Sorry if I caused a headache

Started by hammersby, September 16, 2012, 04:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Quote from: LongBlade on September 27, 2012, 04:37:54 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on September 27, 2012, 04:36:05 PM
Quote from: mirth on September 27, 2012, 02:36:33 PM
Safe to say that you're the wind beneath our wings, Hammersby.

That's a horrible, horrible thing to say to another man. What the Hell, mirth?

I'm thinking the Great British Bacon Crisis has hit him harder than the rest of us.

Good point. I fear to think of the madness that would grip us all in the face of a lack of cured pork products.

mirth

I'm thinking the Great British Bacon Crisis has hit him harder than the rest of us.

It has and I'm a vegetarian. Mostly I'm worried that you guys are going to start hogging all the tofu bacon.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on September 27, 2012, 04:44:20 PM

It has and I'm a vegetarian. Mostly I'm worried that you guys are going to start hogging all the tofu bacon.

I'm not sure that even if it meant preventing global thermonuclear war that I would try tofu bacon. No offense.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

It's not really made from tofu, but I get your point. I think if I ever caved on the vegetarian thing it would be for bacon.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on September 27, 2012, 04:49:06 PM
It's not really made from tofu, but I get your point. I think if I ever caved on the vegetarian thing it would be for bacon.

I recall reading about a study ( funded,no doubt, by the National Pork Council) which showed that the first meat which 90% of lapsed vegetarians eat is bacon. It was certainly true in my case as I ate no red meat from my 18th birthday to about age 30 or 31.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 27, 2012, 08:54:01 PM
WTF was wrong with you?

Some of the things I saw at work affected my appetite for both rare and well done meat. With the passing of time and a change in career I got over it.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Huw the Poo

If I didn't have to worry about malnutrition, red meat is all I'd ever eat!

undercovergeek

pffft malnutrition - its all our cavemen brothers lived on and they invited the wheel and fire - so they could have a BBQ!!

undercovergeek

Anguille

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 28, 2012, 04:07:51 AM
does anyone know who this was? and no it wasnt me!

http://wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=584708

I'm reasonably certain it's certain someone who has an ax to grind with Grogheads because he/she/it behaved like an ass while a member here and now spends time hiding behind various sockpuppets over at the WG. The style is certainly familiar. >:(

MikeGER

wasnt me too !
...the location is giving as DE ???  ... so looks like someony may tried to let it look like a sock puppet of Yours Truly ???

Anguille you are mod overthere, if there are some dicussion in the admins back-room you can tell it was not planed overhere at the Grogs.       

bayonetbrant

Guys, just leave it alone and walk away :)

We've already reached out to them thru back-channels to smooth things over.

Let's just focus on our community right now, eh?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: MikeGER on September 28, 2012, 10:26:31 AM
wasnt me too !
...the location is giving as DE ???  ... so looks like someony may tried to let it look like a sock puppet of Yours Truly ???

Not me.

Mike, it's possible they're in the US - "DE" is the postal abbreviation for the state of Delaware here.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.