The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Very, very generous of you, JH! Thanks much!

Jarhead0331

No problem, man. Its my pleasure. For some reason I always end up giving away HOTAS systems. I gave away my old X52 to someone around here too. Don't remember who the lucky recipient was. lol.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2017, 03:51:41 PM
Quote from: BC on June 19, 2017, 03:17:44 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2017, 02:33:10 PM
Quote from: bob48 on June 19, 2017, 02:12:55 PM
And they are not cheap. I just hope my old X-45 keeps going, although there is no support for it any more. I've found that it no longer retains setting in Elite, although it seems OK with FSX.

I have a T.Flight HOTAS system that is practically brand new that I'd be willing to give you, but with shipping, not sure its worth it. Maybe BC is interested?

Wow, really?!? Sure, I'd love to have it, JH!

OK...I'll PM you.
O0  O0  :notworthy:  O0  O0
Alba gu' brath

Philippe

If anyone has missed this gem, Age of Decadence is currently on sale for $7.50 at Gamersgate (or 7500 Blue Coins, if you still have them).  And rather than having to sweat through a glacially slow Gamersgate download, they're selling it as a Steam key.  The sale will continue for the better part of three weeks.

Gamersgate is also selling Dungeon Rats, a dungeon crawler set in the Age of Decadence universe for $6.74.  Fun little game focused on combat by a group of characters that you control.  Not as deep as Age of Decadence because all you can really do is fight, it dovetails nicely and will improve your tactics in both games. A story about a group of condemned prisoners hacking their way out of penal colony similar to one that was described in Age of Decadence.

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Gusington

I played Age of Decadence when it was in beta. It's improved in the last couple of years?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Philippe

Even though they officially came out with the last content update a few months ago, they are continuing to update with patches.  There's a mindnumbing amount of text behind the game, and that translates into a mindnumbing quantity of possible errors.  They've squashed almost all of them, and the game is very clean.  There are still a few rough edges that normal people wouldn't notice (I'm not normal), but the game is a labor of love and the developers seem to be willing to keep chipping away at it.

So the short answer is, yes, it's improved a lot since beta.

The game isn't for everyone.  There's a full-featured demo on the Steam website so you can play the first chapter and see if you like/love/hate/despise what goes on when you play the game. If you insist on pretty graphics and hate reading a lot of text, the game won't be your cup of tea.  Demo saves can be uploaded to the full game if you end up buying it, and the only way to know if the game is sitting in your comfort zone is to play it.  I originally thought I would hate the game because I'm an uptight purist, but after a couple of hours I found myself falling in love.

The visual portrayal of women in the game, however, is not loin-moistening.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Gusington

Thanks Philippe...now I have this game on my mind.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

That game permanently damaged me...everything is frightening now. And I only finished half of it :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Just the picture scares the hell out of me. Reminds me of an old 3rd grade teacher I once had. She had the same mouth.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Alien: Isolation's Aliens don't bother me as much, for some strange reason, as those damnable androids.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on June 20, 2017, 06:06:01 PM
That game permanently damaged me...everything is frightening now. And I only finished half of it :/

You got farther than I did -- I never even saw the Alien! (I quit around the point that the game forces to you FOLLOW THE DANG ALIEN THROUGH THE AIR VENTS. Uh. No. I am quite sure this clearly-established 'mechanic' character would have been able to find another way to proceed.)

However, in my experience there is one great antidote to A:I. (...wait, let me admire that the game with the amazing Xeno AI has the initials AI...)

the Batman: Arkham games. Because you essentially become the Alien, as far as the mooks are concerned anyway. Arguably the best part of all 4 games (not counting Blackgate which is a different kind of game and, perhaps not-incidentally, doesn't or perhaps can't provide much of this side of things), is watching and listening to the thugs slowly or quickly freak out.

"All right, you pointy-ear freak, you just stand there like she said."

"...oh, man this isn't gonna end well."

"What? Why?"

"Uh, maybe you didn't notice, but she left us! Alone! With! the Bat Man!"

:smitten:  <:-)

To be fair, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor sometimes approaches the same beats, entirely by design. (There's even a tacit Batman joke in it, when the Orcs think the ghost-ranger might be this weird bat-creature in a cave they heard about some of them disturbing once.) But also by its design it can't really replicate the experience of being an actually-quite-fragile nimble-strong fear-thing, lurking in the shadows above, in the vents beneath, waiting to strike, capable of manhandling a whole mob at once but smashing down or from below or from behind on this or that lone guy. Who, in the game, very, very much deserves getting a taste of the fear he insists on foisting unjustly on other people.

...also, you bought the series recently on sale.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

The Bat-Image above should be your avatar.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2017, 01:34:15 PM
Quote from: Tuna on June 19, 2017, 01:13:44 PM

I was looking at that when I was shopping for pedals. Ended up buying the CH pedals, which I really like. But I may still pick up that stick/throttle combo.

I also have the CH Pedals...I'm using them on my main rig with the X55. The T.Flight pedals feel better on my size 14 feet.

The CH pedals also feel too small for my pavement pounders.  End up accidentally pushing in the toe brakes a lot, when trying to use the rudders, due to too extra weight on the tops.

I ended up taping a block of foam core into the bottom half, inside the heel cups, to even them out with the rest of the pedals.  Then I slid a sock over each one to keep everything tight & in place.

It's under the back of the desk, so I'm not worried about my rudder pedals looking like they're wearing socks.  ;D  Plus it's much more comfortable to fly while being bare-footed.  Filthy hippy fighter pilot style.  :))