The Great Pendragon Campaign

Started by Toonces, April 24, 2012, 02:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Finding Dalan and Maelgwyn sitting on a long bench enjoying their meal, Godric sits down across from them and starts to fill his own plate with roasted boar and stewed vegitables.

"So Maelgwyn, can you do some praying to your Gods that you don't mauled by some Saxon on this adventure? Then Dalan and I shant have to save your sorry arse again" and laughs deeply around a mouth full of food.

Staggerwing

Maelgwyn turns to Godric and gives him a sour look. He then makes a strange gesture over Godric's plate.

"I am truly sorry to hear of your affliction. Whilst it will most surely pass in a few days, until such time passes the wenches will no doubt have a good laugh if you try to act on your interest in them. Most regrettable..."

He looks past Godric at the young ale wench beyond and smiles.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

Dalan begins speaking around a mouthful of food "So, I assume the two of you found yourselves squires as well? How did you fair? Mine seems quite good. Sure, he's a bit older, but the man has some stories. Oh, and stop cursing Godric's food, Maelgwyn. Wouldn't want him weakened when next the time arrives to save your ass in battle, would you?"

Staggerwing

"My squire seems a bit timid" Maelgwyn says. " I may have frightened the boy when we first met. I could but draw out the barest details of his family and training, all in little better than a whisper. Still, he promised fealty in the end."

Maelgwyn glances back over at Godric who is still eyeing his full plate with a look of great concern.
"Godric, both Dalan and yourself have much to learn if you believe me to be capable of cursing a knight's wench-pole simply by waggling my fingers over his supper. I am no Druid."

("Yet... ", he thinks to himself)

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Arctic Blast

"Yes, I heard some of the others chattering about your little speech. Laid it on a bit strongly, perhaps? I believe that the idea is to have a Squire as an aid, not as someone to fear you on a constant basis. And as for the curse comment, it's called a joke. You may want to look in to learning about a sense of humor, particularly if you're planning on doing anything with that wench you've been eying since we sat down."

Barthheart

Eyeing his plate with some lingering concern, Godric says
"My squire come a right proper family and has already had one knight to teach him... though that one is now dead.... not sure how to read that..."
"Seems will enough anyway and he's young enough to be able to keep up with me."

Draining his mug, Godric calls for more ale. He gives the young lass a hearty slap as she leans over to fill Dalan's mug, sloshing some onto the table and Dalan's plate.

"Ha, sorry for that Dalan. Just glad it wasn't Maelgwyn's plate or I might be a newt by now!"
Godric gives Maelgwyn a large toothy grin and wink.

Staggerwing

Maelgwyn chuckles and holds up his own mug. Refilled, he takes a deep draught. Still, he briefly looks away into the distance.
"Blade-brothers, I fear for our People, both Hen Llwybr and Christ-men. Though I am young, in my family-clan I am the brother-son of our seer. Many of my dreams are quite foreboding."
He looks up. "Dalan, you have told me that you and some of your family yet hold to the Old Ways. What would you know of your Seers' advise to your leaders? Have they spoken of the Sassanach at all, spoken of what we will need to do, beyond charging madly into battle, to keep their Great Tree from getting it's roots into our homeland?"

Arctic Blast

Dalan gazed thoughtfully over at Maelgwyn for a moment before a smile creases his face "Perhaps conversations of belief might be more suited to a time when I'm not quite so tipsy as I currently find myself...again. As for your fears, we are about to head off to battle. Tis right for you to have a bit of worry."

A brief pause as he shoves another large chunk of meat in to his mouth, "And Godric, how do you think I feel? Your quire has survived a knight? Mine has survived several. Lord knows, the man is old enough to have sired half the knights in this room!" With that, he chuckles a bit, hoping to have lightened the mood of both of his compatriots.