What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Ubercat

JD, how to you BoB? I've been tempted to buy it the last two years at WBC. Are you soloing it as the Brits?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bob48

I was under the impression that it is a solitaire game.

'Clip those corners'

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Ubercat on December 09, 2017, 04:33:11 PM
JD, how to you BoB? I've been tempted to buy it the last two years at WBC. Are you soloing it as the Brits?
Its a solo game and I'm playing the Eagle campaign...Ze Germans
Alba gu' brath

Ubercat

I seem to recall there being an expansion or update that allows opposed play or solo play as either side.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Barthheart

The version I have has solo for both side and rules to play 2 player. Great game.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on December 10, 2017, 12:01:03 AM
The version I have has solo for both side and rules to play 2 player. Great game.

+1

I own both the original and this new one. The original was a lot of fun to play, and so is the newer one. On top of that it gives you the 2-player option as well as a choice to solo as the Germans or Brits.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Ubercat on December 09, 2017, 06:10:35 PM
I seem to recall there being an expansion or update that allows opposed play or solo play as either side.

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 10, 2017, 12:28:33 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 10, 2017, 12:01:03 AM

+1

I own both the original and this new one. The original was a lot of fun to play, and so is the newer one. On top of that it gives you the 2-player option as well as a choice to solo as the Germans or Brits.
What they said. The game is playable as Germans, British or 2 player - no expansion - straight out the box.

I'm playing the Germans (again) because I like the raid planning. I will (one day) play as the RAF - though I had heard someone say it was a duller affair.
Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on December 10, 2017, 10:18:48 AM
New acquisitions

Nice... I didn't the supplement... is it worth if I only have Poland?

mirth

It's free as a PDF so you can check it out and decide - https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=baf113cfb8dcd1cd&id=BAF113CFB8DCD1CD%2111206&lor=shortUrl

I'm not much of one for print-and-play so I picked it up for the extra counters (one and half sheets worth). I own all of the Next War games though so I know it will get used at some point.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Few pics from two games I played yesterday. First one was a 'Check Your Six!' Guadalcanal scenario. Second game was 'Spearhead' with an East Front '43 scenario:

Bison

What are you fighting?  Fire elementals?  :)

Nice pics.

Bison

Quote from: Barthheart on December 10, 2017, 10:41:35 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 10, 2017, 10:18:48 AM
New acquisitions

Nice... I didn't the supplement... is it worth if I only have Poland?

Next War series looks good but GMT wants a premium on a non-deluxe printing.