The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

You guys are seriously bitching about a feature that no one ever used and can easily find a host of other software that does what it did better? Sometimes I think you guys just look for something to get your panties bunched up about.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Kushan on February 11, 2017, 03:55:27 PM
You guys are seriously bitching about a feature that no one ever used and can easily find a host of other software that does what it did better? Sometimes I think you guys just look for something to get your panties bunched up about.

Not about the specific feature, heck the developer themselves implied could be more and ones we would care about.  It's about removing any features from a game via a patch.

mirth

You guys are seriously bitching about a feature that no one ever used and can easily find a host of other software that does what it did better?

Well, it's a feature they felt could be moved to the pro edition. And what I am troubled by is the removal of an existing feature with an "upgrade" patch. I'm also troubled by the response offered by Dmitris when asked about it by a long time customer.

QuoteSometimes I think you guys just look for something to get your panties bunched up about.

I don't know about the others, but I go commando. Prevents panty bunching.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

RyanE

I am guessing you have no idea what the feature does.  Show me a program that does what the record/replay feature did?

Bison

Kushan has done a lot of gameplay.  I'm sure he's familiar with the feature.

Zulu1966

Well - the award for completely missing the point goes to ....

Can you not see the sheer moral bankruptcy of removing something from a game that people have already paid for simply to make money elsewhere. May be you don't use the feature - but here is a question for you ... take a game you do play ... then a feature that you do use ... you still think its ok to take that away ? what they have removed makes no difference. As the developer implied - there were other things they thought of removing (perhaps still will). Jeezzz
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

RyanE

My biggest issue is the reasoning behind it.  Its a version of moving features from your commercial version to your pro version to make it loo more valuable.  Again, a dev's involvement in a defense project at the expense of retail.  Its devs chasing the golden egg of DoD contracts that will eventually only lead to heartache for everyone.

I wonder if there is some funding trade offs involved here where some stuff is eventually going to move from the pro version to the retail version.  Either way, coming in with a veiled threat that if we complain too much, other stuff might get removed is not a great conversation starter.

RyanE

Quote from: Bison on February 11, 2017, 04:09:07 PM
Kushan has done a lot of gameplay.  I'm sure he's familiar with the feature.

Yeah, should have recognized the name.  The offer still stands.  I have seen no app that will let you replay a scenario and have all the views and menu access like the feature we are talking about.  I actually used it when playing large scenarios and debugging a scenario I was building.  I have not thought of building a big scenario without using it.

I don't want anyone to think I think the replay feature was some critical game-stopping part of the game.  I just made a comment about it and its a dev response that really got the hackles up.  Before someone gets their own panties ina  bunch, please read that whole part a couple pages back.  Don't do the typical internet thing and just jump in and throw down comments.

mikeck

I agree. I purchased a game with a certain content. It's BS for the developer to turn around and remove a feature I paid for. Imagine a car. You got it loaded. 1 year after you bought it, they replace your power seat adjustment with a manual seat. Then they tell you that if you want the power seat back, you have to pay for the pro upgrade. The fact that you never used the power seat adjustment is not the point
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Kushan

The Steam forum is more measured and polite then this place has become.

Quote from: RyanE on February 11, 2017, 04:07:59 PM
I am guessing you have no idea what the feature does.  Show me a program that does what the record/replay feature did?

Considering I've been playing since right before the initial launch I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

As for recording software; OBS, Bandicam, FRAPS, just to name a few.

Quote from: mikeck on February 11, 2017, 04:18:25 PM
I agree. I purchased a game with a certain content. It's BS for the developer to turn around and remove a feature I paid for. Imagine a car. You got it loaded. 1 year after you bought it, they replace your power seat adjustment with a manual seat. Then they tell you that if you want the power seat back, you have to pay for the pro upgrade. The fact that you never used the power seat adjustment is not the point

So the devs offered 11 FREE car services when you actually wanted to pay for those services? Sure they will keep that in mind going forward.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

RyanE

Well I have been playing since release.  But if you insist on showing how little you know about Command, I'll jump down it to.

Can you tell me what the HUGE difference is between those apps you listed and Command's replay feature?  Since you are so experienced, I assume you know it off the top  of your head.  I'll drop a $10 Amazon gift card to you if you can find even a single app that does it.

RyanE

I also see you aren't reading the whole conversation.  Please, I beg you, before you dig your hole deeper, read the whole conversation today.

solops

Have not played in a while, but I always like to watch replays in all games that provide them, sometimes more than once. Which update did the dirty deed? I can always reinstall and update up to that point.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Bison

I don't think the accusations toward Kushan are warranted.  He's made some damned fine live stream videos.  If you want to be pissed that the company pulled a feature, that's where the anger should be directed.  Otherwise you're just wildly lashing out for no good reason at all. 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus