The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

republic

mikeck

Thank you republic for posting my scenario. Okay guys it's pretty unfinished but I think you'll have some fun with it. It's playable as NATO. Your job is to locate the Russian fleet somewhere to your Southeast and destroy it. Also be aware that the large base to your south houses multiple Naval aviation bombers and interceptors that threaten your fleet. There's also a few Russian subs looking about.

I just made this scenario to practice doing it and to have some ship on ship fights. Feel free to open it up in the editor and change whatever the heck you want. 
If a few of you guys play it and let me know that it is at least serviceable then I will post it on the matrix forms. I just don't want to posted there and have it completely suck
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bismarck

Looks good.  I started it just to see if I installed it correctly and I shot down a Bear with 2 AMRAMS and a Sidewinder, perhaps making a case for manual targeting to save munitions.

The only glitch I see is that the on-screen log entry doesn't go away or scroll because I use pop-ups.
Jim Cobb

mikeck

Hmm, can't help you there. Hint: don't let your CAP get too close to that base.

I should say that I set up a CAP mission with enough planes to run a 4x cap. There are 12 planes assigned with 1/3 rule active. Obviously you can change it by canceling the mission.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MikeGER

yesterday i scored 1800 on that "1967 Down Town" on my first try :)

...but where is that warehouse near the railyard ?
there is a 5x5 m 'city marker' with 50 000 damage point next to the railyard .... do i have to flatten the city(marker) or is there a location nearby that has to be found with recon aircraft first? 

Baloogan

Hey Wargamers!

Episode 7 will focus on how to use Command's Custom Overlay feature as well as an Image Database updater, which will make it easier to add new images to Command.

Please join us at 5:00 PM PDT at http://baloogancampaign.com

Cheers,
Baloogan

mikeck

Quote from: republic on October 23, 2013, 04:44:28 AM
Here's your scenario mikeck

Ok, I played through my scenario. Seems to work pretty well although the Russians did some disjointed strikes. Would have liked them to concentrate a little more.

Anyway, it was fun. Would love to see what others who know how to do this stuff could turn it into. Made me really miss TASMs though. harpoons blow

MikeGER

Quote from: Baloogan on October 24, 2013, 06:02:41 PM
Episode 7 will focus on how to use Command's Custom Overlay feature as well as an Image Database updater, which will make it easier to add new images to Command.

don't forget to continue episode 3 fighting  .... maybe more to the end of the streaming session ;)

Kushan

Quote from: Baloogan on October 24, 2013, 06:02:41 PM

Baloogan

Whos getting nuked this weekend? :D
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Baloogan

Quote from: Kushan on October 25, 2013, 02:05:14 PM

Heheheheh! The newest patch has "Unlimited Aircraft Logistics" which I really hope works with Nukes too  :D Plus I hear Talos nuke-tipped sams are fixed too!

I think quite a few Soviet pilots might be consumed in nuclear fire!!

Quote from: MikeGER on October 25, 2013, 03:09:53 AM
don't forget to continue episode 3 fighting  .... maybe more to the end of the streaming session ;)

Will do! Hope you don't mind if I turn on the option to have "Unlimited Aircraft Logistics" heheheh!

Kushan

Quote from: Baloogan on October 25, 2013, 02:16:52 PM

Quote from: Kushan on October 25, 2013, 02:05:14 PM

Heheheheh! The newest patch has "Unlimited Aircraft Logistics" which I really hope works with Nukes too  :D Plus I hear Talos nuke-tipped sams are fixed too!

I think quite a few Soviet pilots might be consumed in nuclear fire!!

I saw that. The developers must have added with you in mind lol.

The soviets always make for good targets.

Hope we see some editor additions in the near future.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MikeGER

Quote from: Baloogan on October 25, 2013, 02:16:52 PM
Quote from: MikeGER on October 25, 2013, 03:09:53 AM

Will do! Hope you don't mind if I turn on the option to have "Unlimited Aircraft Logistics" heheheh!

Do not trust 'Lt Dumb' with a nuke, it will fall from the hardpoint a stonethrow from Bagram and take out half of the own airbase  ;) .... hunt those TELs better down classy ;D

... i am off to the 'Spiel 2013 in Essen' now 8)
also there is VP penalty of -1000 points on every 1kT spend like in the oustanding FC:RS :) ...at least in that CMANO scenario (as a houserule) :P

Baloogan

Baloogan Campaign stream live right now! Stream at http://baloogancampaign.com
Covering Custom Overlays and Introducing Database Image Auto Update!

