The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitris

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 01, 2013, 05:51:59 PM
One last thing - it's late - please PLEASE for the love of god remove the need to switch off the numlock. Nefaro requested this and it's driving me bloody nuts. Currently I'm playing through a scenario and I'm going out to the web to find a platform image, saving it, using my pic program to edit it and trying to save it - only realising when I've been typing the damn platform number that I had num lock off. So I switch it on and save the file, go back in game and at some point try to go back to unit/group mode and realise the damn num lock is on! Please get rid

Your wish has been granted in Build 439.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Baloogan

Sorry about that! You are right this thread IS very active! I looked back a page and didn't see my post and thought "hm well I guess I forgot to post".

Thanks so much :D

Bismarck

That's OK; you're forgiven.

However, tell me why in your AAW tutorial, do you send the Tomcats up in penny packets instead of the whole group to blanket the CAP?  Was it to show an alternative?
Jim Cobb

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Dimitris on October 02, 2013, 03:52:57 PM
One last thing - it's late - please PLEASE for the love of god remove the need to switch off the numlock. Nefaro requested this and it's driving me bloody nuts. Currently I'm playing through a scenario and I'm going out to the web to find a platform image, saving it, using my pic program to edit it and trying to save it - only realising when I've been typing the damn platform number that I had num lock off. So I switch it on and save the file, go back in game and at some point try to go back to unit/group mode and realise the damn num lock is on! Please get rid

This alone puts a grin on my face. Just the act that I described was making it a real pain. Thanks.
Alba gu' brath

Baloogan

Quote from: Bismarck on October 02, 2013, 04:04:02 PM
That's OK; you're forgiven.

However, tell me why in your AAW tutorial, do you send the Tomcats up in penny packets instead of the whole group to blanket the CAP?  Was it to show an alternative?

I wasn't expecting to see aircraft so soon! :D I was enacting what I would usually do if my airbase was a carrier out at sea, get some tomcats up with a Hawkeye and engage targets at extreme range with Pheonix.

The bad guys had other plans! If I had realized that it was more of a scramble situation I would have only launched tomcats initially.

I also wasn't reading any of the instructions that came with the tutorial, I thought I knew best. Obviously I didn't.  ;)

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

LongBlade

Quote from: ERutins on October 02, 2013, 02:42:45 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 02, 2013, 10:58:16 AM
I feel like the slow kid in class.

I'm playing the tutorial and can't even get my F-14's to launch an AAW mission.

In the mission editor I create the mission, ready the aircraft and wait. Phases 1-5 fire, but my F-14's just sit there. I feel like a complete moron. What am I missing?

Did you already look through these?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/announcement.asp?id=26

No. Thanks, Erik. I'm sure it's something dumb I'm doing.

I started watching Baloogan's intro vid but got side tracked. I appreciate the assist.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JudgeDredd

Issue with the Browse Scenario Platforms dialog

When the dialog loads, it shows Side: Argentina but the units listed are for the UK

I was going to suggest that we don't get to see other sides forces because they're a bit of a spoiler - but it's an option - and I'm for options. I can avoid looking if I don't want to see the other sides platforms.
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: Dimitris on October 02, 2013, 03:52:57 PM

Thank you!  :)

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 02, 2013, 04:48:11 PM
I was going to suggest that we don't get to see other sides forces because they're a bit of a spoiler - but it's an option - and I'm for options. I can avoid looking if I don't want to see the other sides platforms.

Probably not a good idea since there's no good way to look up some enemy platforms that you've had confirmed in your Orders or have had a previous detection on and lost.  We probably don't want to dig through the full DB to find them.

If it were possible to only add them to the list when first detected, as a special scenario start situation, or when listed in the possible platforms list of the ESM emitter classification window then that would be pretty cool.  But I'm sure we agree there are bigger fish to fry at the moment.  :D

JudgeDredd

Yep. Just pointing things out. I'm more of a presentation bug hunter than a under the hood inspector.
Alba gu' brath

bostonmyk

Quote from: Nefaro on October 02, 2013, 05:11:17 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 02, 2013, 04:48:11 PM

Probably not a good idea since there's no good way to look up some enemy platforms that you've had confirmed in your Orders or have had a previous detection on and lost.  We probably don't want to dig through the full DB to find them.

If it were possible to only add them to the list when first detected, as a special scenario start situation, or when listed in the possible platforms list of the ESM emitter classification window then that would be pretty cool.  But I'm sure we agree there are bigger fish to fry at the moment.  :D

You do know our contact report dialog does do that right?

If there an emitting contact that you don't know much about select the contact report button. Will give you a list of possible contacts.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

LongBlade

Quote from: LongBlade on October 02, 2013, 11:21:26 AM
Quote from: MikeGER on October 02, 2013, 11:17:00 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 02, 2013, 10:58:16 AM
I feel like the slow kid in class.
I'm playing the tutorial and can't even get my F-14's to launch an AAW mission.

;) ;) ;)

Thanks. That's what I'm going to do next.

Yes, James, I was "adding new mission." Something is off. Hopefully Ballogan's vids will clarify.

OK, apparently my first mistake was trying to follow the tutorial's in-game instructions. I was trying to use the Mission Editor on the top menu bar, instead of using the Air Operations Dialog in Balooga's vid...

Hmmm.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.