The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baloogan

Quote from: spelk on September 30, 2013, 08:55:48 AM
Baloogan has just put up the videos from his Episode 2 of playing Command.
http://baloogancampaign.com/2013/09/30/command-episode-2/

Thanks so much for helping me get the word out  ;D

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Baloogan on September 30, 2013, 09:08:21 PM

Awesome videos Baloogan! Thanks for your efforts...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 30, 2013, 09:52:30 PM
Quote from: Baloogan on September 30, 2013, 09:08:21 PM

30 min. into episode 2 part 1. This really shows off the game as the update to Harpoon. I'm very excited about this game. The top feature IMO is how it shows the power of strategic air just like harpoon did. If the game is stable, it is a buy for me!

Thanks a lot for the videos.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Baloogan

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 30, 2013, 09:52:30 PM

Cheers! Anything for the naval combat simulation genre!

I was raised on Fleet Command, Harpoon and other combat simulation videogames.

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on September 30, 2013, 10:32:09 PM
30 min. into episode 2 part 1. This really shows off the game as the update to Harpoon. I'm very excited about this game. The top feature IMO is how it shows the power of strategic air just like harpoon did. If the game is stable, it is a buy for me!

Thanks a lot for the videos.

Cheers!

I take questions from the chat during a live stream, and will try to answer any questions posted to the comments on the YouTube videos, or tweeted @BalooganCamp .

Thanks so much for watching. As you can probably tell from the videos I've really enjoyed making them.  ;D

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on September 30, 2013, 09:00:54 PM

Well that's too much Sci-fi.   Since the US Navy retired their F-14 they sold all their Phoenix stockpiles to Iran.  A plausible story don't you think?  :-[

Other than having a weapons embargo on Iran for ages?  :P

GDS_Starfury

Well that's too much Sci-fi.   Since the US Navy retired their F-14 they sold all their Phoenix stockpiles to Iran.  A plausible story don't you think?  :-[

what?  no... its not.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Dimitris

Iran is known to have kept a number of Phoenix missiles operational over the years, with black-market spare parts and reverse-engineering. They still fly with them.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

GDS_Starfury

Ive heard and seen photos of them using converted HAWKs but I really doubt either the radar or missiles are working to spec at this point.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

CptHowdy

actually got to the end of the air tutorial without the white screen of death but had trouble taking out the industrial sites. I just couldn't get my aircraft to fly below the altitude needed to release their bombs. might I suggest instead of a slider for manual override that we just get a box to type in the altitude that we want? when I got near the bottom using the slider it would go all wonky and revert back to 40k. is there any way to order a group of planes to fly at a certain altitude? I tried dragging a box around them and then pressed f2 but it didn't affect them. I had to click on each aircraft individually. thanks.

Dimitris

Quote from: CptHowdy on October 01, 2013, 12:59:43 AM
actually got to the end of the air tutorial without the white screen of death but had trouble taking out the industrial sites. I just couldn't get my aircraft to fly below the altitude needed to release their bombs. might I suggest instead of a slider for manual override that we just get a box to type in the altitude that we want? when I got near the bottom using the slider it would go all wonky and revert back to 40k. is there any way to order a group of planes to fly at a certain altitude? I tried dragging a box around them and then pressed f2 but it didn't affect them. I had to click on each aircraft individually. thanks.

Thanks! We'll see what we can do about that.

Dimitris

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on October 01, 2013, 12:10:04 AM

Other than having a weapons embargo on Iran for ages?  :P

US govt shutdown. They need the money to keep going

Yskonyn

In the Sub Training scenario I have created a Anti-Submarine mission for my sub and defined box A as the sector.
It goes to the sector, starts patrolling, detects the other sub and fires off its Torpedo's, but then the torpedo's keep on circling and intercepting the contact until they run out of energy.
They seem to 'go over' the target several times on the map, but never once one does explode. Am I doing something wrong?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Dimitris

Any chance the contact was very old? (The contact age is listed as XmYs under the contact icon). In that case the torp would head towards the location where the actual target no longer was.

GDS_Starfury

without accurate modeling of converted HAWKs and substandard AIM-54's with limited numbers and taking into account AGW I dont see how I can purchase this game.  I mean really... everyone knows the global ice sheet reflects thermal radiation that directly impacts the seeker heads on garage built missiles in the Middle East!
Im just at a loss for words due to this massive game killing oversight.

;)