The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitris

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

panzerde

Chelco has a nice post up about Command with some great screenshots.  I really can't wait to get my hands on this!

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com/2013/09/command-modern-air-naval-operations.html
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on September 23, 2013, 11:34:05 AM
I'm wondering how it will be priced...

Should be interesting....my guess is $79.99.....but who knows.

panzerde

That's gonna sting a bit if so.  I broke down and bought War in the East last night along with one of the expansions.  I was going to get BOR, but oh no, I just had to finally pull the trigger on WitE...

Too bad Matrix doesn't do Blue Coins!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: panzerde on September 23, 2013, 05:57:45 PM
That's gonna sting a bit if so.  I broke down and bought War in the East last night along with one of the expansions.  I was going to get BOR, but oh no, I just had to finally pull the trigger on WitE...

Its going to be one of their premium games so hard to imagine it will be cheaper, but I hope I am wrong...we will know tomorrow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 23, 2013, 06:02:32 PM

Its going to be one of their premium games so hard to imagine it will be cheaper, but I hope I am wrong...we will know tomorrow.

Seriously?  Eighty freakin' dollars?!

If that ends up being the case, my last vestiges of Matrix fanboyishness will have been drowned.  :-\   Haven't bought any of their titles at such high prices before, and don't plan on starting.  I kinda expected the dev team to prefer a more sensible price, but if they go with the Matrix default of eighty bucks... mer.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on September 23, 2013, 06:59:03 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 23, 2013, 06:02:32 PM

Seriously?  Eighty freakin' dollars?!

If that ends up being the case, my last vestiges of Matrix fanboyishness will have been drowned.  :-\

To be clear, I have no real idea...this is just my guess....with their other big releases being in that range, just figure it won't be any cheaper.....

Nefaro

Let's hope it's not.  I doubt I'd be the only one to bring up the old hobgoblin of eighty dollar Matrix pricing. 

I expected more like forty or maybe fifty.

steve58

I'd be surprised/shocked if its $79.99.  I'm betting/hoping it'll be in the $50 range....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on September 23, 2013, 07:08:36 PM
I'd be surprised/shocked if its $79.99.  I'm betting/hoping it'll be in the $50 range....

I don't know....I kind of consider this the type of game like Command Ops, WITE, and War in the Pacific which I believe all were originally around $80.  Don't get me wrong, hope your right, but I am thinking more than that personally.

CptHowdy

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 23, 2013, 07:15:36 PM

I don't know....I kind of consider this the type of game like Command Ops, WITE, and War in the Pacific which I believe all were originally around $80.  Don't get me wrong, hope your right, but I am thinking more than that personally.

considering that most of the content will be user generated scenarios I would hope for a lower price point

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: CptHowdy on September 23, 2013, 07:41:29 PM

considering that most of the content will be user generated scenarios I would hope for a lower price point

That's a good point too:)  By this time tomorrow, we will know for sure.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: CptHowdy on September 23, 2013, 07:41:29 PM

As of the current build, there are 35 scenarios ranging in scale, scope and complexity, with an additional 3 tutorial scenarios covering air ops, surface warfare and submarine basics...what more could you possibly expect?  You make it sound like the limitless sandbox with the gaming world's most thorough OOB is just an added bonus.  ???
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Yeah, I agree with Jarhead. By all accounts, it is an extremely complex and detailed game. It has loads of scenarios and a huge database of units. This seems far more like WitE or WitP than any other game. My bet is $79
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson