The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoop

That's the beauty of the game, you learn about modern weapon systems as you play.  The data base info screens are great educational tools.  I've spent hours just reading the database descriptions and not even played a scenario. 

RyanE

Is the new update coming out soon.  There seemed to be a lot of discussion about for a month or so an now it seems very quiet.

Dimitris

Yes, it should be released within December. Our next couple of blog posts will probably explain the major new features.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 24, 2013, 09:04:05 AM
Quote from: jomni on September 24, 2013, 08:57:05 AM
As expected.
I spent too much on flight simming (bought new hardware) and plan on playing more ARMA 3.  Both of these games take up most of my time.
I doubt Command will be able to capture my attention against these.

Well, I played the beta and it was a fine game.  However, I've lost interest in the Cold War lately.  I'm working naval warfare in the 18th century, which at least really happened in a massive way and is moderately well documented.  In fact, I have a modified Flying Colors running a 7-ship battle right now with messier rigging rules and simplfied gunnery all subject to crew-quality checks for the perks of changing sails and firing an extra broadside and avoiding collisions.

So a year later and Byzantium 1949 is out there for only 50 drachmas, plus I can extend the Spanish Civil war sort of to 1949 and let the Commie French try to finish off Franco's navy if they dare.  Now there's a scenario or two.  Those French Avengers pack a punch as does the pair of battleships, submarines and what have you as we say a fond farewell to the 18th century and start rev-ing up the engines of the revitalizing French naval forces yet again on as-yet undocumented adventures!

Baloogan

I'll be streaming Changjiang Strike, 2016 at http://baloogancampaign.com/ at 11:00 AM PST.

A Carrier Strike Group supported by submarines and strategic bombers launches a raid on the Changjiang nuclear power plant facility on Hainan Island. Clear away the Chinese CAP and IADS so the bombers can do their work.

QuoteCommander US Forces

Background:

You have been tasked with launching a carrier raid on the Changjiang Nuclear Power Complex on Hainan Island, in support of future offensive operations against mainland Chinese miltary facilities. Cripple it's ability to provide power but do not attack the reactors themselves.

The island itself is heavily defended by both modern fighter aircraft and advanced SAMs, so you'll have to attack it in stages. You may attack their airfields and related facilities at your discretion. 

The B-2s will be taking off from Andersen AFB at 1020PM GMT and arrive over Hainan Island at approximately 0250AM GMT. They will be under your operational command for the duration of this mission.

Available Forces:

Submarine Forces:

USS Seawolf
USS Georgia
USS New Hampshire
Reagan CSG:

USS Reagan   
USS Cape St. George 
USS Momsen   
USS Sterett
Aviation Assets:

6x MH-60R Seahawks
12x F/A-18F Super Hornets
12x F/A-18C Hornets
24x F/A-18E Super Hornets
4x E-2C Hawkeyes
5x EA-6B Prowlers
Rules Of Engagement:

You are authorized to take any offensive action you deem necessary against Chinese military assets in order to accomplish your mission, however you are NOT to destroy the reactors themselves.

Also, we've managed to secure overflight rights from most of our partner nations in the region with the exception of Vietnam. We can't assure the security of their land border with China or promise any assistance in dealing with retaliatory attacks so they have to avoid provoking a response by staying officially neutral. Everywhere else in the AO is fair game.

Designer notes:

This scenario is intended for the player to use the the carrier's air wing for screening hostile fighters  and then using jamming, standoff weapon capabilities, and TLAMs concurrently to destroy the IADS on Hainan Island to clear a path for the B-2s. You score points by:

Degrading the Chinese IADS capability (destroying SAMs and Radars)
Knocking out airfield runways
Destroying the facilities of the Changjiang Reactor Complex
You are penalized for:

Losing aircraft
Destroying the reactors

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 28, 2014, 03:55:56 PM
As expected.
I spent too much on flight simming (bought new hardware) and plan on playing more ARMA 3.  Both of these games take up most of my time.

Well, I played the beta and it was a fine game.  However, I've lost interest in the Cold War lately.  I'm working naval warfare in the 18th century, which at least really happened in a massive way and is moderately well documented.  In fact, I have a modified Flying Colors running a 7-ship battle right now with messier rigging rules and simplfied gunnery all subject to crew-quality checks for the perks of changing sails and firing an extra broadside and avoiding collisions.

So a year later and Byzantium 1949 is out there for only 50 drachmas, plus I can extend the Spanish Civil war sort of to 1949 and let the Commie French try to finish off Franco's navy if they dare.  Now there's a scenario or two.  Those French Avengers pack a punch as does the pair of battleships, submarines and what have you as we say a fond farewell to the 18th century and start rev-ing up the engines of the revitalizing French naval forces yet again on as-yet undocumented adventures!

Wow!  I've only made a couple of very simple scenarios and already plenty of unexpected things have happened.  The French sank a 1930s style Spanish heavy cruiser with 5 passive acoustic torpedoes from their lastest sub!  Boom!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 29, 2014, 08:17:44 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 28, 2014, 03:55:56 PM
As expected.

Wow!  I've only made a couple of very simple scenarios and already plenty of unexpected things have happened.  The French sank a 1930s style Spanish heavy cruiser with 5 passive acoustic torpedoes from their lastest sub!  Boom!

1949 seems like a tough year for Spain; they only have bf109s for aircraft in service and those have to last til 1965.  The French have an interesting array of planes, though the most potent for naval battles seems to be the Halifax with radar and 8 1000-pound bombs.  So far the Spanish have won every round since their aim is to blow up the antipope hiding in the wilds of the coastal Pyranees.  He is represented by a single terrorist platoon so a few dozen 8-inch HE shells from a heavy cruiser can finish him off in a few minutes.  Sacre Bleu!  So far the heavy cruiser always gets through and one of its big shells always gets its man.
I'll have to get the Spanish some more planes, though testing f86 against FW190s in DCS suggests the 109s can survive against the French Vampire fighters.

Dimitris

jomni

Finally! Quick turn around times and Operator Skill Levels.  That's great news.  A lot of people have been asking for that.

Dimitris

Command v1.06 - The new features Part II : http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=3565

MengJiao

bboyer66

Watched Baloogan take on the Chinese, the other night on you tube.  Really great stuff.  O0

Baloogan

Quote from: MengJiao on December 10, 2014, 11:18:31 AM
Quote from: Dimitris on December 10, 2014, 11:09:51 AM

Command v1.06 - The new features Part II : http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=3565

Wow!  Fantastic!  I like the thermal layer thing!
;D

Slightly cloudy day over the Swiss Alps!

MengJiao

Quote from: bboyer66 on December 10, 2014, 11:44:49 AM
Watched Baloogan take on the Chinese, the other night on you tube.  Really great stuff.  O0

Very nice!  My full appreciation may be delayed by a small detour to crush Sparta in about 522 BC.

Dimitris