Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jomni

I love BattleForce (units at platoon / Lance level) and Succession Wars (strategic "4x", unit's at division level.). Still no computer equivalent.

mirth

Quote from: jomni on March 28, 2018, 09:01:12 PM
I love BattleForce (units at platoon / Lance level) and Succession Wars (strategic "4x", unit's at division level.). Still no computer equivalent.

Nerd.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

jomni

^Unfortunately copied from Macross anime. Picture above has the UN Spacy (Macross Faction) logo on the leg.
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/28839-tomahawks-pinup/

And read the thread... The vampire logo on the leg was copied and used by Marik Hussars!

acctingman

SirAndrewD

Quote from: jomni on March 28, 2018, 10:10:57 PM
^Unfortunately copied from Macross anime. Picture above has the UN Spacy (Macross Faction) logo on the leg.
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/28839-tomahawks-pinup/

And read the thread... The vampire logo on the leg was copied and used by Marik Hussars!

Mechwarrior Online put its middle finger up at Harmony Gold and brought it back along with the Maraduer. 

But yeah, hence the current lawsuit.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

there were tons of Macross mechs in Battletech, along with Crusher Joe and Duogram.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

back in the day kaybee toys sold the diecast mechs from Macross under the Robotech lable.  I took them all and we used them as minis.

Gusington

This thread is giving me MechWood.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Ok guys that's it damnit!
I've had the intention before, but lets just do it now!

You are not going to *need* any books to participate. Get the free rules at the Catalyst Gamelabs website and for the additional stuff we can just teach eachother. There are enough people with BT experience here it seems, so everyone is welcome.

I am going to host a Battletech campaign via MekHq and MegaMek. So this will be full tabletop Battletech but in digital form (like Vassal).

Setup is as follows:
Have a few players on the 'good guys' team where you get to roleplay a bit and play matches against OpFor, also player run, but without a dedicated Lance.
OpFor players just play what the scenario gives them. Ideal for people who want to participate, but don't feel they have the time or commitment to manage their lance and support cast.

We'll avoid Clans for now. If the campaign works and people want it we can progress into the Clan age later.
Getting a dedicated part on this forum for various tasks would be very helpful for managing the game easily and enable roleplaying, so that request stands please!

I'll be using the Campaign Ops book for low level campaign management.
TacOps advanced rules can be used.
And if we set out to reach for the stars we can upscale accordingly.

We need to establish wether the 'good guys' are house affiliated or a Merc unit.
Who is interested??
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."