Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Got mine. Probably come-up for air about Thanksgiving. See you guys then.  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Yskonyn

Unlocking as we speak... Checkmark ticked 'Play as soon as the game is ready'
Made a good cup of coffee and a sandwich. Ready 2: Total War

But then disaster struck! What was that sound? No it can't be! A baby's cry? Yes, yes, it's a baby's cry! It needs cleaning and food.. and thereafter it needs playtime with daddy, cause mommy is gone off to work... But my empire is waiting!?

Doh!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

And it's here - and I have to go to bloody work!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on September 03, 2013, 02:37:06 AM
Unlocking as we speak... Checkmark ticked 'Play as soon as the game is ready'
Made a good cup of coffee and a sandwich. Ready 2: Total War

But then disaster struck! What was that sound? No it can't be! A baby's cry? Yes, yes, it's a baby's cry! It need cleaning and food.. and thereafter it needs playtime with daddy, cause mommy is gone off to work... But my empire is waiting!?

Doh!
The kid will be fine. They're tenacious wee bastards!  :D
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Just arrived in London razn frazn mutley noises

Back to office after meeting? I don't think so

JudgeDredd

UCG where do you live?
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

... i stay on the fence (a hard exercise of self discipline;) ) there will be a sale  ...and maybe some AI patch in the meantime
i am not so into empire building, but like tactical battles over complicated terrain

unfortunately just in that department German language game magzin reviewers write this morn:   
condemn Creative Assemblies AI programmers to life on galley duty
and give a 5 of 10 in that catergory while other parts of the game get rated between  7/10  and 10/10
and an over all high score

so i wait for first Grogheads first-hand experiences AARs dropping in   

FlickJax

Looking at it on my desk top, cant play yet though as working :(

Grim.Reaper

Mine is already to go...fired up a quick historical battle just to see it and graphics looked good.  Had zero time to actually play so had to close it pretty quickly.  Will try tonight after work.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 03, 2013, 03:28:20 AM
UCG where do you live?

Midlands - 98 percent of my job is overseas, the rest is London - occasionally I get to live in my house - in may this year it worked out to be 350 pounds a night for my rent to nights in house ratio! I could live in the Hilton for that 

JudgeDredd

For some bizarre reason I always thought you were a Brit living in the US!

What do you do for a living?

Sorry for OT by the way - but most people ain't playing yet anyway!
Alba gu' brath

Bison

Absolutely beautiful game!

This one isn't the best, but I was very excited to watch the unit turtle up and cover from slinger fire all on it's own.

I love this feature.

Really cannot wait to sit down and get lost in this game. 

undercovergeek

Whilst some think I'm actually a spy I'm an operations manager for a conference and exhibition software company - but our clients are all over the world, my next adventure is Libya god help me!

Bison - how the hell are you playing it already - what time is it there? Good screenies - heading home shortly

sandman2575

II.iii GB downloaded... VII.vi to go

man this is a big d/l... although where I am the servers don't look to be clogged, which is nice...

Bison

And yes I'm in full Fan Boy, nerd hormones of over excitement mode right now!  15 minutes before I need to workout.  OMG!  I'm going to be late to workout!  ROME! ROME!  ROME!  Will be chanted in my head all day.