Started by Tuna, November 22, 2018, 09:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on November 22, 2018, 09:46:05 AM
They are shutting it down, but offering free gifts to people who played

https://totalwararena.com/en/news/development/ceasing-operations/

Transferred my Gs to Warships.

Not sure if I ever hit the requisite 100 battles to get an extra freebie.  Only thing TW I don't own, on offer, is the Warhammer Grim & the Grave DLC anyway.

fran

Downloaded it, but never got around to playing it, perhaps the case with other people.

Cannot even say it it was a good game...

jomni

That was fast. It's like development time was longer than the live time.

Toonces

I think Destraex was the GH Forums rep on TW Arena.

I never tried it, but I would be super bummed if I had spent money on it.  I've had this happen with other games, and it's not a good feeling. 

I'm looking at you, Of Kings and Men.   >:(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

And these are big devs with deep pockets.

JasonPratt

I am legitimately surprised at this. I was hanging back until the game worked through teething issues, but I was looking forward to its full development.  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Well, it kind of requires Teamwork. .When some MP players don't play well as a team, and others don't realize it requires teamwork, they frustrate each other.

Nefaro

This is actually the second time TW Arena has been shut down.

CA first tried doing it on their own, but the reception was poor and they quickly canned it years ago.  So they asked Wargaming, a company experienced with this type of game, unlike CA, this second time around. 

Although more popular than the first try, it appears to have gone the same way in the end.  :-\

I kinda enjoyed running it with the other guys, here, on occasion.  However, I often quickly lost interest when running it solo.  Another issue I had was that the paid sub/currency wasn't shared between it and Wargaming's other titles.  If I could've shared my account injections with World Of Warships, I may have been more active on it.  Hell, they still have WoWs and their others separated, but I don't play WoT anymore.

DennisS

Quote from: Nefaro on November 25, 2018, 05:52:11 PM
This is actually the second time TW Arena has been shut down.

CA first tried doing it on their own, but the reception was poor and they quickly canned it years ago.  So they asked Wargaming, a company experienced with this type of game, unlike CA, this second time around. 

Although more popular than the first try, it appears to have gone the same way in the end.  :-\

I kinda enjoyed running it with the other guys, here, on occasion.  However, I often quickly lost interest when running it solo.  Another issue I had was that the paid sub/currency wasn't shared between it and Wargaming's other titles.  If I could've shared my account injections with World Of Warships, I may have been more active on it.  Hell, they still have WoWs and their others separated, but I don't play WoT anymore.

I played about 50 matches...kind of stopped. I played WoT a ton...enough to get to tier nine across 3-4 tank destroyers. Multi player just doesn't work well for me, and is a relatively small percentage of my total gameplay time.