The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanE

Hartford688

Very disappointing attitude and response. The feature itself, since I do not have the game, I cannot comment if I would miss it. But the attitude? I certainly can live without that.

Deleted from my Steam wishlist.

Staggerwing

All I can think is that the some country's 'professional' military such as the People's Liberation Army-Navy Store has started buying up the commercial/hobby game to train it's personnel instead of springing for the military-grade sim version costing thousands more and this is the response.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

I'll vote with my dollars. Another company crossed off the list of future purchases.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Grim.Reaper

Yep, agree with all the follow up posts....developers will obviously do what they want...I have no problem with consumer vs professional versions, but don't agree with removing features from bought products even if I don't use it.

Just not a model I will continue to support...

Bison

Retroactively disabling features seems...underhanded.  Don't own the game, not my company, don't really care.  Just another reason in my books for people to get off the computer and play tabletop games. 

mirth

Quote from: Bison on February 11, 2017, 03:16:43 PM
Retroactively disabling features seems...underhanded.  Don't own the game, not my company, don't really care.  Just another reason in my books for people to get off the computer and play tabletop games. 

Amen brother. Devs need to realize there are many, many places for customers to spend their gaming dollars.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

RyanE

I have become very leery of buying games from companies that also support the game, or have hopes of supporting the game, with a military service.  They quickly become fairly dismissive of the retail customers.  Frankly, I am not sure I would ever do it again looking at how eSims operates and Command seemingly heading in that direction.

mirth

Quote from: RyanE on February 11, 2017, 03:21:51 PM
I have become very leery of buying games from companies that also support the game, or have hopes of supporting the game, with a military service.  They quickly become fairly dismissive of the retail customers.  Frankly, I am not sure I would ever do it again looking at how eSims operates and Command seemingly heading in that direction.

I have to agree with your assessment based on the attitudes I've seen on display here from the primary members of both companies.

RyanE

Wait til Herman Hum hears about this one.  He has been pretty quiet about Command for a while now.  Some part of the internet is blowing up.

mirth

Grim.Reaper

Surprisingly at the official forums, haven't seen any discussion on this.....either folks missed it in release notes or they actually don't care,

MikeGER

Does in POTUS D. Trump's America a military used air/navel simulation that is owned/programmed by a Greek, a Norwegian, a Brit, and only one American and is a LTD registered in London registration pdf  has a future anyway?  :buck2: 
i hope not, its a question of national security  :-X

...to sad they don't have a Mexican on the team, i would have send DT a tweet immediately  ;D 

RyanE

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 11, 2017, 03:37:41 PM
Surprisingly at the official forums, haven't seen any discussion on this.....either folks missed it in release notes or they actually don't care,

Frankly, the only people left posting are rivet-counters.  As I predicted a couple years ago, the game is going so far down the path of painful granularity, that it might be overwhelming people.  Just read the database addition threads.  People are asking for things that most likely make no discernible difference in the game.  I bet 90% of the requested units never see the light of day in a scenario.

If they are pulling out features because they are spending so much time detailing out the visibity of a pilot out of individual aircraft, its lost.

Bison

Quote from: mirth on February 11, 2017, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: Bison on February 11, 2017, 03:16:43 PM

Amen brother. Devs need to realize there are many, many places for customers to spend their gaming dollars.

It's not just money, but probably the more valuable commodity of time.  Only so many hours in a day and lifetime to spend. 

I'm sure people enjoy and love the game.  I've enjoy ARs AARs from time to time.  Anyway hopefully it works out for everyone.