What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Not read much so far, but it seems they like to dual-wield axes.

...and have long plaited beards.

.......and are short-arsed vertically challenged.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Well one of three aint bad...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on January 08, 2015, 07:12:52 PM

Meatloaf-ish lyrics won't deflect the belittling, Gus. Although I'm stumped as how to continue, so I'm sure this will make sense shortly.

bob48

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 09, 2015, 07:44:24 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 08, 2015, 07:12:52 PM

Meatloaf-ish lyrics won't deflect the belittling, Gus. Although I'm stumped as how to continue, so I'm sure this will make sense shortly.

I saw what you did there - slipped a tiny pun in, didn't you. MD will have you on his radar.

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on January 09, 2015, 07:50:46 AM
I saw what you did there - slipped a tiny pun in, didn't you. MD will have you on his radar.

Err...well, there's three of them, sir.

QuoteMeatloaf-ish lyrics won't deflect the belittling, Gus. Although I'm stumped as how to continue, so I'm sure this will make sense shortly.

C'mon mate, work with me here! :)

bob48

Meh!

I didn't want you to get too much credit.

...actually, the other two went right over my head.............

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

Martok

While waiting for my Star Wars: X-wing books to arrive, I'm re-reading The King Raven trilogy by Stephen R. Lawhead.  Am currently in the middle of the first book Hood (the other two being Scarlet and Tuck). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Shelldrake

I am just finishing the last book in Evan Currie's Odyssey series. Amazon reviews are mixed but I found this to be a polished and very enjoyable military science fiction series.

http://www.amazon.com/Out-Black-Odyssey-One-Book-ebook/dp/B00F0SI3EM/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

Reading some graphic novels this weekend. Just finished G.I. Joe - Hearts and Minds by Max Brooks (World War Z) and The Punisher by Greg Rucka. Later will do some New 52 - Batman - The City of Owls and Batman - Court of Owls by Scott Snyder.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2015, 02:44:51 PM
Reading some graphic novels this weekend. Just finished G.I. Joe - Hearts and Minds by Max Brooks (World War Z) and The Punisher by Greg Rucka. Later will do some New 52 - Batman - The City of Owls and Batman - Court of Owls by Scott Snyder.

If you are looking for more New-52 Batman graphic novels I strongly recommend those culled from Batman: The Dark Knight.

http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Dark-Knight-Vol-Terrors/dp/1401235433
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

^Thanks Shell. I'm becoming addicted. Just finished the Court of Owls and now have a hardback of The City of Owls that I will read later tonight...great story line.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Love the new Batman stuff. Moving on to City of Thieves, a novel about two Russian boys during the Siege of Leningrad.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2015, 02:44:51 PM

Did you finish the New 52 Aquaman?

Bison

Read the Watchmen while your in a graphic novel kick.