Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bostonmyk on September 24, 2013, 05:11:33 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 24, 2013, 04:56:53 PM
"2nd shift punching in"...lol

Thx bostonmyk

As I said to Dimitris - congratulations on the release

Would the ability to double click an aircraft on the Mission Editor to bring up the database viewer for that specific aircraft be do-able?

Thanks man.

We will talk about this but I think we have another click event in that dialog. We are actively collecting what you guys tell us to make mods and hopefully make it easier to drive.
I just checked and double click adds the aircraft to a mission. So maybe a right click or a button that opens up the database viewer for the highlighted aircraft? I just think (definitely something I anted to do) was to get to the specific platform's data from that window.
Alba gu' brath

panzerde

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 24, 2013, 05:12:35 PM
I meant to say - it's nice to see the devs here - I know they must be busy over at Matrix...so thx. Appreciated.

This goes a long way toward me feeling okay about spend $80 on this.  Very much appreciated!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

bostonmyk

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

JudgeDredd

Thx - just discovered that before I came on to ask....anyway to do it for a group?
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Shift-left click units and right click and RTB  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 24, 2013, 11:23:48 AM
I'll let you know how it plays!  :-[

Wow...same day, thought it would be a least a couple of days:)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 24, 2013, 05:46:58 PM
I'm pathetic  ::)

Nah, just a compulsive gamer like the rest of us:)  Will be following your adventures to see if I should pick up...

JudgeDredd

Minor Victory : 1300 points here too

SIDE: CVW-15
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
1x F-14A Tomcat
1x A-6E Intruder

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
8x AIM-9L Sidewinder
7x AIM-7F Sparrow III
9x AIM-54A Phoenix
34x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
6x 20mm/85 M61A1 Vulcan Burst [100 rnds]
8x AGM-45B Shrike [ARM]
8x AGM-62B Walleye II ER/DL
8x CBU-59/B APAM [717 x BLU-77/B Dual-Purpose Bomblets]
12x GBU-10E/B Paveway II LGB [Mk84]
124x Mk82 500lb LDGP

SIDE: Red Side

LOSSES:
4x MiG-23ML Flogger G
4x MiG-21bis Fishbed N
5x Vehicle (Flat Face B [P-19])
8x SA-3c Goa Quad Rail
7x SA-7a Grail [9K32 Strela-2] MANPADS
4x Vehicle (Low Blow [SNR-125])
4x A/C Hardened Aircraft Shelter (1x Medium Aircraft)
1x Radar (Tall King A [P-14])
2x SA-2f Guideline Mod 1/2 Single Rail
1x Vehicle (Spoon Rest C [P-12])
3x AvGas Bunker (400k Liter Tank)
2x Runway Access Point (Very Large Aircraft)
2x SA-6b Gainful [2P25] TEL
6x SA-6a Gainful [2P25] TEL
2x Vehicle (Straight Flush [1S91])
2x Vehicle (Fire Dome [9S35])
1x Building (Large)

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
8x AA-7 Apex C [R-24R, SARH]
17x SA-2f Guideline Mod 1 [S-75M2 Volkhov, 5YA23 / V-759]
1x 23mm Gsh-23L Burst [40 rnds]
21x SA-3c Goa [5V27D, V-601PD]
33x SA-6b Gainful [9M336]
9x SA-6a Gainful [9M336]
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

I'm also getting some sluggish game performance, notably on the map zoom.   Will see if it runs any different on the notebook.

The air mission AI was being a pain in the first tutorial scenario.  It refused to RTB my aircraft, and ended up flying around in three SAM's threat envelope, loitering for too long.  My SEAD A-7s did this while still carrying CBUs that they never used on these SAMs that were all within 2nm of them.  Perhaps they were staying low and masked, I don't know, but they weren't doing much good loitering there and not dropping anything but the RTB orders weren't working. *shrug*

I'll have to tinker with different scenarios and figure out if it's just my own noobish ignorance of the interface or something else before coming to any conclusions on that.  But at this time I'm definitely leaning towards keeping aircraft under manual control if I want to have some fun, as opposed to testing.

