The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitris

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Baloogan

ABM Lasers also! Nuke bombs! Nuke torps! Nuke depth charges! Nuke cruise missiles! Nukes, from Little Boy and Fat Man all the way to sats to detect ICBMs in their launch phase!

Soviets really liked nuke tipped anti ship missiles : )

Kushan

Quote from: Baloogan on January 17, 2014, 02:41:44 PM
ABM Lasers also! Nuke bombs! Nuke torps! Nuke depth charges! Nuke cruise missiles! Nukes, from Little Boy and Fat Man all the way to sats to detect ICBMs in their launch phase!

Soviets really liked nuke tipped anti ship missiles : )

You forgot nuclear tipped air-to-air missiles!
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Baloogan

Ahaha! I wonder how in the world I forgot those... :)

Jarhead0331

you've got to love the Cold War. Those crazy bastards put nukes on everything. Mortars, bazookas, briefcases, WTF!?!?!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2014, 03:49:07 PM
you've got to love the Cold War. Those crazy bastards put nukes on everything. Mortars, bazookas, briefcases, WTF!?!?!

Mortars and bazookas? What was the thinking there? Did either side get tac-nukes down to a blast radius that would be inside a mortar or bazooka firing range, or are these fairly strange suicide devices?
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: skeptical.platypus on January 17, 2014, 04:50:45 PM

Mortars and bazookas? What was the thinking there? Did either side get tac-nukes down to a blast radius that would be inside a mortar or bazooka firing range, or are these fairly strange suicide devices?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_%28nuclear_device%29
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2014, 05:00:13 PM
Quote from: skeptical.platypus on January 17, 2014, 04:50:45 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_%28nuclear_device%29

Wow, I had no idea we got blast radii down to 500 feet.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

mikeck

I would love to get into a limited nuclear exchange and then fight some conventional battles with what's left
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Baloogan

Quote from: mikeck on January 18, 2014, 02:29:37 PM
I would love to get into a limited nuclear exchange and then fight some conventional battles with what's left

1950s kit is great for that : ) I've been working on a 1950s alternate history where huge nuclear naval confrontations between the USSR and Allied forces occur.

mikeck

I  am reading a book called "arc light" about a limited nuclear exchange between the US and Russia in 1993. A conventional war follows. Would love some modern scenarios where I have to send B1-b strikes against soviet airbases or carrier borne nuclear strikes against Russian naval bases...plus a few ICBM strikes against Russian bases
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Dimitris

Make them  :D . The tools are all right there!
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

mikeck

Yeah, I tried before...didn't come out well trying to get the enemy script down. I'm not good at that stuff. That's why I buy games with scenarios!

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: skeptical.platypus on January 17, 2014, 05:33:04 PM

Wow, I had no idea we got blast radii down to 500 feet.

lethal rad dosage at 500 feet.  the blast radius was a bit bigger.  ;)
Quoteinstantly lethal radiation dosage (in excess of 10,000 rem) within 500 feet (150 m), and a probably fatal dose (around 600 rem) within a quarter mile (400 m)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.