The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnus

I am sure it has been asked, but I cannot find any posts that plainly state a yes or no.

Do you plan to go back in time to WWII for an addon or sequel?

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 31, 2015, 04:50:19 PM
Quote from: Dimitris on January 31, 2015, 05:44:31 AM

Caribbean March 21st, 2022: Venezuela has attacked the islands of Curacao and Aruba and occupied them. The Dutch government has launched a counter-offensive to retake the islands. You are in command of the Dutch TF and the Air Force Base at St. Maarten, stocked with new F-35s. But Venezuelan forces are similarly upgraded with fresh Chinese equipment. Can you take the islands back?    

I don't know why, but I am all geeked out to play this one.

I've been intending to recreate a scenario I did for Harpoon Classic years ago.  Where a Burke class destroyer and a very small amount of air support has to fight it's way into Venezuelan waters to extract a VIP by helo and make it back out.  Basically holding off the whole Venezuelan navy and air force in the process.   It had turned out more fun than I originally expected so I'd like to see it in CMANO eventually.

The Dutch retaliation scenario sounds very familiar (and quite fun).  Is that also a remake of an oldie?  Think I saw it for one of the 'Poons before too.

Silent Disapproval Robot

There are already a couple of Dutch vs. Venezuelan scenarios in the game that take place in 2012.  This new one that takes place in 2022 adds newer toys to play with.

I wish I knew how to get my CAP to prioritize targets.  My F-35s just dumped all their AMRAAMs at a bunch of Venezuelan ASW choppers instead of at the wave of Su-30s and Su-35s behind them.

Rekim

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 31, 2015, 08:39:58 PM
I wish I knew how to get my CAP to prioritize targets.  My F-35s just dumped all their AMRAAMs at a bunch of Venezuelan ASW choppers instead of at the wave of Su-30s and Su-35s behind them.

Often I'll keep fighters 'unassigned' because of the AIs tendency to apply afterburner every time a hostile A/C pops up somewhere in theater. Same sort of issue with unloading all the AMRAAMs on a few helo's. I tend to loiter fighters near the CAP area and assign them to the CAP mission on the fly when something of interest pops up.

Pete Dero

Quote from: magnus on January 31, 2015, 06:30:09 PM
I am sure it has been asked, but I cannot find any posts that plainly state a yes or no.

The cold war database already contains WW2 entries   (you can check these in Baloogans Wiki  - eg United States 1944 : http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/EnumOperatorCountry?CountryID=2101&Year=1944 )

magnus

Yes, but the database has limited amounts of ships and aircraft for the different nations.

You could make some scenarios with the database but not many historic ones.

Dimitris

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 31, 2015, 08:39:58 PM
There are already a couple of Dutch vs. Venezuelan scenarios in the game that take place in 2012.  This new one that takes place in 2022 adds newer toys to play with.

We got you covered; this is one of the biggies coming in v1.07: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=3598

(This also means by default no more stupid AI allocations like a Kirov emptying its SS-N-19 magazine against speedboats).

The beta folks are creaming their pants over this.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Dimitris

Quote from: magnus on January 31, 2015, 06:30:09 PM

We want to. Whether we'll be able to is an excellent question indeed.

Kushan

Quote from: magnus on February 01, 2015, 07:47:37 AM
Yes, but the database has limited amounts of ships and aircraft for the different nations.

You could make some scenarios with the database but not many historic ones.

My Command wet dream is a 1900-1949 DB. So much stuff in v1.07 I wish I could talk about, guess you guys will just have to wait and see ;). I've spent so much time in the beta I'm never really sure whats public or not anymore.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Staggerwing

A lot of the pre- and intra-WW2 naval fights would be slugfests occasionally punctuated by critical hits and such. A 'Pacific Jutland' a'la Plan Orange could be epic. If so there must be ZRCVs! (please?)

Is the damage modeling for ships detailed enough to randomly replicate something so specific as the Bismarck being forced to sail around in circles from a lucky torpedo hit to the rudder?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Dimitris

Kushan

New v1.07 Mission Editor

The new mission editor is by far my favorite thing in v1.07. I love the flexibility the new editor provides. I actually like using missions now rather then micromanaging everything. Not to mention the benefits for scenarios designers.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dimitris

Very soon. The public RC is going through its paces right now.

undercovergeek

is it too high a mountain to start at the bottom again, or are there some new tutorials out there?