened except a lot of picnics.  She was very good at keeping teen-age boys entertained but at bay.  And fed.  And of course one could exclaim at Caesar's various masterful moves.  She was a bit bored with Caesar and 16-year-olds.  We always ended the session with the Greek New Testiment.  And her saying "Yes...Yes..." very slowly as I wandered through the opening pages of the Gospel of St. Mark:

"And...they went...out...all of them..."
   "Yes......yes.......yes....."

Yskonyn

Is 'voluptuous' a kind word to replace fat? Or did you just mean to say she had big tatta's? ;) *evilgrin*
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

MengJiao

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 18, 2013, 10:58:40 AM
Is 'voluptuous' a kind word to replace fat? Or did you just mean to say she had big tatta's? ;) *evilgrin*

I was carefully reviewing my memories and I've concluded:

a) she was not fat
  b) But she certainly was not skinny
  c) we spent a lot of time eating
  d) she had a boyfriend named Hugh who drove an MG.
  e) or that was her idea of a joke
  f) or this Hugh guy and his MG has been displaced from a few years later
  g) or this Hugh guy moved in the same circles I did -- I did finally meet him -- (if that really was him)
  h) tits -- yes -- I'm not sure of their real dimensions but they bulked so large in my 16-year-old mind that they must have had a certain something about them so I used the word "voluptuous" to kind of fudge some fuzziness about the full range of her attractions
  i) some uncertainty here, but I think i have the basic outlines of the whole thing down 

Sir Slash

Radious is working again for the campaign and Ceasar in Gaul. ;D ;D ;D