Traveller

Started by TacticalWargames, June 25, 2014, 09:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacticalWargames

If I find my rule book from 1984 which will be in mint condition will it have an value? Going to my Mum and Dads in August and going to try and find it aswell as Middle earth RPG rulebook and there should be an unplayed mint condition Star Fleet boardgame there aswell.

I also bought Space Hulk when it first came out in about 1992\3. Never played it and the Marines would still be on the plastic. However many moons ago I gave it away, about four months after I bought it as I had no one to play against so gave it my mate for his kid who had just been born...kind of regret that as it would still be in mint condition at my Mums if I hadn't. Same way I regret throwing away every edition of 2000AD from 1982 to 1987, Mum and Dad was moving in 1987 and I was told to get rid of anything not needed!

bayonetbrant

Easiest thing to do is a search on eBay to see if anyone's selling it and the use that to gauge what you might get
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Double Deuce

I know Far Future Enterprises sells the Traveler books on CD so their value is probably not too much but there are a lot of people out there who prefer the hard copy books so they may pay more. As BB says, eBay is probably the best place to look for estimated values.

For the MERP stuff, I have seen some really high prices on a few items (over $100 USD) but I think those people are just hoping to snag someone at the high end because I can see the same items going for under $20 USD.

TacticalWargames

Just thought because it's quite old it may have some value. Anyway once I find it I prob start reading it and not want to part with anyway. I know Space Hulk first edition would have sold for a pretty penny.

Nefaro

I also recall having MegaTraveller long ago.  Dunno what the difference was between them, other than the extra content. 

It was pretty cool stuff.  Also had the lighter 2300AD from GDW for sci-fi RPG.  It was interesting but the base set seemed to be light on some content facets, IIRC.