Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethel the Frog

I did not see an order of voting.  I will vote against. 

Tripoli

Quote from: Ethel the Frog on January 26, 2019, 06:39:54 PM
I did not see an order of voting.  I will vote against.

Right you are, I neglected to put in a voting order.  It is:  Plutocrats,Populists, Conservatives, Progressives, Aristocrats and Militarists
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

No need for a voting order: the Dictator straight-up "dictates" who gets to be his Master of Horse.  O0 And it can't be vetoed either. (Appointing the MoH is one of the very few things a Dictator can simply dictate, ironically. ;) )

Discussion beforehand is only a courtesy poll to see if anyone has a persuasive argument for a MoH pick.

Julius picks Aelius, and that's that. His influence goes up 3 from 14 to 17; total Militarist Influence up to 52.

FIFTH MANDATORY BUSINESS: elect a new Censor.

Away from Rome: Manlius of the Militarists. Offices higher than PontMax are Julius and Aelius of the Militarists; Flaminius of the Progressives; and Quinctius of the Aristocrats.

Anyone else who has a "Prior Consul" chip, is valid for Proposal, which must be by Julius the PM or by Tribune card (or Cato). If Julius Proposes a candidate, his Proposal as Dictator cannot be vetoed (but must still be voted on as usual: he isn't an Emperor, only an emergency super-Consul.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Sorry for the delay in nominating a censor.  I nominate  Junius  to serve as censor, along with the public agreement with Malize that there would no prosecution of militarists, progressives or aristocrats during Junius' term of office.

JasonPratt

Malize will have to publicly agree to that contract, for me to enforce it automatically.

Tripoli gave no voting order, so currently any Player can vote in any order.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 29, 2019, 01:00:43 PM
Malize will have to publicly agree to that contract, for me to enforce it automatically.

Tripoli gave no voting order, so currently any Player can vote in any order.
Once Malize publically agrees, the voting order will be Plutocrats, Populists, Conservatives, Progressives, Aristocrats and Militarists

malize

Agreed to contract, and votes in favor at the appropriate time.

JasonPratt

The Turn Ten Censorial Contract: Tripoli shall Propose Malize's Junius for Censor this Turn. Malize shall not launch Prosecutions of Aristocrat, Militarist, or Progressive senators for as long as Junius remains Censor.

Malize having agreed to the contract, it is publicly binding and I will automatically process and enforce it.

Tripoli automatically Proposes Junius of the Populists as Censor.

Voting order now proceeds as designated by Tripoli: Plutocrats, Populists, Conservatives, Progressives, Aristocrats and Militarists.

Malize provisionally announces he'll be voting FOR this Proposal when it's his turn. Provisionally this means the Proposal already has 25 Populist votes + 12 Militarist votes in its favor, net +37.

JasonPratt

The Frog reports by chat, that the Plutocrats will abstain.

Malize's votes trigger now, +25 for the Proposal.

Conservative turn to vote. AzTank says he's traveling on business and probably won't be able to vote until Thursday. (Implicitly so he can catch up on the plot, and on any plotting. ;) )

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 30, 2019, 12:03:37 PM
The Frog reports by chat, that the Plutocrats will abstain.

Malize's votes trigger now, +25 for the Proposal.

Conservative turn to vote. AzTank says he's traveling on business and probably won't be able to vote until Thursday. (Implicitly so he can catch up on the plot, and on any plotting. ;) )

Just as well.  It was -51 degrees here this morning.  I'm hibernating until winter is over.... :)

JasonPratt

Conservatives vote -14 -4 activist votes AGAINST.

Now +25 -18 = net +7 FOR the Proposal. Presumably the Militarists would add +12, so presumptive Net +19.

Erax's Progressives vote next.

Leaving aside any risk of a Tribune veto, the result possibilities look like this:

Erax yes, I.I. yes, vote passes, duh.

Erax no, I.I. yes, vote passes.

Erax yes, I.I. no, vote fails (barely: net +19 +7 -18 -9 Aristocrat activists = net -1).

Erax no, I.I. no, vote fails.

The main question is whether Erax goes for the easy Influence oppositional vote, since (aside from any Tribunes) I.I. will be the swing vote.

Erax

I've done enough influence farming, the Progressives vote for.

JasonPratt

IncompetentIdiot

JasonPratt

That means Junius will be Censor, and will gain 5 Influence! -- though it's late here so I'll have to process that gain tomorrow.

This leads to the last (valid) Mandatory Business, Prosecutions. Junius becomes PM temporarily, and must decide whether anyone will be investigated for Minor or Major Corruption this Turn.

I'll post the list of Suspicions tomorrow, but you can also just page back to the pre-Senate snapshots, Malize, and see who has Suspicions. If the chit is on a Concession, that's a Minor Suspicion. If the chit is on or near the face of the senator, that's a Major Suspicion. (If you click to zoom and squint, you may see the Minors reading Corruptio, and the Majors reading Mayor or Maior, I forget which.)