The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Nefaro

Le Sigh

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/483/Command:.Modern.Air.Naval.Operations

I had swore off on $80  Matrix games. 

I'm sorry, but I'm holding out on principal.  Was looking forward to this and feel rather disappointed with this Matrix pricing policy. 

Have fun guys.  :-\

Barthheart

Yep $88 CDN up here, too rich for me right now. Maybe later when I have more time.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :P

jomni

As expected.
I spent too much on flight simming (bought new hardware) and plan on playing more ARMA 3.  Both of these games take up most of my time.
I doubt Command will be able to capture my attention against these.

jomni

Quote from: Barthheart on September 24, 2013, 08:51:18 AM
Yep $88 CDN up here, too rich for me right now. Maybe later when I have more time.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :P

100+ SGD!!!

JudgeDredd

Yeah - sorry Dimitris. $50 +£10 VAT (British tax) is too steep.

Good luck though.
Alba gu' brath

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on September 24, 2013, 08:57:05 AM
As expected.
I spent too much on flight simming (bought new hardware) and plan on playing more ARMA 3.  Both of these games take up most of my time.

Well, I played the beta and it was a fine game.  However, I've lost interest in the Cold War lately.  I'm working naval warfare in the 18th century, which at least really happened in a massive way and is moderately well documented.  In fact, I have a modified Flying Colors running a 7-ship battle right now with messier rigging rules and simplfied gunnery all subject to crew-quality checks for the perks of changing sails and firing an extra broadside and avoiding collisions.

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on September 24, 2013, 09:04:05 AM
As expected.

Well, I played the beta and it was a fine game.  However, I've lost interest in the Cold War lately.  I'm working naval warfare in the 18th century, which at least really happened in a massive way and is moderately well documented.  In fact, I have a modified Flying Colors running a 7-ship battle right now with messier rigging rules and simplfied gunnery all subject to crew-quality checks for the perks of changing sails and firing an extra broadside and avoiding collisions.

I've been eyeing picking up Distant Guns 1.5 lately since it's going for $35 at the moment.  And the original DRM was booted for something more reasonable, in a Steam-like setup.  I believe all the Jutland stuff is also on sale.   

Not really been in a naval warfare mood lately so no biggie.

Yskonyn

I would be willing to spend $80 bucks when we either get a firm discount on the version which has multiplayer down the line, or multiplayer turns out to be a patch for the current version.
Singleplayer only will not be going down at 80 bucks for me, I am afraid. Especially not when the crew is hinting at a seperate game which has multiplayer rather than an upgrade.
It's a fine game, Dimitris and crew, but I am not willing to pay the admission at this point in time, sorry.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Lol.  Just realized we always complain about price like we are going to die if we spend a bomb on a game. :-[
To compliment the developers.  It does look nice and solid.  :P
Professional military simulation quality like Steel Beasts Pro, or VBS.  Not an armchair general's wargame or a boardgame.

Dimitris

No hard feelings guys, and thanks to everyone for the kind words. As I've said we're going to be around for the long run.

For us today is the beginning, not the end.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Kushan

Hope the release goes well Dimitris. Looking forward to playing the full game.

Not to get too off topic, but I still wish Matrix would break off the Crown of Glory: EE naval combat into its own game.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on September 24, 2013, 09:12:14 AM
As expected.

I've been eyeing picking up Distant Guns 1.5 lately since it's going for $35 at the moment.  And the original DRM was booted for something more reasonable, in a Steam-like setup.  I believe all the Jutland stuff is also on sale.   

Not really been in a naval warfare mood lately so no biggie.

I would skip all that Jutland and Distant guns stuff.  There's just not really enough there to satisfy a naval enthusiaast.  If I want a decent naval war I just play board games.  For me the graphics are soothing, the ebay bidding is interesting, and the interface is the floor.  Yes, one has to crawl to play naval board games I think.

Which reminds me (and I've mentioned this before -- I realize), I was playing Settlers of Catan with a bunch of people and my wife mentioned (when i was thought to be out of earshot) that i probably didn't take Settlers all that seriously since I played lots of board games solitaire.  I returned in time to exclaim that I took the game seriously -- but was asked whether in playing solitaire I switched sides of the table and I replied that no, I just rolled around on the floor.

MikeGER

Downloading  8)
... i skipped Rome 2  (which will be on a sale soon, and the tactical AI may get patched to decent) while CMANO will not be on sale for a year or longer  ...and the AI is already there ! (or i hope so ;-) ) 

mikeck

I will pick it up. I think it's worth it but I certainly understand why others wouldn't.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson