Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 02, 2013, 08:36:52 PM
I wonder if the pre-load will be able to auto-update with the hit that the Steam Servers will take from lots of European and Asian buyers D/ling the whole game. I've left my Winbox on in the Mancave (such as it is) in hopes that it'll all be ready for a quick peek before work tomorrow.

I think it'll honestly more depend on which Steam server you are downloading from in the States.  You can check which regional server host you are using in the settings.  The United States has like 20 or so regions.

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on September 02, 2013, 08:37:38 PM
As others have said: why they couldn't do this Friday is beyond me and somewhat criminal.

Isn't the development team out of England?  If so, I doubt they care much about US Federal holidays.  Not to mention we all still pre-ordered knowing it'd come out afterward.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Bison on September 02, 2013, 08:39:34 PM

I think it'll honestly more depend on which Steam server you are downloading from in the States.  You can check which regional server host you are using in the settings.  The United States has like 10 or so regions.

I tried to check but the settings option is not yet available.

Quote from: Gusington on September 02, 2013, 08:37:38 PM
As others have said: why they couldn't do this Friday is beyond me and somewhat criminal.

Maybe they were trying to spread out the server load since they knew it was Labor (Labour) Day weekend in Can-Am.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 02, 2013, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 02, 2013, 08:39:34 PM

I think it'll honestly more depend on which Steam server you are downloading from in the States.  You can check which regional server host you are using in the settings.  The United States has like 10 or so regions.

I tried to check but the settings option is not yet available.

Click on the "steam" label in the upper left hand of your client then select settings.  When the settings window opens up, there is a tab labeled downloads.  That is where/how you select the region you download for your Steam client.

Grim.Reaper

I am hoping it is an auto update, but seems some games require you to restart steam to trigger the download...maybe since already preloaded that wont be required.  I guess we will see soon enough.

Bison

That is a very true statement Grim.

Gusington

Nighty night all. Setting my alarm for 5am Roman Time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on September 02, 2013, 08:54:41 PM

So you're getting up in an hour, eh?

Toonces

Son of a bitch, I just bought it.   ::)

;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

Green Man Gaming just sent me a 35% off offer for Rome 2. Too bad I already bought it from them 25% off. But I appreciate the offer.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bison

Quote from: Toonces on September 02, 2013, 09:57:55 PM
Son of a bitch, I just bought it.   ::)

;D

Resistance is futile.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 02, 2013, 09:58:40 PM
Green Man Gaming just sent me a 35% off offer for Rome 2. Too bad I already bought it from them 25% off. But I appreciate the offer.

Me too but if I click on the link, it changes from 35% off to 19% off. 

I don't like GMG.  They keep sending me emails about 25% off vouchers but they never work on anything.

sandman2575

Quote from: Gusington on September 02, 2013, 08:54:41 PM

I think you mean V am, yes?  on the alarm-sundial...

JudgeDredd

mother funster! Game won't unlock for 2 hours - 9AM - WHEN I'M AT WORK! WTF is the point of that? Why didn't it unlock at midnight?
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Just switched on now, leaving for a meeting in London. its downloading something........

Balls, nothing still locked - le sigh