Previous topic - Next topic

DanVerssen

BATTLE FOR STALINGRAD

Is at the printer!

Final rulebook is online!

PHANTOM LEADER DELUXE!

Will be arriving in a week!

UPCOMING GAMES!!!

It's going to be a busy few months. Very soon, we'll be putting up for pre-order or Kickstarter:

Tiger Leader (Designed by Rick Martin)

Cards of Cthulhu (Designed by Ian Richards)

Huey Leader (DVG design)

Warfighter (DVG design)

www.dvg.com

LongBlade

Sweet!

This Thursday I'm going to run an AAR of Thunderbold Apache Leader. Really enjoying playing it!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jack Nastyface

Tiger Leader??? Sounds interesting, indeed!  I've been admittedly waiting for the spiritual successor to Patton's Best. 
Warfighter???  If this is based on small squad modern war ops, I am going to egotistically take some credit for planting the seed, as I distinctly recall discussing this many years ago in an Wargamer.com thread.  Don't make me go search for it...I rarely tread back in those forums.
Edit:  sorry, couldn't help myself...here's the conversation http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=176537   June 26, 2006.  I am not losing my mind.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

bayonetbrant

and in that thread, y'all somehow missed my link / mention / shameless plug to BayonetGames' Warfighter series

http://www.bayonetgames.com/warfighter.htm

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

Dan, i would like to read more about the upcoming games :)

when will a glimpse at the content/rules.pdf (esp of Huey) go on line at your place ?

GJK

Wow, I was even in that old discussion.

I believe that I posted a message here a few months ago asking about a modern tactical game.  Don't make me look up the link....Not going to do it.  But yes, modern tactical would be great!  How about a "Door Kickers" but as a boardgame?

"Tiger Leader" would be another design that I would look long and hard at.  As suggested, a remake of "Patton's Best" but on the other side in a Tiger I.  Wow!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

Quote from: GJK on June 13, 2013, 05:42:30 AM
Wow, I was even in that old discussion.

I believe that I posted a message here a few months ago asking about a modern tactical game.  Don't make me look up the link....Not going to do it.  But yes, modern tactical would be great!  How about a "Door Kickers" but as a boardgame?

"Tiger Leader" would be another design that I would look long and hard at.  As suggested, a remake of "Patton's Best" but on the other side in a Tiger I.  Wow!

Somewhere out there is a 'Zhukov's Best' mod for PB.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

Quote from: LongBlade on June 10, 2013, 05:35:57 PM
Sweet!

This Thursday I'm going to run an AAR of Thunderbold Apache Leader. Really enjoying playing it!

I love that game, but I never make time to sit down and play. This summer I intend to hit it hardcore, along with Hornet Leader (which I just bought). DVG's solo system is the best in the business, IMHO, even better than the excellent system VPG uses for its State of Siege games.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

MikeGER

Thunderbold Apache Leader has to be turned into an 1:1  for I-os, Android, and PC game !!!

If the burden to re-memorize the rules every time i start playing it, and the errors of enforcing them and at my bookkeeping are gone.
It would be fantastic! ...just the pure strategy and the planing to think about.... and the surprises when battleplan hits the battlefield. :)

Double Deuce

I'm not big on avaition games but that Tiger Leader certainly interests me.

DanVerssen

Thank you for all the interest!

We're prepping the games for pre-order or Kickstarter now. We should have art to show in a week or two.

For a big picture view...

Huey Leader will be like TAL, but in Vietnam. We're also adding troop transport and supply missions.

Tiger Leader will also be like TAL's basic systems, but will use more terrain hexes and have lots of different German vehicles.

MikeGER

Please develop the according VASSAL Modules of the new games simultaneously to the box version.
I wouldn't even mind if those modules get released before the box-versions are back from the printer and start shipping...

(i don't want to start a Groghead vs Groghead discussion about 'Box' versus 'Vassal module'. Both version have their pros and cons in different situation for each individual user. And i don't think the early availability of those modules would hurt the sales of the box version at all - no it stimulates them)  I've got both of TAL   

Rekim

It is an expensive habit - hanging around this place