Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: mirth on September 27, 2014, 09:17:03 AM
Quote from: Asid on September 27, 2014, 09:11:31 AM
Quote from: Dimitris on September 27, 2014, 09:08:07 AM
I'll address the rest later, but I just want to reply to this real fast:

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 27, 2014, 09:03:12 AM
Once I was fighting the interface to find what I wanted, I just lost interest.

Waiting for Herman to grab this and run with it....and 1..... and 2..... and 3....... and 4..........

Dimitris your support and dedication has been exemplary. Do not tarnish your reputation by posts like this.

Regards

+1

Boy, JD spent a lot of his own time actually trying help out by finding and posting constructive points at release time. He deserves better! Most people would be just pissed off at the bugs and be done with it..

Dimitris

Waiting for Herman to grab this and run with it....and 1..... and 2..... and 3....... and 4..........

Dimitris your support and dedication has been exemplary. Do not tarnish your reputation by posts like this.

Regards

If you have been watching this and other Command-related fora since release, you know exactly what would near-certainly have happened within a few minutes of JD's post if I hadn't posted this.

He may yet do it, but at least he'll know he's become utterly predictable in his Command-bashing campaign. Just like what he tried to pull yesterday.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Asid

Quote from: Dimitris on September 27, 2014, 09:40:09 AM

If you have been watching this and other Command-related fora since release, you know exactly what would near-certainly have happened within a few minutes of JD's post if I hadn't posted this.

He may yet do it, but at least he'll know he's become utterly predictable in his Command-bashing campaign. Just like what he tried to pull yesterday.

Dimitris i have been following it all. I have read about the "history". However i think the majority of this community will agree with my statement my statement . Personal "attacks" or anything resembling such are not welcome, be it by an individual or the developer. Very unprofessional.

This is your product and it is up to you how you wish customers and prospective purchaser to view you. I just think it is damaging.

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Dimitris

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 27, 2014, 09:18:12 AM

Waiting for Herman to pick this up and run with it....and 1..... and 2..... and 3....... and 4..........

Come on Herman, don't disappoint me now.
I'm not locking horns with you on this anymore Dimitris. Your Herman link is about as caustic as you, as a developer, could get.

By doing so, you are linking my concerns to his ramblings. My concerns on the game back then, regardless of what you thought or think now, were genuine concerns to me and not implanted into me. What's more they stopped me playing the game and ended in my loss of £60.

I hardly even played Harpoon but I did recall thinking "Well, Harpoon gave you that...why isn't this?". And I even recall reinstalling and firing up Harpoon to check.

So enjoy your argument between you and Herman whom you seem to want to bat with.  :idiot2:

I gave priority to this single phrase JD because, like I said above, I knew exactly what was about to happen and time was of the essence. It was not a case of cherry-picking an argument of yours in order to make a strawman and beat it.

So let me make this abundantly clear, to avoid further misunderstanding:
1) I acknowledge that your grievances are your own, and not whispered to your ear by anyone else. IIRC I never accused you of such a thing.
2) Your criticism, from very early on, precisely because it had merit, was taken into account and factored in during the continous development of Command. I will elaborate on this below.

I said before that I will address the rest of your argument, and I am a man of my word. But I am also pressed for time.

mirth

Regards

You give Herman to much credit and the rest of us too little. We all know Herman's schtick. Most have us have seen it for years and we're intelligent enough to see it for what it is.

The absolute worse thing a game dev can do is get into a pissing contest with users. Surest way to push away potential customers.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

^+1

I just bought the game, haven't even gotten to play it, and already I'll feeling frustrated.  :(

How about a positive post, maybe a few suggestions for small scenarios set as early in the game's database timeline as possible? Prop plane and such?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 27, 2014, 10:11:06 AM
^+1

I just bought the game, haven't even gotten to play it, and already I'll feeling frustrated.  :(

How about a positive post, maybe a few suggestions for small scenarios set as early in the game's database timeline as possible? Prop plane and such?
The positive post Staggerwing is that they have been working on it relentlessly since release. There is abundant evidence to suggest that the game you just bought will be far more enjoyable than I found it on release.

I even concede that there are many many people that either didn't see the things I saw, or they didn't have a block on the game because of them as I did or they just didn't think they were issues and there were (and there were) other more important things needing attention.

Suffice it to say, I fully expect you will enjoy the game if the genre is one you are interested in of course (not necessarily the case when buying a game - check me and Wastelands 2 - I don't really like RPG's!) and I have no doubt it's worth it's price tag now.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

^+1

drop by the aar threads on matrix, and also go to baloogans page for everything!

theres the first 3 tutorials he goes through step by step, and then scenarios step by step, why, what, where and when

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Dimitris on September 27, 2014, 09:54:40 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 27, 2014, 09:18:12 AM

Waiting for Herman to pick this up and run with it....and 1..... and 2..... and 3....... and 4..........

