The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptHowdy

using build 434, playing third tutorial warship operations. just finished area A and ship took some damage but both air facilities are operational. on the way to area B one of my seahawks repeatedly tried to land since it was low on fuel. it could not do so and eventually crashed. message says aircraft cannot be hosted by its current assigned base(USS Stockdale) Reason: the aircraft cannot be hosted by any air facility here.

I still have one helicopter available so just wondering why this one couldn't land and refuel but the other was able to? thanks.

Dimitris

Hello,

Can you please post a save of the situation before the helicopter crashed? It would help us a lot in figuring out if there is a problem.

Thanks!
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

CptHowdy

Quote from: Dimitris on September 30, 2013, 02:18:20 PM
Hello,

Can you please post a save of the situation before the helicopter crashed? It would help us a lot in figuring out if there is a problem.

Thanks!

have one autosave but when I load it just takes me back to beginning of scenario so don't think that will help! will try playing out again and save before heading to area B. thanks.

ran it a few more times and could not duplicate. I noticed a P3 orion flying around my ship, it was green. was this my unit or the enemies?? I just ignored it.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 30, 2013, 04:56:05 AM

If this situation would have arisen before I bought the game over the weekend, I wouldn't have bought it.  Not because of the review itself, but because of how the situation was handled. In fact, I had my finger over the purchase button for Civil War 2 all weekend and I am glad I did not buy it right now.  If this is going to be the common practice of the publisher, I will need to re-evaluate if its an organization I wish to continue supporting with my money, which everyone knows I am an impulse purchaser.

I actually purchased Civil War 2 on Friday, after I noticed AGEOD had put up their first public Beta Update.  Despite the retina-burning interface background, I've been quite happy with it thus far.  And it was only $40.  Don't let your recent experience with a different Matrix 'Premium' title dissuade you from purchasing a soundly-priced one from the AGEOD guys.  I recommend it, from the couple hours I've put into it so far (with the update).

I'm with you and JD and the whole stink, of late.  Kinda glad I missed this drama over the weekend.  I'm not all that happy with the condition of Command's release state, for it's $80 price tag.  I didn't get to see Herman's review before it was yanked, but if JD and Grim think it had many valid points, then I would likely agree because we've been pointing out similar shortcomings between ourselves.  I hope Herman redoes it and posts it to YouTube of his own accord, because I'd like to make my own call.

I hope the developers can get Command to where it needs to be, notably with regards to issues I see with the UI and the assistant AI.  I didn't intend to spend eighty dollars in order to be a tester and recommend functionality that was available in the much older titles that inspired it.

In the meantime, I'll take a break and play some Civil War 2

mikeck

nefaro,  I don't know if you were aware or not but on the matrix forum for Civil War two in the mods and  scenario section,  there is a mod that removes the shiny steel looking display replaces them with period Looking paper
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on September 30, 2013, 05:07:47 PM
nefaro,  I don't know if you were aware or not but on the matrix forum for Civil War two in the mods and  scenario section,  there is a mod that removes the shiny steel looking display replaces them with period Looking paper

Yeah, I saw those the other night.  I believe some of them are still being improved but I'll probably drop one in soon.

emsoy

Quote from: Bismarck on September 30, 2013, 10:28:41 AM
Great. Thanks.

Hi Jim,

Have sent you a link to the updated scenario set & databases via mail.

Thanks!  ;D
Database guru, sensor model developer, system tester and senior scenario designer in the "Command : Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

panzerde

Quote from: spelk on September 30, 2013, 07:47:27 AM
Anyway, back to the fun of the actual game...

What was the first real scenario played and why?

I'm trying to decide where to take the plunge, because I like to invest some time - getting to know the era and equipment available, and I'm not really sure where to begin. Obviously the Falklands scenarios are looking enticing, but I want to savour them and take my time, when I've got a full command over all aspects of controlling the game/units.

I tried the "First Contact 2016" scenario first because it was small and modern.  After a couple of runs at it I was able to consistently score a minor victory, but all-in-all it felt too fast paced for much strategy beyond spray and pray.  I'm going to give "Raid on Kismayo" a run next.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mikeck

Brass Drum is a good one. 2017 and you control the US. You are fighting your way through the straights of Hormuz. You have weapons free clearance from the start to attack Iranian targets. You get two carriers, three or four surface combatants and a sub (as well as a few land based refuelers). Get to start off attacking airbases and such with tomahawks or whatever. It's not huge but it's a long scenario (48 hours I think) biggest problem is not burning up all of your stores.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Ok, I'm no naval warfare expert...but I just had 4 tomahawks knocked out by 8 Iranian Phoenix missiles. Now, assuming that 35 year old missiles still work off of 40 year old aircraft, seems a bit odd an aam Gould knock down my cruise missiles flying 18 meters above the ocean...no? Had this happen before with SAMs knocking them down. I mean , they are 18 meters off the ground!

Baloogan

Hi all!

I just noticed this thread!

Just want to plug my website and youtube channel.  ;D Hope you don't mind.

I've done 2 mammoth streams last weekend and I'm planning an additional event on this upcoming Saturday.

http://baloogancampaign.com/ This site is where I'm going to announce all live web streams as well as recap previous streams' content.

http://www.youtube.com/baloogan My YouTube channel.

Hope you are all enjoying Command as much as I am.

mirth

Quote from: mikeck on September 30, 2013, 08:35:19 PM
Ok, I'm no naval warfare expert...but I just had 4 tomahawks knocked out by 8 Iranian Phoenix missiles. Now, assuming that 35 year old missiles still work off of 40 year old aircraft, seems a bit odd an aam Gould knock down my cruise missiles flying 18 meters above the ocean...no? Had this happen before with SAMs knocking them down. I mean , they are 18 meters off the ground!

Is that the 2017 scenario? Do the Iranians have any Phoenixes left at all these days?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jomni

Quote from: mirth on September 30, 2013, 08:40:35 PM

Is that the 2017 scenario? Do the Iranians have any Phoenixes left at all these days?

Well it wouldn't be fun if they are easily defeated.

mirth

Quote from: jomni on September 30, 2013, 08:43:18 PM
Quote from: mirth on September 30, 2013, 08:40:35 PM

Well it wouldn't be fun if they are easily defeated.

Well heck, give em X-wings then :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jomni

Well that's too much Sci-fi.   Since the US Navy retired their F-14 they sold all their Phoenix stockpiles to Iran.  A plausible story don't you think?  :-[