The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Congratulations to Command!!! O0

Wargame of the Year Edition will be released on the 26th of September (latest version + user made scenarios + Baloogan's Joint Command multiplayer app).
Steam keys will be given to current owners.

Dimitris

Thanks!

To clarify, the WOTY version is free for existing users and includes all official updates and the manual addendum material added to the user manual. User scenarios and DB images are as always freely available on the WS download page.

Steam page: http://bit.ly/1rhduWC
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

jomni

I thought the scenarios are included based on the Matrix press release.

Kushan

Quote from: jomni on September 22, 2014, 08:21:18 AM
I thought the scenarios are included based on the Matrix press release.

Sounds like they will be. I think Dimitris was just pointing out they are already available to those that own the game.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

RyanE

Did I miss the announcement of Command being on Steam?  I see some mentions on the Matrix forum, but no announcement other than this WOTY edition.

Kushan

Quote from: RyanE on September 22, 2014, 06:24:56 PM
Did I miss the announcement of Command being on Steam?  I see some mentions on the Matrix forum, but no announcement other than this WOTY edition.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1522/Command.gets.Wargame.of.the.Year.Edition

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of the Year Editionwill be available on the 26th of September on our stores and Steam. A Steam key of the game will be available for anyone who already owns a copy of the game.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

RyanE

Huh...I did a search on the forum announcement and still missed it.

mirth

Awesome news about Steam distribution. Congrats and Happy Birthday!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

RyanE

So in the announcement the links point to current public builds.  Does 1.05 do anything that is not public yet?

I saw that the devs promised some big news and would deliver something people have been waiting in the next build.  Is the Steam integration the big news?

bostonmyk

Quote from: RyanE on September 24, 2014, 12:57:35 PM
So in the announcement the links point to current public builds.  Does 1.05 do anything that is not public yet?

I saw that the devs promised some big news and would deliver something people have been waiting in the next build.  Is the Steam integration the big news?

Hi Ryan

As far as game functionality yes. You're getting all public game and db updates. If you already own the game don't buy it. We'll be posting an update along with the steam release.  If you own it and wish to move to steam just grab a key (there are instructions on our forum at matrix).

Our publisher will be posting further details on what else is special about the release. Its more on their side.

Thanks!

Mike

Dimitris

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Dimitris on September 26, 2014, 07:23:54 AM
Command is now available on Steam, and at -25% price until October 3!

The best part of the steam page?  Our logo in the bottom right corner!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Baloogan

The Baloogan Campaign stream will return this saturday with a special 'Command: Wargame of the Year' stream! On Friday Command is coming to Steam!

I'm planning to play Under African Skies, a community scenario made by Feltan. (Matrix thread) A scenario set in 2017 about a US task force attacking a China backed Nigeria.

The date of the event was Sunday, January 22, 2017. The time was 1:03 PM on the East Coast of the United States. The new American President had been sworn into office forty-eight hours ago, and this day he was in the White House with VIP guests, donors, campaign staff, family and friends. This privileged group, like tens of millions of Americans that day, is glued to the big screen television. Today is the highly anticipated American Football Conference Championship; the semi-final before the Super Bowl. The much hyped game was between the Denver Broncos and the Baltimore Ravens, and kick-off at Mile High Stadium in Denver just happened to the cheers of these elite party goers. The smart money said Denver would walk away with an easy victory – and since the new President hailed from Colorado, no one at the White House was wearing a Raven's jersey. No one, that is, except the Senate Minority Leader who was from the opposing political party. It was all great fun. Spirits were high, the beer was flowing and the White House Chief of Staff couldn't have been happier with the electric atmosphere and upbeat photo ops that could only benefit his new boss. Little did anyone know that before half-time arrived, the country would forever be changed.
Would you like to know more?

Please join us on Saturday at 5:00 pm PDT for a live stream of Command: Wargame of the Year Edition.

In other news I've opened an affiliate sales account to sell Command; a special link to buy Command is available to the right. A Steam key as well as a DRM-free copy of Command. Using that link means that Baloogan Campaign gets 30%. :)

There have been a significant amount of improvements to Command since release. One might ask, "What does 'Wargame of the Year Edition' mean?" This page outlines all the new features since V1.00.

As always our chatroom is open to all; if you have a question about Command or even just want to chat about geopolitics, military technology & history please drop by!

And finally, I've set up a Tumblr Image/Video blog comprised of images and videos from the Baloogan Campaign Chatroom. Any image or youtube video posted to the chatroom is automatically uploaded there.