The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

SH Complete also includes SH2, but no one cares about that I think.  :buck2:

Ubisoft has a pretty wide swath of games up on sale this week -- not everything in their catalog by far, but a good representation (including the SH series).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

GG's also got Call of Juarez: Gunslinger on sale.  I'm not a fan of westerns but I loved this game.  Fun shooter with some great voice acting, some cool game concepts, and collectible history cards. 

Shelldrake

Crusader No Remorse is currently free at Origin as an "On the House" game.

https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/free-games/on-the-house
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Greybriar

GamersGate is having a Veterans Day Sale November 11-13. Lots of Tom Clancy, Europa Universalis, and many other games along with older titles like Commandos ($1.00) are on sale.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Greybriar on November 11, 2014, 03:09:10 PM
GamersGate is having a Veterans Day Sale November 11-13. Lots of Tom Clancy, Europa Universalis, and many other games along with older titles like Commandos ($1.00) are on sale.

Whoa...nice one, Greybriar! Thanks!

Found a Silent Hunter 4-pack for $2.50: http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-SHC/silent-hunter-complete-bundle
...has Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific, Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions, Silent Hunter V Battle of the Atlantic, and Silent Hunter III.

...which is kind of weird because they're selling each of those for $2.49 each... ???

Huw the Poo

Wow, the latest Humble Bundle is pretty good!

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
Always Sometimes Monsters
Insurgency (4 copies)
Full Mojo Rampage (if you share Insurgency)
Grid 2
Blackguards
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Saints Row 4 (if you pay more than $12

I'd be all over that if I didn't already have the games I wanted from it. :)

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 06, 2014, 06:54:37 PM
Guys, guys! Did you know that "Task Force 1942", is "the first in a new series of spectacular World War II Pacific War simulations from MicroProse"??!?!11?

Also, available on Steam now for $7 (or $5.24 initially).

I was pretty excited about this until I read the Steam Reviews.  Sounds like the ship recognition DRM is still in place, and it does not look like they distributed the manual.  So basically unplayable if true.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Staggerwing

No problem. If there is no manual included I can always scan it for you. I have the original game on floppies.

Note, to avoid any legal issues that offer is open only to folks who buy the game.  C:-)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Just Cause 2 80% off at Steam midweek.

Also Enslaved: Odyssey to the West at 75%.

Between the two I'd recommend JC2, but both are good if very different 3PS choices.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Shadow of Mordor at 25% off today at Steam.

I would bite but my birthday is coming up very soon and I don't want to mess up any incoming presents.

BanzaiCat

Wow, I was just perusing Steam and ran across this little gem: the Cinemaware Anthology, 1986-1991. It has the following titles, for only $8.49:

Defender of the Crown
SDI
The King of Chicago
Sindbad and the Throne of the Falcon
Lords of the Rising Sun
Rocket Ranger
It Came From the Desert
It Came From the Desert II: Antheads
Wings!
TV Sports: Football
TV Sports: Basketball
TV Sports: Baseball
TV Sports: Boxing

Ends November 21st.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 14, 2014, 01:58:50 PM
Wow, I was just perusing Steam and ran across this little gem: the Cinemaware Anthology, 1986-1991. It has the following titles, for only $8.49:

Defender of the Crown
SDI
The King of Chicago
Sindbad and the Throne of the Falcon
Lords of the Rising Sun
Rocket Ranger
It Came From the Desert
It Came From the Desert II: Antheads
Wings!
TV Sports: Football
TV Sports: Basketball
TV Sports: Baseball
TV Sports: Boxing

Ends November 21st.

I vaguely remember the old Defender of the Crown.   Being damned frustrating.

And perhaps the Sindbad game.  IIRC, my sister was completely addicted to it when we were young.   Hrmm..

Gusington

I loved Defender of the Crown...I still have the theme music in my head.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Whoa, talk about a blast from the past.  I loved Defender of the Crown on my Apple IIGS. Such a fun game. Although the dueling was as I recall really hard.  Sieges also got monotonous as you memorized how many 'clicks' of the catapult to listen for in order to hit certain sections of the castle.  Loved sending plague and 'greek fire' over the walls. no option to catapult cows, however.

Still, what a gem of a game, back in the day --

Gusington

Yeah man! I think I even won the game a few times :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd