What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: W8taminute on January 25, 2018, 08:02:00 AM
Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Map overview

Player aid card

About halfway through season 6!  O0  How do you like the board game?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on January 25, 2018, 06:59:04 AMNot sure about performance issues.

leave it to Mirth to worry about 'performance issues'

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

W8taminute

Quote from: Barthheart on January 25, 2018, 08:27:10 AM
Not a fan of Game of Thrones but that still looks pretty cool.

Yeah and it's actually not that bad gameplay wise. 

Quote from: bbmike on January 25, 2018, 08:32:55 AM
About halfway through season 6!  O0  How do you like the board game?

Season 6 is awesome.  I finished binge watching the entire series a few months ago.  Can't wait for Season 8!

The board game is actually pretty fun to play solo.  It's not overly complex but it's definitely not simple either.  The hard part playing solo is that you know what orders everyone will secretly play because you have to do the preplanning for every house yourself.  I imagine that with human opponents this game could be a good gateway game for friends who are not sure about board gaming. 

But as far as solo play is concerned, I'm having fun.  Really easy to get into and keep a rhythm going.  I find that when I play wargames I can only take so much before my brain gets fried.  (Yeah I'm getting old).
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bbmike

^Yeah, I'm close to wrapping up binge watching it. Great stuff!
Good to know solo play is fun. That's probably the only way I would play it.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on January 25, 2018, 08:25:50 AM
If told not to do it I'll stop but I've not read anything on the site that suggests it's a bad thing.

We're gonna overload the budget server GH is hosted on...LOL. ;)

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on January 25, 2018, 08:25:50 AM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 25, 2018, 07:02:49 AM
Usually I upload them as is/large-sized, then change their size in the tag in the post if necessary.

I do the same with my pics, usually fairly large upload and resize in the tag.

I didn't come up with this either. I noticed that Airboy was using this technique in his AARs. http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18129.0

If told not to do it I'll stop but I've not read anything on the site that suggests it's a bad thing.

It's a nice service for sure. I lost several of my AARs first with DropBox personal changing its Public folder policies, then Photobucket going all anal with their policies. So very happy to continue attach screenshots here, until told not to, of course.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

Quote from: Barthheart on January 24, 2018, 11:38:41 AM
Just attach them directly to your posts with the +Attachments and other options thingy at the bottom...

|
|
\/

I must be a Luddite 'cause I can't get the bl**dy thing to work  :pullhair:
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on January 26, 2018, 05:31:35 PM
Just arrived today.  :)

I read GMT's notes on their next Expansion reprint for it.

Apparently they had included a set of thicker counter replacements for the earlier print runs of the core game.  Since the expansion has counters of different thickness.  But they're not including those replacements in the new Expansion print run. 

Having an earlier print run of the core game, if I were to pick up the new run Expansion, my counters would be different thicknesses.   :pullhair:  Doesn't entice me to pick up the xpac. 

bob48

In The Trenches;Dough Boys.

OK, so how do I change the image size, please?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Crossroads

Quote from: bob48 on January 27, 2018, 06:28:32 AM

I believe there's no other way but resizing the image (or a copy of it) before attaching it here.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on January 27, 2018, 06:28:32 AM

Ok so now that the photo is attached, view your post like anyone else would and click on the photo. It will appear huge! Right click on the huge photo and copy.  Now edit yer post and put in the regular image link stuff and save yer post. That should work.... although my Win10 no longer copies picture links by using the copy function for some reason so I have to open the page with IE11...

mirth

This is the large image with a width of 900px applied to it. The forum code looks like this:

{img width=900]http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13.0;attach=12391;image[/img}

Just replace the { } with [ ] and it will be renedered as an image instead of as code.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

You can't resize the attachment in the post window but you can do as Barth suggested and copy actual the url of your attachment and then past it into the body of your post as a link using the img/img tags. If it show up YUGE in preview then you can edit the leading image tag itself from [img] to [img width=xxx] where xxx is the pixel size across. 400 to 800 is a good place to start, then adjust as needed.

EDIT: as Mirth just did...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on January 26, 2018, 09:07:11 PM

I read GMT's notes on their next Expansion reprint for it.

Apparently they had included a set of thicker counter replacements for the earlier print runs of the core game.  Since the expansion has counters of different thickness.  But they're not including those replacements in the new Expansion print run. 

Having an earlier print run of the core game, if I were to pick up the new run Expansion, my counters would be different thicknesses.   :pullhair:  Doesn't entice me to pick up the xpac.

Good to know. I think there was a Grogcast that discussed this very thing- was it good or bad that reprints/add-ons/expansions improved component quality but were different from the original ones.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak