The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 12, 2017, 10:32:28 AM
You should have been proactive, not reactive to something being removed from the game.  Deservered much more than a release note but I suspect you had an idea of the potential negative reaction.

No haters of the game here, I own everything you released from the start.  But removing features from the game and reasoning is something I don't agree with, including how it was communicated.

It's obvious your not going to change your mind, which unfortunately will make me choose to support other games and developers.  No problem...

+1
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

RyanE

So what you are telling us is every time the DoD customer tells you to remove a feature from the retail version, we, as retail customers, are at your mercy?  This is sounding so much like POA2.

I resent being called a hater.  It shows how mean, vindictive, and short-sighted you guys are.  I have gone to the mat defending Command and you guys as devs.  I have done nothing but praise the entire team.  Now, because you guys see the dollar signs at the Pentagon, the retailers are a risk of having the game head down a very bad path.

What are you willing to sacrifice your retail customers for?  The customers that fought for you guys on the Steam boards, paid a premium price, and had faith in your company.  Let's just call them haters and say screw them.  That very much seems to align with how you seem to approach any push back.

mirth

Asking questions about a game you paid for makes you a hater  ::)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

RyanE

I guess the people here aren't the target demographic any more.  I am truly bummed.  I was worried about the military contract distracting the devs, but trusted they would manage it.  I'm kind of glad they are getting their pay day.  I am just not happy that it most likely come at the eventual expense of retail customers.

bostonmyk

You should have been proactive, not reactive to something being removed from the game.  Deservered much more than a release note but I suspect you had an idea of the potential negative reaction.

No haters of the game here, I own everything you released from the start.  But removing features from the game and reasoning is something I don't agree with, including how it was communicated.

It's obvious your not going to change your mind, which unfortunately will make me choose to support other games and developers.  No problem...

Ok I though putting it in the notes of an Release Candidate was enough but maybe not. We'll do this ahead of time then the next time it comes up.

You know who the haters are as well as I do if you spent any time here :D I hope this issue isn't so large that you'd walk away from this game. That would be a shame.

Mike
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

tanqtonic

Quote from: Dimitris on February 11, 2017, 01:12:07 PM
Quote from: RyanE on February 11, 2017, 01:00:27 PM
Frankly, I expected the devs to come back and say it was some super-hard to fix feature that was overwhelmed by the advance of the engine.  But to just remove a feature  randomly, from a customer's perspective, so that it is different from a version of the game you see more revenue potential from sure seems to be heading the future development of the game down a dark path for consumers.  Very e-sim-esque.

Let's agree to disagree. We have to make decisions based on what we consider the best outcomes for the game and the company. And we have to live with those decisions.

Big difference between "choosing not to implement a feature, and implementing the feature in another version" and "yanking the feature out of existing customers hands JUST to put into another higher paying version."

No offense but kind of a c-ppy move.

Not one that promotes return business.

Not meaning to be mean or rude, just facts is facts on actions and the perceptions that occur from them.

mirth

Quote from: bostonmyk on February 12, 2017, 10:40:41 AM
You know who the haters are as well as I do if you spent any time here :D I hope this issue isn't so large that you'd walk away from this game. That would be a shame.

I know exactly who the haters are and I've actively called them out when those asshats have shown up here.

So why is it a problem for customers and supporters of the game to ask you questions now? If you're going to remove a feature from the game and hint that other features might be removed in the future, you should expect some questions.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bostonmyk on February 12, 2017, 10:40:41 AM

Ok I though putting it in the notes of an Release Candidate was enough but maybe not. We'll do this ahead of time then the next time it comes up.

Mike

Unfortunately the only method to persuade developers that I believe bad move and don't want it to further occur with other features is to vote with my wallet....if I continue supporting, then would mean I agree with your approach, which I can't do.  Nothing against the game, but disagree with the decisions made.

RyanE

Again, I'll point out that Command was born out of a culture of revenge against a crowd of "haters".  I think what we are seeing now is that the devs still feel like they are fighting that battle.  So anyone that questions a shady move are labeled haters.  There is good and bad about paranoia.

bostonmyk

I think I've ducked any question that wasn't just a set up to get yelled at Mirth. Sometimes you guys think that people that read your posts can't see the setup. We're all wargamers of course we do :)

If you're serious send us a list of questions and we'll be more than happy to answer what we can.

Thanks!

Mike

RyanE

1) Is there a chance that more retail features will be removed based on your contractual obligations to pro users
2) Is development priority changing based on your new pro business
3) Is there a chance the replay feature might make it back in
4) Will the pro user business have an impact on retail pricing

Those are a few off the top of my head...

bostonmyk

Quote from: RyanE on February 12, 2017, 10:49:01 AM
Again, I'll point out that Command was born out of a culture of revenge against a crowd of "haters".  I think what we are seeing now is that the devs still feel like they are fighting that battle.  So anyone that questions a shady move are labeled haters.  There is good and bad about paranoia.

Command was born out of us wanting to build the game we always wanted. Why do you keep posting like you know us?

Anybody that shows a continuous pattern of hate is a hater. Where do you fall? If its not a hater than give it a rest please :)

Mike

RyanE

I post based how you guys post.  I have been following you through Harpoon, DB2000, Red Pill, and original release of Command.  My posts are based see you guys go at with various people over the decades.

Its the same way you think I am a hater.  You don't know me, yet, you had no issues calling me a hater.

RyanE

Please show me the continuous pattern of hating on you.  I am interested in seeing that because my memory is that I have been a pretty big supporter.  I don't have to know you intimately to see the pattern you guys have of turning supporters into "haters"

mirth

Quote from: bostonmyk on February 12, 2017, 10:50:11 AM
I think I've ducked any question that wasn't just a set up to get yelled at Mirth. Sometimes you guys think that people that read your posts can't see the setup. We're all wargamers of course we do :)

If you're serious send us a list of questions and we'll be more than happy to answer what we can.

Thanks!

Mike

I've asked my questions multiple times. What makes you think I'm not serious about asking them? You choosing to ignore them doesn't mean I'm not serious about the questions.

I own the base game and Northern Inferno. Given that you've set the precedent for removing a game feature, under pressure from a Pro Edition client, and indicated that other features were under consideration for removal, I feel my questions are warranted and fair. But hey, continue to ignore them and pretend I'm a hater for asking.