The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitris

Miguel Molina has updated the Command Community scenario pack with a new release!

DOWNLOAD SCENARIOS HERE: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B205vpZC1pGmZFpxY0dDQl9mMTQ/edit?usp=sharing . Unzip to the "Community" folder in the Scenarios folder (or create one if there is none).

This new release includes 5 brand-new scenarios:

Annaba Constant, 1960 (France vs Egypt)
    Stag Yellow, 1968 (USN vs USSR/Peru)
    Gulf of Tonkin incident, 1964 (USN vs NVN)
    Hunter-Killers, 1962 (US/NATO vs USSR)
    Caribbean Crisis – The Showdown, 2012 (Netherlands vs Venezuela)

Also includes existing & updated scenarios:

Sakhalin or Karafuto, 2013
    Operasi Seroja Dua (Pitch Black), 2017
    Cape Road, 2023
    ASW EX – 1971 Spanish Coast, 1971
    Operation Allied Force, 1999
    Caribbean Crisis – The Prelude, 2012
    Operation Soberania, 1978
    Operation Guardian, 2013
    Hunting Day, 2008
    Malvinas 1982 – The Pincer, 1982
    COMAO Training – Transport Day, 2014
    Op Lingkod Timog I, 2013

With this release, the total number of scenarios (official + community) available for Command is now 59.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

JudgeDredd

Dimitris

I'll fire it up again and have a look.

I didn't know that the CBU "fix" had been updated to a proper fix. From what I recall reading, the only "fix" I recall was to drop the CBU's from the loadout. If that was addressed since, then I apologise - but I was only aware of one update to the game (and yes, a quick update at only two weeks in) and from what I recall it was the "temporary" fix.

I picked up from your post a certain tone - that I'm not being helpful and, in fact, being less than constructive. That's unfair. I was very vocal when I purchased the product about certain issues. These were, to your credit, more interface related than deep programming issues. That's my MO - I see interface issues and seem to lack the understanding of the more complex matters. However I was constructive about them and you DID acknowledge them. I would like to think if someone raises an issue and you acknowledge it that makes it to your list, whatever the priority. I do not think you should read all 64 pages of thread to find my issues that I mentioned, but by the same token, I would like to think you wouldn't expect people to reiterate the issues that I have already raised and had acknowledged.

These issues are not important to others - though they are to me. But I'll mention them and I'll wait for them to be addressed. There are, I presume, other more pressing issues for you lot to get your heads around.

Like I said - I'll load it up and see how it's changed.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I just loaded up the tutorial and the Corsair II's still just have Shrikes.
Alba gu' brath

Herman Hum

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 09, 2013, 07:07:56 PM
These issues are not important to others - though they are to me. But I'll mention them and I'll wait for them to be addressed. There are, I presume, other more pressing issues for you lot to get your heads around.
No, the UI issues you identified are most definitely shared by many others.  I reported many of them in the SimHQ review and virtually everyone to whom I show the game comments on the UI unfriendliness almost immediately.
ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions

jomni

Well I learned to live with the UI and find it acceptable.  It has good and bad points.

Dimitris

WarfareSims has just released Command Build 460, the next public release available to both new and existing Command users. B460 is a massive update and consolidates a long line of private beta releases with tons of fixes, improvements and brand-new additions.

Release notes summary:

* New major feature: Proficiency levels. You can now better recreate situations where large differences in skill were/are a deciding factor (most ME clashes, Desert Storm, air combat in general etc.)
    * Resuming from autosave after a crash is now literally a two-click job (and the first click is to restart the program).
    * Added new realism option: Unlimited aircraft weapon loadouts. (Test weapons & tactics quickly without bothering with logistics)
    * More speed & altitude options.
    * DB-hyperlinks for weapons added on the "Unit Weapons" window (you can explore your unit's weapons with a single click)
    * Massive performance increase, both for UI and sim-engine.
    * Faster start-up.
    * Tons of bug fixes.
    * Lots of new DB additions.

Build 460 is a highly-recommended upgrade for all players of Command. Go to the announcement on the Matrix forum to read the download and usage details, as well as the full release notes: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3463182

Herman Hum

Just to be clear, this is a BETA release only and not an official release by the Matrix publisher.  Users who don't mind spending $80 to test Beta software will be happy.  Paying customers who only want official releases will have to wait until an official patch appears on:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CommandModernAirNavalOperations/
ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Herman Hum on November 10, 2013, 07:37:43 AM
Just to be clear, this is a BETA release only and not an official release by the Matrix publisher.  Users who don't mind spending $80 to test Beta software will be happy.  Paying customers who only want official releases will have to wait until an official patch appears on:

Herman, knock it off already. You're not going to use our forums to harass an obviously hard working developer of a game you just don't like. You're encouraged to post about why you don't like it, but these obviously spiteful comments won't be tolerated.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

republic

Where can I get the beta database updates?  It seems like I read somewhere I can get database updates before actual game updates, but I haven't been able to find them.

Kushan

Quote from: Dimitris on November 10, 2013, 05:37:50 AM
WarfareSims has just released Command Build 460, the next public release available to both new and existing Command users. B460 is a massive update and consolidates a long line of private beta releases with tons of fixes, improvements and brand-new additions.

Release notes summary:

* New major feature: Proficiency levels. You can now better recreate situations where large differences in skill were/are a deciding factor (most ME clashes, Desert Storm, air combat in general etc.)
    * Resuming from autosave after a crash is now literally a two-click job (and the first click is to restart the program).
    * Added new realism option: Unlimited aircraft weapon loadouts. (Test weapons & tactics quickly without bothering with logistics)
    * More speed & altitude options.
    * DB-hyperlinks for weapons added on the "Unit Weapons" window (you can explore your unit's weapons with a single click)
    * Massive performance increase, both for UI and sim-engine.
    * Faster start-up.
    * Tons of bug fixes.
    * Lots of new DB additions.

Build 460 is a highly-recommended upgrade for all players of Command. Go to the announcement on the Matrix forum to read the download and usage details, as well as the full release notes: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3463182

Thanks Dimitri! Just in time for me to finish my Carrier Strike Groups.

Quote from: republic on November 10, 2013, 09:24:31 AM
Where can I get the beta database updates?  It seems like I read somewhere I can get database updates before actual game updates, but I haven't been able to find them.

I remember it being posted as well, but not sure which of the 64 pages it would be on. All of the DB updates from that should be in the 460 beta patch however.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 10, 2013, 08:24:35 AM
Quote from: Herman Hum on November 10, 2013, 07:37:43 AM

Herman, knock it off already. You're not going to use our forums to harass an obviously hard working developer of a game you just don't like. You're encouraged to post about why you don't like it, but these obviously spiteful comments won't be tolerated.

Thanks, JH. I was just dropping in to see how things are going here.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion about a game, but let's not go overboard with the criticism. We get the fact that not everyone loves this game. Point well taken. Now, let's move on.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Dimitris

Quote from: republic on November 10, 2013, 09:24:31 AM

You can, but as a rule we usually distribute them as part of new builds.

republic

Quote from: Dimitris on November 10, 2013, 02:36:23 PM
You can, but as a rule we usually distribute them as part of new builds.

Makes sense, thank you.  I just thought I was missing a link or something.

Baloogan

I've released additional information about the Command multiplayer plugin I've made. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3464981
Still looking for additional beta testers. The basic system works but I'm starting to get interested in scenario balancing. :)

GDS_Starfury

Ive always thought the idea of scenario was flawed as it would never happen in the real world.  someones always going to have an advantage.  Ive always found one of the joys of wargaming was overcoming that imbalance and still winning.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.