The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitris

Yes. You can use the "teleport into area" event action.

You can chain this not just to the beginning of the scenario but to any of the available event trigger types (e.g. Unit-X steps into forbidden area Y, hitherto neutral country-Z responds by providing reinforcements to the enemy).
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Kushan

Quote from: Skoop on July 09, 2014, 09:13:52 PM
^ I went big and got the razer edge pro, I like the idea of having the horse power to play fps if necessary.  I it got discounted off amazon, the only complaint is I cant find any of the handy accessories for it any where.  If I could get the game pad pack that it sits in, I could play steel beasts pro pe on it. It plays CMRT well, but you have to plug in a wireless mouse, the ui is impossible with out it.  That's what's cool about command is that you can play totally by touch screen if needed, so it's been my go to game on the tablet so far.

I picked up a Surface Pro 3 the other day. So far I've only played a few small scenarios. Surface runs them like a dream but not without a few touch screen related issues. I found on the surface its a little difficult to scroll/zoom without using the keyboard attachment, which limits game play while lounging on the couch. Same issue applies to FCRS. Have you found a workaround for this? or do you use a mouse and keyboard for all your tablet gaming?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Skoop

Command does play better with a mouse and keyboard, but it's completely playable without it because the ui has multiple ways of pulling up different screens or functions.  I use the ui buttons across the top for everything, And zoom works with the finger pinch but it's not as good as a mouse wheel.  I notice my play style is different, I use the ai more and less micro managing.  If you do micro manage, it just takes more time to some things.
I have a wireless lodgitech trackball mouse that I use for cmrt that makes that playable on tablet.  I could use it with command if needed but with cm it's a must.  You could try pulling up the onscreen keyboard for hot keys if needed, that works with command.  Overall I'm happy with it on the tablet, by far out does the iOS games I was playing.

Dimitris

Miguel Molina has released a new revision of the Command community scenario pack, the compendium of Command scenarios crafted by the user community. The new release contains nine brand-new scenarios:     

The Old Regime and the New Nation, 1966: Franco's regime is reluctant to abandon its colonial possessions and responds forcibly to provocations from Nigeria. This hypothetical scenario features the combat swan song of the famous He-111 bomber.    

Team Mysore, 2017: Tensions between India and Myanmar have continued to mount. Indian intelligence indicates that Myanmar plans to attack Indian-flagged merchant vessels. Available Indian forces, centered around the new destroyer Mysore, are limited and far closer to Myanmar threats than any support. Will they be enough?    

Marinha do Brasil - PASSEX 2010 - Carl Vinson, 2010: Based on an actual 2010 exercise. Take command of a Brazilian diesel submarine, penetrate a US carrier group's defences and claim the big prize, the carrier itself.    

Growler vs Growler, 2014: EA-18G Growler, the USN's top-line SEAD and electronic attack aircraft. S-400 (NATO: SA-21 ""Growler"), the most modern operational long-range Russian SAM system. FIGHT!

Team Dido, 1964: Based on the historical conflict between Indonesia, Malaysia and the UK. The British government offers increased assistance to Malaysia including two of its RN frigates in the region. But Indonesia may up the ante more than usual this time.    

Shangri-la Comes Calling, 1965: In the mid-1960s, tensions increased dramatically between Egypt and the United States. With Egypt threatening maritime traffic in the eastern Mediterranean, the United States has decided to act pre-emptively. An air strike against an Egyptian air base has been selected as a suitable demonstration of American resolve. The Shangri-la carrier group is the nearest available force for this operation.    

Memphis Goes North, 1981: During 1981, the submarine USS Memphis completed an around-the-world cruise. This scenario assumes that during this time she was also called upon to assist in the completion of a covert CIA mission.    

Helping Brothers, 1990: Egypt is in social unrest and riots due to the ascendance of extreme Islamic elements. The country is on the brink of civil war. The military government try to control of the situation by means of martial law. Libya decides to support the Islamist rebels by supplying weapons and sends a small convoy with supplies for them. Egypt will have none of this.    

Frozen War, 2014: Chile and Argentina are at it again over oil exploration in the Antarctica. Can things get hot in the coldest part of the world? Yes, they can. 

As always, the community scenario pack is available for download at the WarfareSims download section: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876
With the new scenario pack release, the total number of released Command scenarios is now 172!

Huw the Poo

How's the Linux port coming along, Dimitris? :)

Dimitris

Huw the Poo

Heh.  I wish I had some data for you.  All I can say is that it's estimated that there are at least a million Linux users on Steam alone, and the ultra hardcore strategy market is currently severely underrepresented. ;)

mikeck

Growler v Growler sounds great....that damn s-400 kills me all the time. Shoots down my Harms and it's hard to get close enough for much else. Really need a lot of EW support. I use that and overload it with multi directional tomahawk attacks if i can. Doubt the pentagon would want me to use that much money on a SAM site in real life
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Dimitris

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 11, 2014, 06:44:43 PM
If Hue and I both preorder is it a deal then?

Actually that's a nice idea. We could put this up as a Kickstarter project and see how many people back it up with their wallets instead of their mouths.

Thanks for the suggestion!

undercovergeek

If Elite hadnt totally taken over my gaming time id like to get more involved with this. As always a great AAR sells a game more to me than any review and 'wot i think' and this

http://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/poaw-commands-modern-air-and-naval-operations.230/

has almost made me put Elite to one side for a while - kind of a rolling thread of scenarios and advice, dont be put off by the 52 pages, its great fun if you have the time to read it

Staggerwing

It's funny but mention of the scenario with the Spanish HE-111s (aka CASA 2.111) has brought me closer to purchasing than anything else before. I remember seeing them as stand-ins for the Luftwaffe Kampfgeschwader bombers in the movie 'Battle of Britain'.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Dimitris

MikeGER

Dimitris , ...its so quiet
what features are in the work queue in COMANO development?  (i guees you guys did some well deserved summer vacation first :))
with either the next patch or maybe even a DLC which could add "Land Ops with more decent AI" as a dynamical changing  target enviroment to Air and Naval scenarios

Dimitris

We have a number of new features in development. The order and form in which they will see the light of day is an excellent question.