Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on September 06, 2015, 01:37:01 PM
The release is due in early 2016, not this year IIRC.

They moved it back then?  I recall hearing end of this year at some point.

That's a good thing... maybe they've finally learned not to push them out in a buggy state.

Gusington

Well on Steam it says Coming Soon and the interweb chatter still says 2015...IIRC I have seen 2016 posted too. So...no idea :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Well - it'll be out when it's out. I'll be ready.

I've never actually completed a Total War game. I like them - I've just never completed one. I expect this will be the same. I'm looking forward to it, but it'll probably do what all my games do - gathering virtual dust on my HD
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

^At the end of the new dwarf video is actually says 'Coming 2016' so there's that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

for probably the first time, i can wait - i want it right, im going to wrap myself in this game like a security blanket and never come out

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Angry Joe Preview just released.

With actual underground Dwarf battle footage!   ^-^

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 12:58:37 PM
ooooh. I like Angry Joe  :D

That has some nice footage of Dwarf-on-Greenskin battle, too. 

Although the lead dev describes the game as "pre-alpha", it looks okay to me.  Maybe like a late Alpha?  I dunno.. some devs have different definitions of Alpha and Beta.  Or they haven't even created the turn-based grand strategy part of the game yet...?

JudgeDredd

Absolutely cannot wait for this bad boy!
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Can't wait, really can't - was adamant that I would play dwarves but now those little goblins look awesome

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 06, 2015, 05:48:10 AM
Can't wait, really can't - was adamant that I would play dwarves but now those little goblins look awesome

Still have very fond memories of the open world group PvP I had years ago, in Warhammer Online. 

Especially with my Gobbo Shaman.  The sounds & animations goblins made, when bringing the WAAAGH beatdown, was deviously superb.    O0

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on December 06, 2015, 01:58:45 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 06, 2015, 05:48:10 AM

Still have very fond memories of the open world group PvP I had years ago, in Warhammer Online. 

Especially with my Gobbo Shaman.  The sounds & animations goblins made, when bringing the WAAAGH beatdown, was deviously superb.    O0

It's supposedly still running.
There's a private server and version (yet to test it though) available at:
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/