The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mikeck

Do any of you guys know of any scenarios where we get to use nuclear weapons? I know I can make my own but I'm not really big on producing my own scenarios .
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

RyanE

There aren't many...

These have release for nukes I think...

Deter, Detect and Defend
Nuclear Storm...limited nukes
Wargasm 1962

Not sure they are what you are looking for.

Coiler

There's another "limited nuclear" scenario called Out of Megiddo, the Battle of the Arabian Sea.

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Baloogan

Couple more:

Goodnight Irene involves nukes; though you don't get to throw any.

Comte de Grasse's Squadron, 1988 http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3883384

mikeck

Quote from: Baloogan on June 28, 2015, 01:25:19 PM
Couple more:

Goodnight Irene involves nukes; though you don't get to throw any.

Comte de Grasse's Squadron, 1988 http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3883384

Yeah...I have to be able to use them.lol

jomni

BAE Systems partners with Slitherine using Command as the platform.

QuoteA crucial appreciation of these efforts is now coming from experts at defense, security and aerospace multinational BAE Systems. In particular, real time wargame Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations has been chosen to start a collaboration with Slitherine and its development partners

Congratulations!

Al

Yea - congrats to the Command team.  Well deserved.
Al

Dimitris

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

OJsDad

Hey guys,

Can someone point me to a good source that explain how to handle my aircraft in some detail.  I'm confused as to why it takes hours to switch my S-4's from Torps to Bombs.  Why are my aircraft not available for hours after a flight, even when they're under attack.

Thanks.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Pete Dero

http://baloogancampaign.com/tag/quick-turn-around/

Introduced in 1.06 :

Surge and Quick-Turnaround air operations allow players to faithfully recreate the frantic tempo of historical operations like the Six-Day War or the first nights of Desert Storm (or apply the same sortie rates on their own hypothetical conflicts), while also having to deal with the inevitable punishing wear and tear on both crews and airframes that this relentless pace enforces. The faithful depiction of the critical choice between sustained or "surge" rates is a first for any unclassified strategy/wargaming title on the market and pushes Command into the arena of hardcore flight simulators.

Edit : Dimitris beat me to it.

OJsDad

Thanks.  I've been enjoying CMANO the little bit I've been able to play.  Traveling too much for work. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Kushan

Going to be streaming tomorrow at 11am PST/18:00 GMT at Twitch.tv/Kushan04.

This weeks topic is going to be a US air strike on Irans nuclear infrastructure.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play