The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tuna on December 20, 2018, 03:48:47 PM
Steam is crawling of course!

It works better on the website than via the client.

CJReich46

I see..we're discussing the Steam Sale aren't we?  ;D

Dammit. I have to finish the list first.

But I can wait...oh yes I can wait. ^-^
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Sir Slash

I have left instruction that my wallet, credit cards, cash, and even my Library Card be kept in a secure location where I cannot get to them until this sale is over. No matter how good it gets. I-WILL-NOT-YIELD!  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 20, 2018, 07:34:14 PM
I have left instruction that my wallet, credit cards, cash, and even my Library Card be kept in a secure location where I cannot get to them until this sale is over. No matter how good it gets. I-WILL-NOT-YIELD!  :coolsmiley:

:2funny:

airboy

I'm thinking of getting the new Pillars of Eternity and perhaps one more thing.

W8taminute

I haven't seen anything so far like the deep discounts I was expecting.  I might pass on this sale although Valkyria Chronicles 2 is half off.  Hmmm.....
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

I enjoyed Valk1 -- enough to go back through 2/3 of the game with a walkthrough when I hit a wall I couldn't beat. I even rebought it steeply on sale from Steam (I played it originally on PS3).

But I'm in no particular hurry to play Valk 4, even if it isn't a debacle like the handheld entries for Valk2 and Valk3.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Just bought and installed Scythe: Digital Edition...9.99.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

For sale hunters, just learned about this deals site....really like how it categorizes things and makes it a bit easier to find....especially the historical low section as I like to look for things when they get the lowest possible:)

https://gg.deals/

airboy

My damage was a little less than $50 before tax.

Valkyria Chronicles
The Curious Expedition
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

The first two were inexpensive.  Deadfire was 34% off which seems to be their "sale price point" until at least summer.  I probably want to start playing it before then so I pulled the trigger.  Sir Slash has already purchased and maybe finished the game?

airboy

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 21, 2018, 09:03:27 AM
For sale hunters, just learned about this deals site....really like how it categorizes things and makes it a bit easier to find....especially the historical low section as I like to look for things when they get the lowest possible:)

This is a useful site - Thanks!

steve58

Quote from: airboy on December 21, 2018, 10:19:34 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 21, 2018, 09:03:27 AM

This is a useful site - Thanks!

Agreed.  Thanks!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Pete Dero

This is the one I use : https://isthereanydeal.com/

It has a lot of filters you can use (e.g. minimum reduction 60% and a metacritic or steam user score higher than 80%)

You could save something like this as a shortcut so you don't have to set the filters on every visit : https://isthereanydeal.com/?by=time:desc#/filter:&cut/60/100,&metacritic/80/100

Sir Slash

I have not finished Pillars 2, barely gotten into it really. It's a great game, especially if you liked the first one, which I did, but somehow it's not grabbed me the way the first one did. Lots of changes... some good, some not so good. I need to get back to it though.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

I've only spent a tenner so far, and got four games for it!