There is no Sounds that I've heard.  It's sorely missing.  They don't need to be anything big.  On the contrary some short & sweet sounds would be nice.  Having no sound effects at all is disappointing.  I rather enjoyed the contact report sounds from Harpoon Classic and the short helo sounds when they launched.  Things of that nature, sorely missed.  I'd also like to have some simple interface button clicks.. no high-pitched tinny stuff but a low one would be great.  Sounds like this will have to come in the form of community created packages.

No pics or art of all the platforms, in the database.  Due to IP issues with all the pics floating about out there, which I can understand.  Looks like the community will have to provide mods to fill it all out too.

If everything can come together, then it'll be what we've always wanted.  As to whether it's there right now.. I have doubts thus far, on my initial impressions.

Kushan

Downloading my copy now.

Quote from: Nefaro on September 24, 2013, 09:34:43 PM
There is no Sounds that I've heard.  It's sorely missing.  They don't need to be anything big.  On the contrary some short & sweet sounds would be nice.  Having no sound effects at all is disappointing.

Have the manually turn them on.

Along the top select Game -> Game Options, then check the check box that says "Use game sounds"
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

panzerde

Looking like a trend in the scoring on the first tutorial mission:

SIDE: CVW-15

LOSSES:
1x F-14A Tomcat
1x A-7E Corsair II

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
6x AIM-7F Sparrow III
12x AIM-54A Phoenix
26x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
12x AGM-45B Shrike [ARM]
8x AGM-62B Walleye II ER/DL
32x Mk82 500lb LDGP
16x GBU-10E/B Paveway II LGB [Mk84]

SIDE: Red Side

LOSSES:
4x MiG-21bis Fishbed N
4x MiG-23ML Flogger G
4x Vehicle (Low Blow [SNR-125])
8x SA-3c Goa Quad Rail
12x SA-7a Grail [9K32 Strela-2] MANPADS
2x Vehicle (Flat Face B [P-19])
3x Vehicle (Fan Song F [RSNA-75M])
12x SA-2f Guideline Mod 1/2 Single Rail
2x Vehicle (Spoon Rest C [P-12])
2x SA-6b Gainful [2P25] TEL
6x SA-6a Gainful [2P25] TEL
2x Vehicle (Fire Dome [9S35])
2x Vehicle (Straight Flush [1S91])
2x A/C Hardened Aircraft Shelter (1x Medium Aircraft)
8x Building (Large)

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
8x AA-7 Apex C [R-24R, SARH]
16x SA-2f Guideline Mod 1 [S-75M2 Volkhov, 5YA23 / V-759]
15x SA-3c Goa [5V27D, V-601PD]
23x SA-6b Gainful [9M336]
9x SA-6a Gainful [9M336]

Aside from the SEAD AI issue Nefaro mentioned, I have to say I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far.  I've only tried the first tutorial mission so it's too early to make any sweeping judgments, but I had fun with it.  I'm one who would prefer no sounds, though it looks like it's just a matter of turning them on if you want them.

I am wondering about the SEAD patrol mission, and if I was doing something wrong or if there's something cocked up with the AI there.  Between crappy accuracy of the Shrikes and the pointless orbiting within SAM range, the entire mission was pretty worthless.

One of the guys that works with me is a naval aviator and Navy War College grad.  I'm dragging him over this weekend and getting him to give me tips.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Barthheart on September 24, 2013, 08:51:18 AM
Yep $88 CDN up here, too rich for me right now. Maybe later when I have more time.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :P

Ouch!  That went from a must-buy to several weeks of me partially filling out the order form and then backing out at the last second.  Will I finally succumb?  Stay tuned!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on September 24, 2013, 09:34:43 PM
I'm also getting some sluggish game performance, notably on the map zoom.   Will see if it runs any different on the notebook.

The air mission AI was being a pain in the first tutorial scenario.  It refused to RTB my aircraft, and ended up flying around in three SAM's threat envelope, loitering for too long.  My SEAD A-7s did this while still carrying CBUs that they never used on these SAMs that were all within 2nm of them.  Perhaps they were staying low and masked, I don't know, but they weren't doing much good loitering there and not dropping anything but the RTB orders weren't working. *shrug*

I'll have to tinker with different scenarios and figure out if it's just my own noobish ignorance of the interface or something else before coming to any conclusions on that.  But at this time I'm definitely leaning towards keeping aircraft under manual control if I want to have some fun, as opposed to testing.

