The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Quote from: Bismarck on October 08, 2013, 07:50:02 PM
What are the minimum components of an airbase? Do they need to be in a certain order or proximity?  Thanks.

Last part of the manual has the details.
But I usually use the generic single unit airbase with embedded structures in my scenarios.

republic

Do you guys have any good scenarios to share yet?

Bismarck

Quote from: jomni on October 08, 2013, 07:51:57 PM
What are the minimum components of an airbase? Do they need to be in a certain order or proximity?  Thanks.

Last part of the manual has the details.
But I usually use the generic single unit airbase with embedded structures in my scenarios.

Thanks.
Jim Cobb

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

I haven't read it yet - and my apologies if you have and the info isn't there, but there's a section in the manual (near the back I believe) about constructing (and also destructing) airfields.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: republic on October 08, 2013, 08:01:07 PM
Yep - myself and MikeGer have. he has done much more - I've only created an overlay and imported it.
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 09, 2013, 01:21:45 AM
Quote from: republic on October 08, 2013, 08:01:07 PM
Yep - myself and MikeGer have. he has done much more - I've only created an overlay and imported it.

I'm wrapping up a counter piracy mission. Something different from the warfare scenarios.  :)

MikeGER

Quote from: jomni on October 09, 2013, 01:23:24 AM

I'm wrapping up a counter piracy mission. Something different from the warfare scenarios.  :)
Cool  8)  please upload when ready :)

- about the full detailed airbases

....it bet its possible to import known existing airbases in our own scenario and and also lasso them and teleport them to your wanted location on the globe for your own scenario   ...even so the landscape, when zoomed in, doesn't fit anymore  (i found myself using the relief layer most of the time anyway now)

@Dimitris,
how about a 'higher resolution' relief layer pictures? (on land, option for the machines that can handle it)
...it feels like its not as detailed rendered as the underlaying data?

in a future step, i would ask for a even more detailed elevation grid on land, based on a dynamic grid
pattern. 
in scientific calculation the grid size varies with 'roughness of' of the observed phenomena structures to make calculations based on (well those ppl even change the grid density on the fly when the physics phenomena get more structered in the time flow ... 'dynamic grid') to get a finer resolution grid where you need it, but with a still manageable number of data entries (think global weather sim calcs and finite elements simulation 'n such)

so in CMANO a flat rolling plain terrain your underlaying data pool entires can be  wider (wider then now) and gets more dense in the hills and mountains.
the height/slope value at one point you need in your warfare-simulations calculations will be a mathematical fit taking the three nearest data entries into account.

Dimitris

Hi Mike,

1) We are thinking strongly about that, in the future.

2) If I understand this correctly you are referring to structures like TINs. We gave this a lot of thought back when we were "terrain shopping". The allure of far more efficient data storage for a given desired resolution was very strong, but eventually we chose to go with classic grids for the time being for a number of reasons. We haven't stopped looking around however.

Thanks!
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

republic

I too would really like a higher resolution map.

Bismarck

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 09, 2013, 01:21:05 AM
I haven't read it yet - and my apologies if you have and the info isn't there, but there's a section in the manual (near the back I believe) about constructing (and also destructing) airfields.

Yeah, my bad. I got absorbed in 7.1 that I forgot to read further.
Jim Cobb

republic

What is the largest number or size of custom overlays anyone has tried?  I'm fiddling with GMAP and really thrilled with the results...but I don't want to run into problems once I start building the scenario.

JudgeDredd

I've just got version 1.01 of this and the very first thing I wanted to try was zooming to cursor and it doesn't, though it's listed on the New Features and Improvements list  :(
Alba gu' brath

Dimitris

It's available as an option, but not enabled by default (so that we don't confuse existing users). To enable it, go to Game -> Game Options -> Zoom map to mouse cursor.

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Baloogan

Hi everyone!

This coming Saturday (5pm PDT Oct 12th) I will have a special guest on the show: Mike Mykytyn!!!! I'll be asking him questions about Command, WarfareSims and about the future of computer wargaming and modern naval combat!

Also if you want to ask questions about the game you are more than welcome to join the chat to ask questions!

If you have used the Editor=>Import/Export Units feature in Command then you might have blown up some of Mike's content! I know I have!

Command's ability to create a ready made scenario via the Import/Export units feature is absolutely one of my favorite features! If I want to invade Syrian airspace to blow up Assad I turn to the huge amount of Syrian units in Command's import system, it lends credibility to sandbox scenarios... If I'm blowing up real SA-5 positions in the real Syria it makes the game seem so much more immediate!

I like the import feature so much that the background of my website at http://baloogancampaign.com is entirely from the CentFront import files! You can make that huge scenario in about 20 clicks and a few minutes in game!

Please join us LIVE on Saturday (5pm PDT Oct 12th)!