What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I played a few rounds of Tanks this evening.  First game I played as the Soviets against the Germans and got ripped up pretty comprehensively by a Panther.

In the second game, I played the Brits against the Germans in the hedgerows.  Much better game this time around.  I was able to knock out the Panther quite early but I lost a Cromwell in doing so.  I had some bad luck and drew two ammo explosion crits and so lost my Sherman V and my Firefly but I still managed to pull out a win with my single remaining tank polishing off the German PzKw IVs and the Puma.  Fun game!

Barthheart

Silent Disapproval Robot

I bought that one online before I learned that you could get the templates from the Tanks website and print out your own along with terrain specific rules and scenarios,

http://tanks.gf9games.com/Garage/tabid/119/entryid/127/Default.aspx

Barthheart

ComradeP

That second picture is a bit confusing SDR. The Panther mini was replaced by an Achilles/Wolverine?
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Silent Disapproval Robot

We flipped the turrets to mark dead tanks.

BanzaiCat

I played a lot of the Ghostbusters Board Game over the last few days, not able to get much work done. Fun but simplistic little game where you control the real Ghostbusters (e.g. circa 1984), with more of a "Real Ghostbusters" (cartoon from the 90s) vibe to their caricature portraits. Can't imagine the licensing fees to use their real countenances. The minis are pretty awesome, especially the Sta-Puft figure and the Ecto-1 mini.

Really wanted to try to get into AvP: The Hunt Begins 2nd Edition, but holy shit is that manual dense as hell. Tiny little print in a way-too-thick book. Not very approachable nor easily acclimated in a few hours' time like Ghostbusters was. I'll devote the time to it sooner or later, but damn it's going to be some effort to get through that manual.

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

Not on my table yet, but on order - 'Tunisia II' from MMP.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

trailrunner

ASL scenario S 46, Where the Winter Lingers

This scenario came from the Starter Kit Expansion pack 1.  There are no vehicles and guns, just infantry and machine guns, so it is simple and plays quickly.  The special thing about this scenario is the snow on the ground, which slows movement and makes it unpredictable, and falling slow, which adds a hindrance modifier, making combat a little less effective.

Early in the game, I thought the Russians would win easily, but the snow will slow their progress and damp their firepower superiority, so I'm not sure any more.

smittyohio

Just finished up The Air War Begins campaign for DVGs B-17 Flying Fortress Leader.   Very fun game, with the only real downside so far of having a pretty lengthy stay on the table unless you don't mind setting it up and tearing it down often.  Luckily I recently got a table dedicated to gaming in my man cave, so other that than hogging the table it wasn't that bad.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus