The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Quote from: jomni on November 06, 2013, 06:32:54 PM
Quote from: steve58 on November 06, 2013, 06:28:19 PM
jomni -- yes, speech is working on my PC.  Didn't really have to configure anything.  Just followed the instructions from his post

You do seem (at least until his next update) have to enter the side you are playing in each scenario....and enter it exactly as shown in the Command scenario (e.g., US Navy, United nations, Soviet Union, etc), case sensitive.

p.s  I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1.

I did the same thing but nothing happened. :/

Step 3 almost caught me a bit since the buttons are so so similar. Did you click both buttons?

3) First Time only Click Default Speech Grid, then click Default Sound Grid, then Click Save Settings.

Are your sound drivers up-to-date, etc??
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

jomni

steve58

Seahag is separate from Command. You must download the separate Seahag/sound program/mod. Run it according to the instructions in Sluggy's Matrix thread (Seahag is the attachment at the bottom of post #1 in sluggy's Matrix post), then fire up Command.

When you fire up Seahag for the first time, a window should pop up.  You should see a Default Speech Grid and Default Sound Grid button.. Click both of those and then click Save Settings...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

jomni

I must have missed that. Any way to get those buttons to pop up again?

steve58

You should be able to just re-run SeaHag.exe.  Here is a picture of Seahag when I run it:

Click on 1 and 2, 3 enter the side you'll be playing in your current scenario (cap sensitive), then click on 4 Save settings.  Hope this helps...

mikeck

Seems like a lot of work for some background noise no?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

steve58

Jomni -- does that mean you got it to work??

@Mikeck -- the dev is still working on the mod and the next version should be even easier to use.  From what I can gather, it'll just be a matter of running Seahag before firing up Command.  No buttons to push, no side info will need to be entered...

mikeck

Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming the sea hag developer. I just don't understand why the developers of command don't have background ambient noise playing in the same way that many games have music that plays in the background for birds chirping or something like that.  just kind of a glaring omission in an otherwise awesome game
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

^ Just one of the many annoying missing features.

Don't get me wrong - there's a lot in here =- but there's also a fair bit missing for a Premium Release.  >:(
Alba gu' brath

Rekim

I don't get the complaints about missing background music. I almost always have some Internet radio stream going while I play. Even if there was some canned music on the install CD, I fail to see how that would improve my enjoyment.

I find Chill-out music works perfectly with Command: http://www.shoutcast.com/radio/Chillout

I would enjoy the addition of more sounds for in game events though. In a perfect world they would be highly configurable like the system sounds are in the Windows OS.

JudgeDredd

I wouldn't have music on...but I would like some sound feedback from the game when things happen...harriers taking off, radar being switched on, missiles/torpedoes being launched.
Alba gu' brath

Bismarck

I agree with Rekim. Please start a separate topic about the sound, leaving this one for game play, etc.
Jim Cobb

JudgeDredd

Bismarck - it's a bit late in the day to suggest this is a "game play" only thread. The title is nothing to do with gameplay, but about the game in general and there are a whole host of topics in this thread.

In short - the thread is about the game in general, about it gameplay, it's missing features, it's superb features and every other thing to do with the game.
Alba gu' brath

Bismarck

Jim Cobb