The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

The game menu update utility won't update. The last version I have is v1.01 Build 442
Alba gu' brath

Kushan

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 29, 2013, 04:48:52 PM
The game menu update utility won't update. The last version I have is v1.01 Build 442

That's because its a beta patch.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 29, 2013, 04:48:52 PM

yeah, youve got to do it manually JD - it does include changing speed and height at waypoints

JudgeDredd

ok - sorry. Took "public release" to mean official
Alba gu' brath

Baloogan

Please note that for the best multiplayer command experience I'd highly recommend Build 469
Current multiplayer game status:

There is one game open for a new player! Please sign up now for Command Multiplayer at http://baloogancampaign.com :D

Baloogan

Stream is up live! http://baloogancampaign.com I'll be focusing on the air war during Desert Storm!

undercovergeek

a little help from anyone that knows - im going thru Baloogans AAR guides now i can spend some time on the game - on the first air tutorial Baloogan launches from Fallon airbase and plays thru the game - when i fire up the game to follow his advice i have 2 Fallons, an 'actual' Fallon and a training 'Fallon' and the one i launch from is way way further west - did something change in a patch or did i break something?

Kushan

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 02, 2013, 06:35:04 PM
a little help from anyone that knows - im going thru Baloogans AAR guides now i can spend some time on the game - on the first air tutorial Baloogan launches from Fallon airbase and plays thru the game - when i fire up the game to follow his advice i have 2 Fallons, an 'actual' Fallon and a training 'Fallon' and the one i launch from is way way further west - did something change in a patch or did i break something?

It's supposed to be that way. The base you launch from was moved back in one of the first patches. I believe it was moved to move your aircraft out of SAM range right as they launch.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

splendid - my OCD mind was shouting - this isnt like Baloogans, what have i done wrong!!!

if thats the case im all good thanks Kushan

Baloogan

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 02, 2013, 06:35:04 PM

I think they might have modified the scenario in response to my AAR :)
I think its a good modification: You should have a moment to figure things out before you are jumped by hostile bogies.  ;D

bayonetbrant

this may have been answered elsewhere, but does the physical copy of the game come with a "real" manual, or just some 10-page pamphlet that tell you to go read a PDF for details?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Baloogan

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 03, 2013, 10:51:39 AM
this may have been answered elsewhere, but does the physical copy of the game come with a "real" manual, or just some 10-page pamphlet that tell you to go read a PDF for details?

It comes with a full color 140 page manual roughly a centimeter thick. Very, very blue. Hope this helps. : )

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

BB's naval ops are limited to finding new bathroom reading material.  ;)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 03, 2013, 11:39:36 AMBB's naval ops are limited to finding new bathroom reading material.  ;)

If that...

I have a buddy at work who's interested in the game, but he prefers physical copies with the in-depth manuals he can flip thru while playing.  He hates reading PDFs on-screen.