There is no Sounds that I've heard.  It's sorely missing.  They don't need to be anything big.  On the contrary some short & sweet sounds would be nice.  Having no sound effects at all is disappointing.  I rather enjoyed the contact report sounds from Harpoon Classic and the short helo sounds when they launched.  Things of that nature, sorely missed.  I'd also like to have some simple interface button clicks.. no high-pitched tinny stuff but a low one would be great.  Sounds like this will have to come in the form of community created packages.

No pics or art of all the platforms, in the database.  Due to IP issues with all the pics floating about out there, which I can understand.  Looks like the community will have to provide mods to fill it all out too.

If everything can come together, then it'll be what we've always wanted.  As to whether it's there right now.. I have doubts thus far, on my initial impressions.
Those A-7E's with the Shrikes - I had the same issue - They just would not drop those CBU's. Perhaps it was because they were on a SEAD - but if that was the case, then once their SEAD ordinance had gone, they should have RTB'd...if it wasn't because they were on SEAD, then they should've dropped the CBU's.

Later I discovered that you can manually target - but what is the point of my SEAD A-7E's flying over SAM's with CBU's if they aren'y going to use them...like I said, fire the Shrikes and RTB...or drop low and drop the CBU's.

I also had problems with my A-6's loaded with 500lbs - they just wouldn't drop them. When I eventually went to manually select a target - the report was they were too high (outside the weapon envelope) - sorry - but if I manually assign a target (or automatically assign one) and you are using a weapon that needs a height adjustment - then adjust...I had to get the damn things to manually drop their altitude to drop them...same with the A-7E SEAD aircraft and their CBUs

There are a few things I don't like in the interface....I'm not having the information to hand readily enough. Things are:
1. When I set a window size, keep it that size when I open it again
2. On the right hand side where the selected aircraft is, show me the weapon's left. You show me the fuel and there's PLENTY of space to show the weapons. Even have it as a wee drop down like Fuel and another drop down...not a button that brings up a box which has no additional purpose.
3. When in Mission Editor to set a mission for your aircraft, show the weapon loadouts...allow a click on the aircraft to see the weapons
4. When in Mission Editor, allow me to select the aircraft and "somehow" (right click, double click, click a button) to see THAT SPECIFIC aircraft in the Database Viewer
5. Same as above for weapons
6. Allow me to RTB a whole flight - so when I create a mission (my Anti Air F-14's) - allow me to select the group and select RTB. The only way I could find to do this last night (and it was late) was to SHIFT-CLICK each aircraft and then right click to select RTB - but instinctively I went to the Mission Editor and wanted to right click the AA-Patrol mission I had created to select RTB
7. More should be allowed from the Mission Editor - as mentioned above I should be able to right click and get the menu options that I get for individual or group selected aircraft...but also including perhaps selecting a target?
8. Allow me to select a group of anything when double clicking...like selecting a flight assigned to a mission
9. Map is slow to refresh on zoom and scroll...on my system, given Erik has mentioned playing this on a laptop) how can that be given how new and fresh my system is and with it installed on my SSD?
10. Map does not look good at all. Thankfully there's an option for a less ugly one
11. Sometimes I noticed the icons were very jumpy - and others it was nice and smooth...I'd liken it to a very cheap Seiko watch second hand and a Rolex second hand...I wasn't specifically looking at what was going on at the time

I'm not saying the information (mentioned in the points above is not available) - but I shouldn't have to dig for it...and by dig I mean no more than a click or two should be required - and if it CAN be displayed to you immediately, then it should - especially where it's pertinent (weapon loadouts on the Mission Editor or aircraft information)

As with Nefaro - I haven't read the manual and this stuff could be in there...but I'm reporting what I wanted to instinctively do - I was looking at the screens I instinctively thought I should be in to do something only to find I couldn't.

I'm absolutely fine with being told where I'm wrong - but a lot of that stuff, as mentioned, was intuitive to me. As a prime example - when I click a unit on the map, WHY do I not have the weapons displayed to me immediately...for me that is as important as seeing the fuel which is displayed. I didn't understand why I had to click a button to show the weapon loadout...and once there, I couldn't understand why I couldn't right click/double click to see the information for those weapons...WHY? That would be an intuitive thing to do, would it not?

I also missed the sounds - launching aircraft, launched ordinance...little things but I see there's an option so I will go back to check that out and see what's included.
Alba gu' brath