Edit:

Thanks everyone for tuning in! Great stream tonight, lots of interesting chat topics!

I'll be uploading the stream to YouTube.

Episode 7

Part 1  Custom Overlay Tutorial
Welcome back to Baloogan Campaign! Episode 7 focuses on creating and importing custom overlays for Command as well as what a Carrier Battle Group in 2025 might look like!
Part 2 The Airbase in Britain
I work on Custom Overlays for RAF Fairford! I overlay an overlay on top of an overlay, it gets confusing from here on in!
Much more to come!

Baloogan

Episode 7 Uploaded :D

Part 1 Custom Overlay Tutorial 
Welcome back to Baloogan Campaign! Episode 7 focuses on creating and importing custom overlays for Command as well as what a Carrier Battle Group in 2025 might look like!
Part 2 The Airbase in Britian
I work on Custom Overlays for RAF Fairford! I overlay an overlay on top of an overlay, it gets confusing from here on in!
Part 3 Operation Lightning Strike
I return to Operation Lightning Strike and discuss creating a custom overlay for Bin Laden's compound.
Part 4 The Chase
Air battles continue! A P-3 Orion is chased out to sea; a pair of F-22 Raptors are tasked to clear the P-3's six. They supercruise and fire BVR!
Part 5 Raptors to the Rescue
My F-22 Raptors reach the P-3 Orion and fire AMRAAM BVR down the axis of the detected bogey!
Part 6 Capt. James Kirk of the Zumwalt
I start a new scenario with a 2025 USN CVBG vs Brazil Land Based Air. James Kirk commanding the DDG-1000 Zumwalt!
Part 7 Brazil Air Defense
I compose the Brazilian land based air defense. I guess as to who Brazil would buy aircraft and weapons from. I decided on French aircraft and Russian SAM.
Part 8 Magazine vs Mount vs Magazine
I look at the difference between Weapons and Mounts and Magazines; as well as bring in custom overlays for the Brazilian airbases.
Part 9 Exocet Counterstrike
I prepare the Brazilian Air Force to respond to any detected surface contact with a Exocet Strike.
Part 10 Brazilian BARCAP
I set up Brazil's defenses; they will respond automatically to any air contacts or surface contacts. Air contacts will get all the currently airborne aircraft to converge on the contact and surface contacts will make the Exocet armed aircraft to sortie.
Part 11 Phased Array
I take a look at all the cool sensors in a Modern American Carrier Battlegroup! Including Phased Array radars that can be electronically steered!
Part 12 Convergence Zones
I discuss physical oceanography as it pertains to modern naval combat!
Part 13 ICBMs, Espionage, and TOGO!
I spawn Minot AFB complete with a good chunk of our Nuclear Deterrent! I also create overlays for a random airbase in Africa and discuss how Command might be breaking the law!
Part 14 Land Combat and the Ballistic Missiles!
I spawn a small land combat simulation, a company of T-72s vs a platoon of Abrams! Also I track a ballistic missile as it flies into Canada!
Part 15 The AMRAAM Dataurl
I fire AMRAAMs from my F-35s at the hostile bogies! I discuss dataurls and how they are modeled in Command.
Part 16 Tactical Tomahawks!
I end off Episode 7 with a Tomahawk strike on Brazilian ammo bunker installations! And the difference between the Blk III and Blk IV Tomahawk. Hint: The Blk IV Tactical Tomahawk is worth the extra $$$ :).

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's 3 am and I'm on nightshift and a bit foggy so maybe I missed it but I could use some help with creating flightplans.  I'm trying to play the Falklands scenario where you play as the Argies and have a couple of flights of A-4s with iron bombs and you have to try and use the islands for cover and get close enough to bomb a couple of UK ships.

How do I edit each waypoint so that I can manually enter the speed and altitude I want the planes to fly at?  If I leave it in auto, the planes fly way too high and get smoked by Sea Darts long before they get into range.  If I enter a manual value, the game takes that as a global value so the planes will stick to the manually inputted speed and altitude for the entire flight.  What I would like to know is if there is a way that I can set up a flight path with several waypoints and enter in different speeds and altitudes for each waypoint and then just let the planes do their thing without me having to babysit them constantly?  I can't seem to be able to find any posts on this myself.