Dominions 6 - by end of year

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 16, 2023, 07:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanaka

Yes very excited to see more info on this...

JasonPratt

Yay, we can look forward to................

...Dom 5 being cheaper to buy for our friends, I guess?  :undecided:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 17, 2023, 07:16:46 AMYay, we can look forward to................

...Dom 5 being cheaper to buy for our friends, I guess?  :undecided:

Well, version 4 is only $5 cheaper than version 5 right now, so not sure going to save a lot of money:)

FarAway Sooner

Man, Dom II was a great game.  I played the lights out of that title.  More than any fantasy game since the original MoM, I'd bet.

I know Dom II is great for multi-player, but I don't play much.  Every time I look at the feature list, it looks like not much has changed since Dom II except QoL fixes.  Am I off-target?

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the guys at IllWinter.

JasonPratt

The biggest difference after Dom2 is the random map generator, starting from Dom3.

Also a lot more factions, spread across three eras, I think (also starting with Dom3, if I recall correctly).

There have been some optimization and quality of life upgrades, and now the factions aren't locked to specific historical eras. I really don't know what else has been upgraded. Not much that I recall specially in Dom4 and 5 when I played those mp. (Maybe mp functionality per se?)

I do know that the Japanese faction used to be able to summon three headed dragons (i.e. Ghidoras basically!), because I nearly pulled victory from the jaws of defeat doing that in an mp game years ago, screwing over the other players behind their front lines even after my faction's capital fell! ....but the last few games I played, that didn't look like a spell option anymore.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 18, 2023, 01:02:14 PMI do know that the Japanese faction used to be able to summon three headed dragons (i.e. Ghidoras basically!), because I nearly pulled victory from the jaws of defeat doing that in an mp game years ago, screwing over the other players behind their front lines even after my faction's capital fell! ....but the last few games I played, that didn't look like a spell option anymore.

I'm envisioning how you plotted your strategy and then announced...

"Ghidora is under our direction.  He is sure to defeat your monsters.  And I shall return after that, so prepare to surrender!"  (American international version, 1969)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

I couldn't think of a good quote to announce the deployment of multiple Ghidoras, alas. I think I told the players, "The Monster is Zero. And Zero-one. And Zero-two."

W8taminute

Ah I see.  Yes but monster zero-one is Godzilla and monster zero-two is Rodan.  [Invasion of the Astro Monster 1965?]
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

JasonPratt

True; like I said, I had to come up with something that didn't really fit.

Grim.Reaper

Release date is January 17th

solops

Sigh....
Another probable autobuy.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaTank

Played the heck out of 4 and 5, but just can't get excited by 6. Will have to be some very different options / gameplay to change my mind.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

W8taminute

Very informative video.  Thank you Tanaka.