Come on Herman, don't disappoint me now.
I'm not locking horns with you on this anymore Dimitris. Your Herman link is about as caustic as you, as a developer, could get.

By doing so, you are linking my concerns to his ramblings. My concerns on the game back then, regardless of what you thought or think now, were genuine concerns to me and not implanted into me. What's more they stopped me playing the game and ended in my loss of £60.

I hardly even played Harpoon but I did recall thinking "Well, Harpoon gave you that...why isn't this?". And I even recall reinstalling and firing up Harpoon to check.

So enjoy your argument between you and Herman whom you seem to want to bat with.  :idiot2:

I gave priority to this single phrase JD because, like I said above, I knew exactly what was about to happen and time was of the essence. It was not a case of cherry-picking an argument of yours in order to make a strawman and beat it.

So let me make this abundantly clear, to avoid further misunderstanding:
1) I acknowledge that your grievances are your own, and not whispered to your ear by anyone else. IIRC I never accused you of such a thing.
2) Your criticism, from very early on, precisely because it had merit, was taken into account and factored in during the continous development of Command. I will elaborate on this below.

I said before that I will address the rest of your argument, and I am a man of my word. But I am also pressed for time.
Dimitris

As I said, I don't really care for the to-ing and fro-ing with you. I bought the game on release at over £60. I played it, gave feedback, played it, gave more feedback and got frustrated with the interface and gave the game away and, iirc, the words were along the lines of giving it to someone in they hope they will enjoy it.

I did not appreciate you telling me you had bust your balls doing something for me. It's your game. IMO the features I asked for should've been in game and I was amazed no-oine in BETA brought them up (or some of them at least).

You then attempted to draw in or thwart (who really cares) Herman Humm into this. You did say you were going to answer my posts - but that wasn't my concern. My concern was the way you were a) antagonistic to me and b) you decided to add more antagonism to the thread.

You can post more if you wish. Hell - site specifics if you want. Regardless of what you say, I was one customer who bought your product on faith at full price, finding out it had a fair few bugs left in it and the interface left me frustrated. I fed all the things I found back to you and still the product left me unsatisfied. That isn't to say you weren't doing anything about it nor is it saying I kept it long enough to see what was going on - because I didn't...but the point is, in short, I felt disappointed - and that is what I wrote in my post before you jumped on me about busting your balls.

And for the record - it's THAT statement that got my back up - because I busted my arse testing your product AFTER paying for it. And I say testing because I wasn't really playing. I was playing but wondering why I couldn't do A, couldn't implement B or the interface wasn't showing me C. So everytime I had the game open I had notepad open too and was ALT-Tabbing between them

So feel like a lesson was learned if you want. You weren't the only one to learn a lesson was my point.
Alba gu' brath

bostonmyk

Hi Guys

FWIW I did notice losing Judge Dredd as a customer and it did bother me. This was not because of the cost in time but we legitimately value the input of our customers and take it hard when things don't work out. I'm guessing that and the lack of sleep are at the heart of Dimitris frustrations :)

Dredd hopefully we'll do better next game. Thanks for the opportunity.

Mike

Dimitris

Quote from: mirth on September 27, 2014, 09:55:29 AM

You give Herman to much credit and the rest of us too little. We all know Herman's schtick. Most have us have seen it for years and we're intelligent enough to see it for what it is.

The absolute worse thing a game dev can do is get into a pissing contest with users. Surest way to push away potential customers.

This was most definitely not my intention. If I have given this impression then I must apologize.

Not to offer any excuses, but I've been having a terrible day. I've been up since 2.30 AM and facing one crisis after another (none of them Command-related). Zen Temple this here ain't.

So, sorry. That is all.

Kushan

^+1

Sometimes starting as early as possible with the lowest tech isn't the greatest.

I think the "US Naval Airpower Debate" scenarios from the community scenario pack would make for a good starting point for air combat. As would "Raven 21 is Down" from the base game.

"Trapped Under Ice" or the "First Contact" series from base game if you want something involving subs or surface combatants.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MikeGER

Quote from: Baloogan on September 26, 2014, 10:39:27 AM
The Baloogan Campaign stream will return this Saturday with a special 'Command: Wargame of the Year' stream! On Friday Command is coming to Steam!

Please join us on Saturday at 5:00 pm PDT for a live stream of Command: Wargame of the Year Edition.

Baloogan, please upload the video captures to YT too as usual right when the stream has ended  8)...so the other site of the planet peoples have a chance to marble at it when the sunday morning sun has rizen over Europe   ;)

MikeGER

Stagg, check out Baloogans video of his streams too ... then you know how that scenario unfolds (at least until he sometimes takes over and adds in some nukes with the editor and let the 'evil side' just have it ;-) ) ...and maybe just like me get the appetite to try that scenario yourself but with your own approach after things start rolling...

Also i recommend that Nam scenario "Down Town" for a beginner  it reminds me on some movies i have seen and so it can be right immersive 8)   

Dimitris

JD < Check your PMs.